Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat the Sharks in a shootout

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Sad! Naysayers are quiet now but one or two bad games by Slaf and the arrows/darts will start again. Leave the guy alone!!!
He will have alot of bad games, comes with the territory of being so young, so raw. Wait until he hits his 3rd year. He is night and day better than last season.

Point taken but I don't see any of the egregious errors he was accused of making.
Solid #7 that can fill in without hurting the team. Pleasant surprise.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
There was a guy malding that they used Slaf and was "shoving him down our throats" like c'mon
I mean, yes, but that’s like one post. No one will see eye to eye on everything. I wouldn’t agree, that’s for sure, on the idea. I can say a LOT of names should play less then they do before Slaf these past few weeks :laugh:

I feel the vibe is getting there on the whole Slaf thing, and it’s directly correlated to his play. It’s a good thing all around.

Reactions: Runner77

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Nice goal in OT for sure, but I think Jesse had a meh-type game. I hope he too takes note that you can't show up 1 out of every 4 games (ask Yoelle)
He plays 7 minutes per game no matter how he plays. He also plays with players that can't match his skills set.

Reactions: Runner77

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I'm betting on AHL time for both he and Reinbacher.
That’s interesting. My feeling is Hutson would prefer staying in the NCAA than signing at the end of the season to go to Laval. Might be wrong, but NCAA is like a hybrid pro league and I would guess he’s comfy there, considering his development.

Reactions: Don D

Souker

Feb 10, 2020
Point taken but I don't see any of the egregious errors he was accused of making.
He’s a decent bottom pairing guy. Low ceiling.
We just have a lot of bottom pairing guys.
I’d argue that he’s more stable than Kova recently.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That’s interesting. My feeling is Hutson would prefer staying in the NCAA than signing at the end of the season to go to Laval. Might be wrong, but NCAA is like a hybrid pro league and I would guess he’s comfy there, considering his development.
It may depend on what upper management wants. Particularly if they see those two as a future pairing.

Reactions: Gustave

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I know it's only 2 games but damn Struble plays like he belongs in the NHL.
Pro hockey suits his style. I’m very happy with this dev curve, all the injuries took their toll but he’s on a great trajectory. Feels like an NHL d man.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
So let's talk LHD, going to be very interesting when injured players come back and Hutson finishes his NCCA career.
Matheson
Ghule
Wifi
Hutson
Struble
Harris
Hmmmmm....who goes?
It's pretty obvious who lol

What's NOT obvious, is if we get to an incredible 'it's Xhekaj or its Struble' situation, Arber beeeeeeetter start putting in a lil more work at trying to get 'better' and not feel so 'established' which is so not his fault entirely because the city just plain fell in LOVE with him and so did I
But he's a bottom pair D essentially

Struble hasn't taken over the spot either by any means but his name is officially thrown into the 6 D hat now that's for sure

Reactions: Don D

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I don't know about anyone else but I find Lindstrom is a lot better than scouting report we were given when we acquired him.
He's innocuous. (doesn't f*** up a lot) which is great for a D-man.

I remember my 7th grade teacher always saying about Chris Tanev "I never notice him, which is probably a good thing for a defenseman. Not making many mistakes." (not comparing Lindstrom to Tanev obviously, just the idea)

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I’m surprised no one has mentioned Guhle yet.
Is it too soon to recognize him as our best defenceman ?
He keeps up this play and in 10 games it’s time to give him that label.
I had already annointed him a such last season.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I’m surprised no one has mentioned Guhle yet.
Is it too soon to recognize him as our best defenceman ?
He keeps up this play and in 10 games it’s time to give him that label.
Has been since his rookie season lol. I'll take his steadiness and composure over Matheson's flashiness that results in a -4 any day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad