Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat the Sharks in a shootout

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Habs win the Battle of the Basement! We are NOT the worst although it took shootout to beat the worst!

I am on board with the "why are they benching Ylonen?" train, c’est quoi ça estie?

2 Wins on this road trip! Better than predicted boys, see you all demain.
Hey the Leafs just lost to the Blackhawks in OT...

I want to tank. But we're winning and a better team than I would like.

Reactions: HabSgt

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Book ends Baby. Our run of Ugly Wins will end tomorrow.
Logically if we win odds are it won't be bty playing an ugly game. :popcorn:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Habs win the Battle of the Basement! We are NOT the worst although it took shootout to beat the worst!

I am on board with the "why are they benching Ylonen?" train, c’est quoi ça estie?

2 Wins on this road trip! Better than predicted boys, see you all demain.
Damn the RW Cup was in play in this one. I guess it's fitting neither of these teams won in regulation.

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77 and HabSgt

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
And Slaf earned all that. Next step: PP1 over Anderson.
We're all really hoping for that but very stubborn MSL won't do what needs to be done and is like..

nope-no.gif

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
A game I expected 2 points from just thought it would be in regulation and not a shootout.

Overall, it was not a well played game by majority of team. Slafkovsky & Caufield need a better center than Dvorak who is so, so average.

Monahan isn't doing much either. He's not nearly as impactful as he was last season, and is struggling against speed on the defensive side of the puck.

Game was largely boring.

Why MSL keeps benching Ylonen.... kid should be getting top 9 minutes. Anderson & Pearson are doing f***-all out there.

Suzuki in the shootout - WOW. Unbelievable.
Nice goal by Ylonen.
Slafkovsky tried to slam dunk his attempt in. Lol

I expected max 5 points on this trip. We will lose Saturday against LAK (4 pm start). That means 1 point against Columbus.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal

Nobody here can affect anything for the team (except that one guy who I think is Geoff Molson).

I just want to enjoy the games & have some laughs here. I am a simple man with simple needs.

I also want to enjoy the Leafs losing so that is good too.

xposbrad

Jul 11, 2009

The habs will never really tank. If your goal is to have a cup, probably forget that. If you want to have an OK team (maybe middle the pack or a bit better) than the Habs will be that. Who knows, maybe in 5-10-15 years we will have a lucky run again like we did a couple of years ago.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Once he realises that he is bigger and stronger than many of the guys he is playing against he will start to rack up the points. Definitely some encouraging things in the last few games, MSL is bringing him along slowly.
100%

You can SEE him slowly and surely realizing this in the middle of games lol its so funny

He's been playing better than the average NHLer lately
That's gotta be killing the Slaf Haters inside lmao

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The Habs had 3 dmen play over 25 minutes today according to the boxscore. Matheson, Guhle, and Barron.

Struble looked like he belonged again today. 13:03 TOI with 1 assist and a +2 and 2 SOG.

The boxscore hit totals can't be accurate right? SJ with 12 hits and the Habs only 8 hits all game?

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad