Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat the Sharks in a shootout

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Caufield-Dach-Slaf

Barring trades, I think the top 6 next year will be the following

Newhook - Suzuki - Roy
Caufield - Dach - Slaf

With hopefully Ylonen and RHP beating out Gallagher for the 3rd line wing spots and competing with Anderson:

RHP - Monahan - Anderson
Gallagher - Evans - Ylonen

I don't think that's a bad forward corps at all. Monahan and Dach being healthy are the keys.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Primeau looking like an NHL goalie more and more. Good to see

Yeah, a lot of young players have been taking strides under this new management. It beats what we've been used to which were young players upon young players fizzling out.

Very happy as well that Slaf had another good game. There was a stretch where I was legitimately worried that he was stalling but it turned out to be the normal vissicitudes of young player development and the line he was on was not well conceived either. One thing I'll say though is he was one of the better players in preseason, but you wouldn't have known from reading some of the opinions here.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
There must be a way for Ylonen to use these mitts in game situation more often

Wow, I hope he breaks out

Damn same for me, always thought he looked wayyyy too shy out there, doesn't seem to like being hit either, but if he can use the intensity of that last shot into the rest of his game, watch out.

But shit, can't wait til he deserves to make mistakes and not be benched if he does, unlike others who can't do shit right now.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
I hate to be negative here and I’ve not read this thread…just came to vent….I think many of us have seen the incredible puck handling skill by one Jesse Ylonen. So why is he not shooting 3rd in the shootout? Why 7th? Chances are, you would never see him if he stayed at 7th. Is MSL that obtuse or is he purposely trying to tank? I know this sounds harsh but I’m pretty bummed to see how we almost lost this game because for some reason MSL thinks guys like Slaf and Monahan are better puck handlers with their weapon. THEY ARE NOT COACH!

Thanks for listening….let me have it if you feel I’m way out of line.

Reactions: rik schau

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Barring trades, I think the top 6 next year will be the following

Newhook - Suzuki - Roy
Caufield - Dach - Slaf

With hopefully Ylonen and RHP beating out Gallagher for the 3rd line wing spots and competing with Anderson:

RHP - Monahan - Anderson
Gallagher - Evans - Ylonen

I don't think that's a bad forward corps at all. Monahan and Dach being healthy are the keys.
Gallagher is better than Anderson.

There must be a way for Ylonen to use these mitts in game situation more often

Wow, I hope he breaks out
There is... getting on the ice, which MSL doesn't want.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I’m really starting to worry about Xhekajs ability to stay healthy. I’m really bummed he is on IR.
It's a bummer. Weve been talking for a while now about how extended shifts can lead to injury and was probably part of our man games lost issues these past couple of seasons. In this instance I think it was reported Xhekaj was at 2:48 when he got Barbashoved.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
They put him on IR?

Caufield and Slaf works
Slaf can handle some of the dirty work to spring Caufield at ES. As for Dvorak, lots of his career goal scoring is on tips and rebounds. I would love if Slaf could get more pucks on net.

Reactions: Tyson

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I hate to be negative here and I’ve not read this thread…just came to vent….I think many of us have seen the incredible puck handling skill by one Jesse Ylonen. So why is he not shooting 3rd in the shootout? Why 7th? Chances are, you would never see him if he stayed at 7th. Is MSL that obtuse or is he purposely trying to tank? I know this sounds harsh but I’m pretty bummed to see how we almost lost this game because for some reason MSL thinks guys like Slaf and Monahan are better puck handlers with their weapon. THEY ARE NOT COACH!

Thanks for listening….let me have it if you feel I’m way out of line.
It's a heirarchy thing and most teams suffer from it. With more success it will certainly change. Caufield has been terrible ever since he's tried to emulate Suzuki's slow entry Monahan has been bad. I'm actually surprised Ylonen got a chance before Newhook.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I’m really starting to worry about Xhekajs ability to stay healthy. I’m really bummed he is on IR.
But Xhekaj injury is good for the tank. If he isn't there to protect anyone we will get more injuries to our young players which is the best case scenario, right?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Monahan 58%
Dvorak 55%
Suzuki 53%
Evans 51%

That's great to see, mainly Suzuki over 50%

Habs are better in the defensive zone at draws than the o-zone.

Kovacevic has less hits than Caufield

Gotta imagine Dvorak is dealt at the deadline, or offseason. Possibly Evans and maybe both, especially if they re-sign/extend Monahan.

Sucks Dach is hurt to see if he's improving in the dot

Reactions: Redux91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad