Confirmed with Link: Habs draft Sven Andrighetto with the 86th overall pick (info in OP)

Lemons

Mar 26, 2008
BTW this guy was top 10 in scoring at the latest world juniors. Was amazing there. Small guy, but great skill. Dont know where he can fit on the Habs in the future has we already have Gallagher.

Also, watch the videos, he has the potential of being an elite puck theif. He sees plays in advance and he has the skating/hands to match. Call me crazy, but this guy reminds me of Datsyuk. IF he can play against men, he'll turn out to be the steal of the entire draft.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Also, watch the videos, he has the potential of being an elite puck theif. He sees plays in advance and he has the skating/hands to match. Call me crazy, but this guy reminds me of Datsyuk. IF he can play against men, he'll turn out to be the steal of the entire draft.

Doesn't play like Datsyuk at all...

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Although he's a bit on the short side, he's already close to 190 pounds, so that shows that he's well built. He reminds me of ex-Hab Mike Cammalleri, small, but stocky and well built. I think he could be a steal for us. Will be great to see him in Hamilton next year.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
To those who have watched him more carefully, how does he compare to another undersized Swede, Damien Brunner?

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
To those who have watched him more carefully, how does he compare to another undersized Swede, Damien Brunner?

Speaking to a few Q scouts he compares to a Cammalleri of sorts, I've heard tremendous things about the Swiss sensation, needs to just adapt his game to the North-South style but his work ethic and skill are astounding.

One Scout went out of his way to say that the only true flaw in his game is that he isn't 6foot++

Another gem that Timmins was wise to take, I can't express how happy I am to have McCarron, Reway, Andri and Leks, awesome haul

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Would be pretty amazing if he lights up the AHL right off the bat like the Lightning undersized players like Conacher/Johnsson did in their rookie year.

brunosevigny

Jan 13, 2012
Here is a full report I made on Andrighetto. I live now near Rouyn-Noranda so I got the chance to watch him play live multiples time.

Offense: Wizard with the puck. Change direction really quickly which create scoring chances. Andrighetto is speedy (not extremely fast but over average) but is major strenght is that he can make plays at full speed - eternal motor. His one timer slapper is just deadly (accurate and hard - Stamkos/Ovi lite) which is his major weapon. Need to improve the accuracy of his wrister (really decent wrister anyway)

Defence: Strong overall play and good positionnal play. Hard working. Always one of the first to backcheck. Create many turnovers with his eternal motor and good positionnal play. Real complete player. Was part of the first unit on the penality kill.

Grit and toughness: Andrighetto is a small player who play big. Doesn't shy away from contact althought he doesn't often initiate them (sometimes he does). Really hard to pry the puck away when he have possession.

Need to improve:
Accuracy and power (not so much) of his wrister
Speed (he is fast and quick but if he can put another gear... hell yeah)

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Here is a full report I made on Andrighetto. I live now near Rouyn-Noranda so I got the chance to watch him play live multiples time.

Offense: Wizard with the puck. Change direction really quickly which create scoring chances. Andrighetto is speedy (not extremely fast but over average) but is major strenght is that he can make plays at full speed - eternal motor. His one timer slapper is just deadly (accurate and hard - Stamkos/Ovi lite) which is his major weapon. Need to improve the accuracy of his wrister (really decent wrister anyway)

Defence: Strong overall play and good positionnal play. Hard working. Always one of the first to backcheck. Create many turnovers with his eternal motor and good positionnal play. Real complete player. Was part of the first unit on the penality kill.

Grit and toughness: Andrighetto is a small player who play big. Doesn't shy away from contact althought he doesn't often initiate them (sometimes he does). Really hard to pry the puck away when he have possession.

Need to improve:

Wow, thanks man. Appreciate it when people who really saw him play live come here and post a great and nice report. :cheers:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Swiss. ;)

Speaking to a few Q scouts he compares to a Cammalleri of sorts, I've heard tremendous things about the Swiss sensation, needs to just adapt his game to the North-South style but his work ethic and skill are astounding.

One Scout went out of his way to say that the only true flaw in his game is that he isn't 6foot++

Another gem that Timmins was wise to take, I can't express how happy I am to have McCarron, Reway, Andri and Leks, awesome haul
I'm not an expert, but I've seen him more than a handful of times. His offensive game could be compared to Cammalleri's but he's definitely not as scared of contact as Cammy is.

He's also about a million times better defensively already.

Gally and Chucky

No Excuses
Jun 11, 2011
Gatineau, Canada

Need to improve:

For the accuracy, does he have the Galchenyuk syndrome of always picking the highlight reel top corner shot then going high or is it really an accuracy problem?

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
heres a small post i wrote on him earlier this year

I was also surprised to see he wasn't even drafted last year as he had a great season on a very weak team.

He is a very quick skater and he's got good hands and a good slapper that he uses a lot on the powerplay.

He thinks the game well and he works hard unlike a player like Kucherov who play lazy or too fancy sometimes.

He's a bit small and might not make it against the pro in the NHL but he's for sure a solid 3rd round pick and a steal past the 5th round this year

NewHabsEra*

So what was the knock on him last year ? Seems like a steal of a pick.

I think its Timmins who said he wasnt strong enough last year, he apparently added some serious strength to his frame, what made the difference..

WeberBombs

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Any video interviews of him following him being drafted by the Habs?

I really liked his skill set and didn't think the Habs would pick him so I'm happy! Hopefully his size doesn't stop him from being a solid NHL player.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
This pick seems amazing. 5'10 isn't that small at all. 180 is very good for that height. And he can skate? And he works his tail off? And he has tons of skill? And he put up huge points? This could turn out to be a dynamite pick? Looks like both he and Reway could be the Gallagher/Dietz/Hudon type picks of this draft. Love it!!!!

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Any video interviews of him following him being drafted by the Habs?

I really liked his skill set and didn't think the Habs would pick him so I'm happy! Hopefully his size doesn't stop him from being a solid NHL player.

There is one video up on RDS in their video section I think. Nothing much to see. Said his goal was Hamilton for September.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Envious of the Habs draft and this guy in particular. After watching him dismantle Roy's Remparts in the playoffs, he was someone I was holding out the Sabres would land with their rash of mid-round picks. Sadly, it was not to be. I think he's a gamer and has too much skill and drive to not succeed.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Envious of the Habs draft and this guy in particular. After watching him dismantle Roy's Remparts in the playoffs, he was someone I was holding out the Sabres would land with their rash of mid-round picks. Sadly, it was not to be. I think he's a gamer and has too much skill and drive to not succeed.

Awesome, thanks! :handclap:

I love the 2 towers you guys got on defence. Going to be hell to pay crossing the Sabres blueline for the next decade and a half.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad