News Article: Habs fans need to chill

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
The argument to tank is also bs, since it only works if you happen to suck the years that amazing talent is available and happen to luck into that top talent. Teams like LA

Not that I advocate tanking, but to be fair LA had its fair share of down years. Doughty at #2 and Schenn at #5 were both huge picks for them (the latter turned into Mike Richards). They also picked fourth overall in 2007......but I think the Kings would rather forget that first round pick ever happened. Your point is still valid, LA did more than simply tank and pray like Edmonton. They got other good players through the draft in later rounds, signed a few positive veteran presences while also making big trades that set them in place for long term contention.

I think once the latter happens, then we can finally say this is go time. The signings of Briere, Parros and company (as much as I would have preferred Jagr) are signs Bergevin does not feel this team is ready to go all in. Really the only reason I am staying mostly cool throughout the season. Sure, I will criticize if I disagree with something that is happening (and I am not sure if I like the way the young guns are being developed this season), and I am insane about 20% of the time I post, but big picture Habs could be in a worse spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad