Confirmed with Link: Habs farm team moving to Laval for 2017-18 season

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Thank you.

I used to check out the Bulldogs, but St. John's was not worth the trip. Laval is closer. Although hopefully the rumblings of Belleville getting an AHL team come true.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Yes! Yes! Yes! Will be just 15 minutes close to it! My family life is over!!!!! :D

Enough being bashed for writing Saint John or St.John or St-Johns.....

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Yes! Yes! Yes! Will be just 15 minutes close to it! My family life is over!!!!! :D

Enough being bashed for writing Saint John or St.John or St-Johns.....

I can't wait to start writing Laval wrong just for you. ;)

And my condolences to your wife and children.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I can't wait to start writing Laval wrong just for you. ;)

And my condolences to your wife and children.

Hey you can rename it backwards....I don't care.

Oh right...Laval backwards is...LAVAL! :yo:

Oct 22, 2012
Thank you.

I used to check out the Bulldogs, but St. John's was not worth the trip. Laval is closer. Although hopefully the rumblings of Belleville getting an AHL team come true.

I guarantee you that St. John's would be worth the trip. Unless, you don't like fun.

This has been speculated since they moved to St. John's, an interim home until something closer to MTL was ready. Hopefully Newfoundland get's another AHL team, they support their teams very well over there.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
My knowledge of Laval is extremely limited (a source of pride), so... is it close to the 15 ?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
My cousins live in Laval and the arena is super close to their house so that's cool. I might be able to catch some games when I go down.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
Awesome, I live in Montreal but it's a 5 minutes ride from the 15. Hoping the ticket prices are <25$ for decent seats.

+ players getting called-up won't have to relocate, big plus for them.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Incredible news for multiple reasons.

1) Lower budget families will he able to afford professional hockey.

2) Our kids will be able to train with the big boys in Bossard with the coaches and physical trainers.

3) We'll be able to call-up players on home game days and have no performances affected by jet-lag or lack of sleep.

4) Media attention will be threw the roof, which means frauds like Sylvain Lefevre won't be able to hide in New-Brunswick anymore.

5) 2 week conditioning stints in the AHL will be a lot more accepted by Habs players now that they get to stay home.

And the list goes on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad