Weekes: Habs discussing multi-year extension with Jake Allen

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
His development was stunted during the pandemic, he is undersized, but that has never been his strength. He has dominated every level before turning pro, and like i said his pro stint thus far has been anything but "regular"

Many goalies with less of a proven resume than Dipietro have received chances, Mikey can make a team that takes a chance on him look really good if he every reached his draft day projection.
I just don’t see it. He’s not good enough to overcome his stature. I wouldn’t waste the contract on him. Frankly I’m surprised Vancouver qualified him

Reactions: bert

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I just don’t see it. He’s not good enough to overcome his stature. I wouldn’t waste the contract on him. Frankly I’m surprised Vancouver qualified him
I'm not saying Dipietro is all that great of a prospect but people were likely saying the same thing about Alex Nedeljkovic. It's way too soon to completely write off a young goalie.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
So was Weekes an insider for like two months this summer, and now he just says random cryptic stuff like twitter nobodies?

Reactions: cavs

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Mikey Dipetro still needs a home.

5th round pick should get the trade done. low risk , high reward

WPG should be all over a guy like that. Bring him in for next to nothing to compete with Rittich for backup. Worst case, you lose Rittich on waivers or send Dipietro down (Could send Berdin to Russia - he ain't it). Best case, you find another young potential 1B in Dipietro to step in when Hellebuyck's contract expires after next season.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
NYR's depth 5th G from last season, Tyler Wall, still unsigned 8^)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Minnesota seemingly set (for now) with Filip Gustavsson as backup.

Chicago gave a one way deal to Alex Stalock to help with their 'bad by design' roster. Although I suppose it wouldn't be crazy if they took Khudobin (assuming he's cleared) with a sweetener. Dallas could use a little extra cap space to sign Robertson.
Agreed just thinking of some teams outside the obvious two. I could see the hawks taking khudobin for a pick.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Agreed just thinking of some teams outside the obvious two. I could see the hawks taking khudobin for a pick.
MN isn't a a bad guess, have cap space and its the biggest question mark on the team, but if a move happens it would be far more likely to occur at least partway through the season, unless injuries happen early. Guerin put his faith in both, but with the rest of the team being very strong, any under-perfomance at goalie could lead to quick action. The Wild are entering the season with an aging Fleury and a young backup, Wallstedt is available down the chain but you want to see him in IA to get familiar for some time at the minimum. The rest of the goalie pipeline is questionable, but with the team defense that MN plays it doesn't exactly take a high performer to get good results, so the door is pretty much always open for the Wild to take a shot at adding any underperforming goaltenders around the league that may just need a fresh start.

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
MN isn't a a bad guess, have cap space and its the biggest question mark on the team, but if a move happens it would be far more likely to occur at least partway through the season, unless injuries happen early. Guerin put his faith in both, but with the rest of the team being very strong, any under-perfomance at goalie could lead to quick action. The Wild are entering the season with an aging Fleury and a young backup, Wallstedt is available down the chain but you want him to see him in IA to get familiar for some time at the minimum. The rest of the goalie pipeline is questionable, but with the team defense that MN plays it doesn't exactly take a high performer to get good results, so the door is pretty much always open for the Wild to take a shot at adding any underperforming goaltenders around the league that may just need a fresh start.
Agreed

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Ballpark depth charts:

Arizona seemingly with an NHL backup spot to fill and Philadelphia still in limbo with Fedotov? Montreal probably will sign an AHL goalie to go with Primeau. Handful of teams maybe will add a 5th goalie for insurance.

Edit: Dallas/New Jersey probably wouldn't mind offloading Khudobin/Bernier if they are medically cleared but I can't imagine there'd be a buyer there. Some AHL vets looking for a landing spot: Garret Sparks, Chris Gibson, J.F. Berube, Callum Booth.
Great list but I would edit Colorado. (Swap in Georgiev for Kuemper)

Reactions: Brodeur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad