Habs Development Camp (July 2-6) Thread

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
Maxime Fortier has some pretty good stats, progressing positively; any chance we offer him an ELC or AHL contract?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Maxime Fortier has some pretty good stats, progressing positively; any chance we offer him an ELC or AHL contract?

That depends how much he impresses at camp. Timmins mentioned that they'll likely be inviting players at camp and will probably offer them AHL contracts. In that case, it will be either Laval or Brampton for them.

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
I was hoping Alex D'Orio (GK).

Great size, good stats, good draft status (QMHJL). Was Saint John's starter before they acquired Callum Booth for the big run (not unlike when Quebec acquired Fucale when Booth was their starter).

Felt he was worth a shot in the 7th or a no-brainer as an invite.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Dylan Coghlan is a must add in my mind. Get him signed and have the best RD prospect depth in the league.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Add Francis Leclerc (Avs), Dylan Plouffe (FLA), Raaymakers and Kevin Hancock (TB) to prospect invited to other camps.

Still only Alain and Fortier for us AFAIK. Camp starts next Sunday.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Suspicious.

It's weird. He has outstanding skating skills, speed, a great first pass, superb defensive positioning, and is able to join the rush and recover defensively. He makes very few mistakes and when he does he recovers quickly. The Black Book had him ranked at #82.

He's a must-invite in my opinion. No reason not to.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
It's weird. He has outstanding skating skills, speed, a great first pass, superb defensive positioning, and is able to join the rush and recover defensively. He makes very few mistakes and when he does he recovers quickly. The Black Book had him ranked at #82.

He's a must-invite in my opinion. No reason not to.

You've got me convinced. Any idea why Bellerive didn't get drafted? Doesn't look like he's been invited anywhere just yet either.

Stive Morgan

Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
You've got me convinced. Any idea why Bellerive didn't get drafted? Doesn't look like he's been invited anywhere just yet either.

Really not sure. Perhaps concerns over the fact that he played with overagers? He's another head scratcher. He's a really energetic player. Good hockey IQ, great passer. Maybe he interviewed poorly.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
This. Still can't believe he went undrafted.

Interesting.

Dylan Coghlan, D, Tri-City Americans, WHL
Height: 6’3”
Weight: 190 lbs.
Shoots: Right

Born: February 19, 1998 – Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada

Draft: 2013 WHL Draft – Round #3 (63rd overall) by the Tri-City Americans

After going undrafted last year, Dylan Coghlan spent the entire season proving scouts wrong and putting himself right back in the draft picture with his play this past season. Stepping up his role with the team as a solid #3 defenceman behind Parker Wotherspoon and fellow draft eligible Jusso Valimaki, Coghlan plays a mature, quiet and patient game on the back end. He keeps his game simple and doesn't rush the play. Makes a good first pass right on the tape and is shooting much more this season, already surpassing last season’s goal and point totals while seeing a regular shift on the power play where he likes to shoot. He wins puck races, eludes the forecheck and anticipates well in his own end. A real fluid skater who is also a physical presence on the back end using his big frame to thwart the offensive attack. One of the most underrated defencemen for a second straight year.

DID YOU KNOW? After going undrafted, Coghlan attended the Detroit Red Wings prospects camp last summer. He is considered as one of as many as six Tri-City Americans who expect to be drafted this summer.

And yet he still went undrafted again.

http://hockeynow.ca/blog/prospect-profile-dylan-coghlan-ryan-mcgregor-cedric-pare

Stive Morgan

Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Interesting.

Dylan Coghlan, D, Tri-City Americans, WHL
Height: 6’3â€
Weight: 190 lbs.
Shoots: Right

Born: February 19, 1998 – Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada

Draft: 2013 WHL Draft – Round #3 (63rd overall) by the Tri-City Americans

After going undrafted last year, Dylan Coghlan spent the entire season proving scouts wrong and putting himself right back in the draft picture with his play this past season. Stepping up his role with the team as a solid #3 defenceman behind Parker Wotherspoon and fellow draft eligible Jusso Valimaki, Coghlan plays a mature, quiet and patient game on the back end. He keeps his game simple and doesn't rush the play. Makes a good first pass right on the tape and is shooting much more this season, already surpassing last season’s goal and point totals while seeing a regular shift on the power play where he likes to shoot. He wins puck races, eludes the forecheck and anticipates well in his own end. A real fluid skater who is also a physical presence on the back end using his big frame to thwart the offensive attack. One of the most underrated defencemen for a second straight year.

DID YOU KNOW? After going undrafted, Coghlan attended the Detroit Red Wings prospects camp last summer. He is considered as one of as many as six Tri-City Americans who expect to be drafted this summer.

And yet he still went undrafted again.

http://hockeynow.ca/blog/prospect-profile-dylan-coghlan-ryan-mcgregor-cedric-pare

It's weird enough seeing a 53 point 19 year old defenseman go undrafted twice (His 24 points in his draft year were very respectable too) but then when you factor in his other abilities such as defense and hockey IQ it really boggles the mind.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Is Alex Barré-Boulet invited anywhere? Could be a good invite at camp. He just finished this past season with 29 goals and 52 assists for 81 points in 65 games split between Voltigeurs & Armada. He's a left-shooting center and also had 31 points in 20 playoff games in Armada's run to the Coupe du Président finals.

Invited by Las Vegas.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
It's weird enough seeing a 53 point 19 year old defenseman go undrafted twice (His 24 points in his draft year were very respectable too) but then when you factor in his other abilities such as defense and hockey IQ it really boggles the mind.

At that point, do you think it has anything to do with off-ice issues?

Stive Morgan

Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
At that point, do you think it has anything to do with off-ice issues?

Could be, but I'd be surprised. I'm familiar with his brother (he plays for my university's hockey team, and my friend was teammates with him in the WHL ((as well as Scherbak which I'm still jealous about)) and he seems like a pretty level headed fellow. They seem like a good family. I've never heard anything bad about him, but as with any player you never know the whole story behind the scenes so you never know. I think scouts might just think that his success is attributed to Rasmussen, Geekie, and Valimaki and don't want to pull the trigger yet.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Really surprised Coghlan and Carson went undrafted. Definitely worth a late pick, bare minimum. Had Coghlan before Fleury.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

So an invite was made to Fortier from this list.

Saw requests for Minulin. Anyone else worthy of an invite?

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

So an invite was made to Fortier from this list.

Saw requests for Minulin. Anyone else worthy of an invite?

Really surprised Minulin wasn't drafted, would love him to get invited. MacAuley Carson and Joel Teasdale, I'd like to see them in our development camp too.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Really surprised Minulin wasn't drafted, would love him to get invited. MacAuley Carson and Joel Teasdale, I'd like to see them in our development camp too.

1rj9ed.jpg

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad