Confirmed with Link: Habs draft Martin Reway with the 116th overall pick (info in OP)

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
Well it has to do with Reway because if Subban was available, maybe there would be no thread about Reway..

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
After the second round its usually :

A. big dudes with little talent

B. smurfs that are talented

Big dudes with talent go in the first two rounds. We shouldn't really complain that we pick these small players since most of the time they do turn up pretty good.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
yeah that is a good read. Obviously I hope he makes the NHL for the Habs but I'd be happy for him even if he made it with another club, sounds like he had a tough time of it as a kid, hopefully that's over

kernkraft

Jul 8, 2006
Kanata
Martin Reway highlight reel:

The last goal is unreal :amazed:

mother_of_god_Half_Life_2_Lamp-s233x249-341301-580.jpg

Dem hands...

Last edited:

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
178cm is 5'10

Sorry, I was using conventional arithmetic, and the traditional
2.5 centimeters per inch. That makes 178 = 5'11.2".

But maybe irrelevant, because the metric numbers might be wrong.

Actually my 2.5 was rounded off too much. So yes just over 5'10".
Still better than 5'9.

Last edited:

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012

I hate it when players do this:
reway_2.jpg

Call me old school, but I hate it when they wear the jersey backwards, giives me the impression that he gives more importance to the name on the back rather then the crest on the front...

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
He has no character. Trade him already.

First we have to develop him for four or five years. Then when he's one of our top 5 prospects and our most NHL ready one we trade him for character.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
He has no character. Trade him already.

:laugh: thats not what I meant but what ever.
On a side note, can anyone summarize that interview? I tried using google translate but I think I'd have better luck reading it in the native language.

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
I hate it when players do this:
reway_2.jpg

Call me old school, but I hate it when they wear the jersey backwards, giives me the impression that he gives more importance to the name on the back rather then the crest on the front...

Take a minute and a deep breath and ask yourself, what's the reasoning behind taking that picture? To show that someone named Reway is now part of the Habs organization or that the Habs organization are welcoming someone called Reway?

What he's trying to show with the picture is exactly that: his name on the jersey because he's proud of what he's accomplished... and you're gonna hate him for that reason?

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Take a minute and a deep breath and ask yourself, what's the reasoning behind taking that picture? To show that someone named Reway is now part of the Habs organization or that the Habs organization are welcoming someone called Reway?

What he's trying to show with the picture is exactly that: his name on the jersey because he's proud of what he's accomplished... and you're gonna hate him for that reason?

I'm old school all 58yrs. of it and Reway's play in the U/18 game against Norway, was quite the show. Some of his skating and stickhandling looked like Marcel Dionne as a Junior, Martin can certainly play the game. If he gains another 20-30 lbs. of muscle he could be an NHLer IMO.:nod: I'm glad the Habs drafted some great talent instead of all size and brawn.:handclap:

Analyzer*

We could turn it into a "On the dbag reway...." meme.

Good luck to him, in all seriousness.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
wow... Reway could be the next Daniel Pribyl, or Alexander Avtsin! Colour me a skeptic.
He's playing in the QMJHL before he's even drafted, how are they even comparable players...at least go after a bust that was in the same situation/league like Olivier Archambault or Olivier Fortier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad