Confirmed with Link: Habs draft Sven Andrighetto with the 86th overall pick (info in OP)

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
This guy FLIES on the ice. He has mad puck skills, amazing skater. Definitely knows how to score goals. Will need to figure out how to play against men, but the potential is there. Can't teach skill. Him and Reway are similar, maybe like Desharnais or thereabout. Will see how it goes.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
This guy FLIES on the ice. He has mad puck skills, amazing skater. Definitely knows how to score goals. Will need to figure out how to play against men, but the potential is there. Can't teach skill. Him and Reway are similar, maybe like Desharnais or thereabout. Will see how it goes.

He is a much better skater than Derharnais is. I think he's more dynamic than David is too. Lots of hockey sense, and can make plays at high speed. He was the one who made Jean-Sébastien Dea a goal scorer in the 'Q.

We should see Sven in Hamilton next season.

Dec 2, 2010
He is a much better skater than Derharnais is. I think he's more dynamic than David is too. Lots of hockey sense, and can make plays at high speed. He was the one who made Jean-Sébastien Dea a goal scorer in the 'Q.

We should see Sven in Hamilton next season.
I'm not sure. He might play in the Swiss league.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Sven Andrighetto ‏@Andrighetto25 3 h
so excited and proud to be with the @CanadiensMTL ! #habs

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jr...-come-calling-sven-andrighetto-020239693.html

“It was so exciting,” said Andrighetto wearing his new Canadiens ballcap and jersey. “I don’t know how to describe it. It was an unbelievable feeling to get called my name. Of course I was disappointed last year, but I worked really hard for this. Now I’m even more happier here to be with the Montreal Canadiens.”

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
BTW this guy was top 10 in scoring at the latest world juniors. Was amazing there. Small guy, but great skill. Dont know where he can fit on the Habs in the future has we already have Gallagher.
Small players aren't so bad as long as they have skill.

You can have one small player on every line if they have skill and are players who don't mind driving the net.

Gallagher and Andrighetto are that type of player. It's not hard to build around that size.

Guys like Desharnais (who I'm a big fan of) lost a lot of his spunk this year. He's still more "fiesty" than others his size and most perimeter players, but he needs to get that jam back to his game that he had last year when he'd go into the corner and come out with the puck.

NewHabsEra*

I always liked this kid everytime I saw him play, he is a pretty dynamic skater that makes plays at high speed.. At worst a very very good AHLer that will make our farm better thats for sure.. I like the pick..

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
The only thing that I like about this pick is that he can directly play with the Bulldogs next season who definitely need more offensive abilities at the front.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
I've seen Sven play live twice, and I made sure I focussed on him when he was on the ice. I'll agree that it was only two games but IMO that was more than enough to make my mind on him. He was on my no-draft list. I didn't like his game AT ALL.

First, he's a floater. He never once helped his team in the D zone and waited for the outlet pass. Second, while he's short, it's obvious he has a thick build. However, I was underwheelmed by his acceleration. His foot speed looks ok, but his first few steps aren't giving him as much speed as I'd like to. IMO, he has the puck skills but he doesn't have the size, the skating, the presence or the overall hockey IQ to be a NHLer. Honestly, I don't see him being a top6 forward, nor an effective bottom 6 guy with us. IMO, this is a wasted pick.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Well if he ever makes it to NHL and scores on a slap shot I will call the goal>>>>>>

Sven Scooooorezzzzzzzzs the GhettoBlaster.

ramynoodle

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal
This is a guy that had 31 goals, 98 pts in 53 games last season, and 8 goals, 30 pts in 14 playoff games. That's 1.91 pts per game.
Mackinnon had 1.77 pts per game (and he plays with Drouin!)

The only reason he was drafted late is because of his height (5'10'') which isn't even that short.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
This is a guy that had 31 goals, 98 pts in 53 games last season, and 8 goals, 30 pts in 14 playoff games. That's 1.91 pts per game.

The only reason he was drafted late is because of his height (5'10'') which isn't even that short.

You just compared Andrighetto to mackinnon in your first hfboards post?

bright-future-ahead.jpg

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

drouin is like 5"10-5"11 and mackinnon is 5"11-6 barely, but i would think some of the reasons andrighetto was so late despite being an overager is mostly his weight, needs to bulk up

not sure how fast he is?

ramynoodle

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal
You just compared Andrighetto to mackinnon in your first hfboards post?
I didn't say he's better. I just think he deserves a lot more credit than he gets.

drouin is like 5"10-5"11 and mackinnon is 5"11-6 barely, but i would think some of the reasons andrighetto was so late despite being an overager is mostly his weight, needs to bulk up

not sure how fast he is?
180 lbs isn't bad for a 5'10'' guy. And I hear he's pretty fast.

Last edited:

Uwey

Jun 10, 2006
Lunenburg, NS
20yrs old, an overager, why not just offer him a tryout contract & start from there???? Seems baffling to me???

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
20yrs old, an overager, why not just offer him a tryout contract & start from there???? Seems baffling to me???

He was going to get drafted, he was on everyone's radar. He went exactly where he was projected.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I didn't say he's better. I just think he deserves a lot more credit than he gets.

180 lbs isn't bad for a 5'10'' guy. And I hear he's pretty fast.

180 lbs not bad thought it was worse

i have to say tho, the 30 pts in 14 playoff games REALLY stands out, like that is some serious ****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad