Confirmed with Link: Habs farm team moving to Laval for 2017-18 season

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Fuzzy Laval
Why not the Laval Red Lite? Another former Laval emblem and could be related to hockey! With sponsorship from Budweiser! :sarcasm:

Seriously, most of these names are awful. I'll go for the Titan, for nostalgia... I remember going to the Colisée de Laval as a young kid with my father to see the Titan play in the QMJHL. Dominic Perna FTW!

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=113494

3 Finalists:

The Laval PATRIOTS
The Laval RAPIDS
The Laval ROCKET

I thought 'TITAN' would be there.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
The proof that this city is looking for an identity.
- Laval has nothing to do with the Patriots (there was a rebelion in anglo and french territories (yes, in Ontario!), but the french group was along Le Richelieu river)
- The Rapids were replaced by a damn in la Rivière des Prairies...
- Rocket: linked to Montreal... was the former name of the junior team. And yes, originaly a reference to Maurice Richard.

I still hope that Patriots will win so that a few kids get interested in knowing the history of their Country.

IMO: Titan was the best choice, and is strongly linked to this history of that city. It seems that Le Club de hockey Canadiens wants all the control over it's new brand.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=113494

The Laval PATRIOTS
The Laval RAPIDS
The Laval ROCKET

Man, those are boring. But they fit perfectly with our beloved management: meh, lifeless, unoriginal, bland and easy. I know they justify all 3, but still... Patriots refers mostly to a south shore thing and even if it didn't, I fail to see the link with hockey. The first thing it makes me think of is New England football. Rapids is really ordinary and shall I say... easy? I get the speed thing, but is it really top 3 worthy? And as much as I (still) love the Rocket, it's been done already. My choice would be Rapids, by default. 1) Leave the Rocket alone and 2) Patriots, I just can't. There's no kickoff in hockey.

I think they're dropping (willingly or not) more and more hints about the identity they're after. So long PK's energy, hello Captain Robot and get behind the bench Professor Buzzkill. Everywhere brown suits!

I'm not in a good mood today. I'm tempted to rip apart that goal song too...

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The Laval Patriots resembles in meaning les Habitants, while still giving the team it's own identity as the Jr. Canadiens, which has already seen it's time in the Habs history. The IceCaps are a team built with character players & leaders, as will the Laval team which should be a Calder Trophy Finalist within a few short yrs., IMHO.:nod::nod::nod:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
The Saints? I'm sure Quebec will be enthralled of a name that reminds them of the Great Darkness. Silly.

It's only the Great Darkness for people that were not in it. :D Saints doesn't mean much, really.

Titans is boring, same with Rocket(s), Patriots alienates a part of the population.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad