Habs Development Camp (July 2-6) Thread

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
Has anyone heard about free agent camp invites, the only one I have seen on twitter is
Alexandre Alain from Armada?

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/c...er/c-290207390

Invites (try-out):

forwards:
ALAIN, Alexandre
BOUCHER, Jordan
CONWAY, Scott
FORTIER, Maxime
GOULET, Alexandre
JACKSON, Robby
LUKOSEVICIUS, Jarid
McLAUGHLIN, Marc
SAULNIER, Brennan
ZERTER-GOSSAGE, Lewis

defensemen:
LIZOTTE, Jon
PASICHNUK, Brinson
SCHULDT, James

goalies:
SALMOND, Brodan

Last edited by a moderator:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Has anyone heard about free agent camp invites, the only one I have seen on twitter is
Alexandre Alain from Armade?

it's too bad they invited Alain but not his coach. :sarcasm::cry:

Timmins said there isn't much room at the development camp (which doesn't make sense) and he said they were looking at guys from the Q but ones that could play in the rookie tournament and sign an AHL contract. I never hear the organization tip their hand like that before, unless it was more just him talking without wanting to tip his hand if they had someone they were interested in that went undrafted ala McNiven 2 years ago.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
it's too bad they invited Alain but not his coach. :sarcasm::cry:

Timmins said there isn't much room at the development camp (which doesn't make sense) and he said they were looking at guys from the Q but ones that could play in the rookie tournament and sign an AHL contract. I never hear the organization tip their hand like that before, unless it was more just him talking without wanting to tip his hand if they had someone they were interested in that went undrafted ala McNiven 2 years ago.

I think he meant for the rookie tournament?

Could invite more to the development camp.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think he meant for the rookie tournament?

Could invite more to the development camp.

he said development camp in the hopes they would get invited to the rookie camp/tournament and sign AHL/ECHL contract. I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he said but I'd have to go back and listen but I don't feel like it. Was an interesting interview though.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
he said development camp in the hopes they would get invited to the rookie camp/tournament and sign AHL/ECHL contract. I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he said but I'd have to go back and listen but I don't feel like it. Was an interesting interview though.

Yeah, it seemed odd and phrased weirdly.

It was also said in the context of defending himself.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Wow Kosorenkov to Philly....seriously? Yeah no room for Q boys..but watch the NCAA invitiations...:shakehead

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Korosenkov (Flyers), Duquette (Leafs), D'astous (Blues), Sévigny (Jets), Phelan (Coyotes),Alex D'orio (Penguins), Sam Dove-McFalls (Calgary), Grégoire (Colorado) all got camp invites from other teams.

Andrew Shortridge to Nashville camp. Really great stats for a first year in NCAA at 22. Late bloomer?
Adam Brubacher to Canucks camp. 6'4 NCAA 21 yo Dman with good stats in his first year with RIT.

Last edited:

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
They need a few french players from the QMJHL to play in Laval. They should bring a new coach from the Q as well...

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
I wouldn't mind seeing small but dynamic Artur Tyanulin getting an invite. He was Ottawa 67s best offensive player by a wide margin. Great skater and seemed to have great vision when I watched him

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
This might be his time to get an ELC. He been on a good progression curve and from what I've been hearing he can at least be a decent AHLer.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This might be his time to get an ELC. He been on a good progression curve and from what I've been hearing he can at least be a decent AHLer.

Timmins said that the players they will invite to the camp will be looked at with the goal to sign them to AHL contracts (meaning only AHL and ECHL for them). They wouldn't count on the 50-contract limit that way. If they are signed to ELC's, it's because they impressed immensely.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is Alex Barré-Boulet invited anywhere? Could be a good invite at camp. He just finished this past season with 29 goals and 52 assists for 81 points in 65 games split between Voltigeurs & Armada. He's a left-shooting center and also had 31 points in 20 playoff games in Armada's run to the Coupe du Président finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad