Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat the Rags in SO

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Heineman didn't play much, only noticed him when he got rocked, and when he raced down the ice with good speed to avoid an icing.
Ylonen was creating chances and had a good game.
Ylonen has shown some serious potential. His ceiling keeps going higher, IMO. Very good skater. Good IQ, responsible in all 3 zones and has some serious shifty, stickhandling skills. Decent passer and shooter too.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Heineman didn't play much, only noticed him when he got rocked, and when he raced down the ice with good speed to avoid an icing.
Ylonen was creating chances and had a good game.
Ylonen is consistently showing that he will be playing a growing role as this team moves forward. With his speed and skill, I don't understand why we aren't using him in overtime on the second rotation, at least until Newhook is back.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldCraig71

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Primeau is very unproven to me. We don't know if those bad spots he has won't go away.
He is but since he’d only be a back up at this stage, it’ll be worthwhile to see how much more he can raise his game given his age and given how he’s performed in certain games this season.

Monty looks durable and the type who can be used as a workhorse, which gives them plenty of time to figure out Primeau, especially that they are still rebuilding.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Ylonen is consistently showing that he will be playing a growing role as this team moves forward. With his seed and skill, I don't understand why we aren't using him in overtime on the second rotation, at least until Newhook is back.
I agree, with his speed and hands he should be seeing more OT.

Reactions: Runner77

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
With the 14th selection in the 2024 nhl entry draft, the Canadiens are proud to select, from the Finnish elite league…

Uh… mar…….

Happy to see guys like Ylonen, Anderson, Evans and Monahan instead of our 1st overall pick (and current 2nd best forward) in OT.
Can you say trade bait.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Great game by Monty, and Struble's becoming one of my favorite D's on the team, showing great maturity and consistency.
I thought Guhle had a rough game as he was clearly beaten twice on one on one rushes. It is not too far fetched to foresee Struble passing Ghule on the team's defensive depth chart as early as next season. This kid is getting better each game and will provide Hughes with a range of options going forward.

Reactions: Forum93

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It's funny how north American fans get their undergarments in a knot with the Ole chant.

It's just a harmless chant not much different than "go team go". But people somehow equate "ole" to some form of taunt (which it isnt) like the na na goodbye song, and even if it was, just loosen up guys.

Crowd festivities add to the in game experience, unless you're a North American hockey fan where he have a bunch of fun police members.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
It's funny how north American fans get their undergarments in a knot with the Ole chant.

It's just a harmless chant not much different than "go team go". But people treat it like it's some form of taunt like it's the na na goodbye song, and even if it was, just loosen up guys.

Crowd festivities add to the in game experience, unless you're a North American hockey fan where he have a bunch of fun police members.
You can't blame North American fans, they've been conditioned to awful manufactured noise blaring from the speakers lol.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Plus the generic "go team go".

Yeah, that's so much fun.
I attended an NBA game recently. I couldn't wait to GTFO. Not a second goes by without something blaring from the speakers, stupid fan interviews on the jumbotron, just constant manufactured noise even while the game in going on. Somehow having fans watch the games and react naturally to the play is becoming a foreign concept in North American sports.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think you need a nap.
I’ve always found it repulsive at sporting events when robotic PA prompts tell you when to cheer. It’s like heeding to an applause sign at the recording of a live TV show. It’s mindless sheep culture.

The compulsion by all pro sports venues to fill every available second of downtime with noise more often than not, has the opposite effect of whatever they’re trying to achieve, unless their goal is to raise the annoyance bar.

darn best game I hear, and I was at a wedding... darn I missed it
We missed you too, buddy.

Plus you lost out on that gem gif of Jenn’s feet (your favorite fetish), that @HabbyGuy posted in the GDT and which I reprised in this thread.

Reactions: dgeezus

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Great game by Monty, and Struble's becoming one of my favorite D's on the team, showing great maturity and consistency.
Struble's been a rock, gotta love how he plays within his means and offers stability and reliable decision-making, game in and game out.

Monty on the other hand, is a physical specimen. Looks unflappable while being highly resilient. I referred to him as a workhorse earlier but the horse moniker is more the lot of Josh Anderson.

Anderson at his best, is a Powerhorse and at his worst, a Powerdonkey. Monty is a cross between the two, a mule. He seems to lack refinement but more than makes up for it by a workmanlike ethic.

8bkqe9.jpg

Motormouth the Powermule?

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace

It's just a harmless chant not much different than "go team go". But people somehow equate "ole" to some form of taunt (which it isnt) like the na na goodbye song, and even if it was, just loosen up guys.

It is a relatively new chant for Montreal and here it is not "go team go" or a form of taunting. It is more of a celebration song that is performed once the win is in the bag. Chanting it half way through the game is pretty silly and, as history shows, usually backfires.

Reactions: Runner77

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
It is a relatively new chant for Montreal and here it is not "go team go" or a form of taunting. It is more of a celebration song that is performed once the win is in the bag. Chanting it half way through the game is pretty silly and, as history shows, usually backfires.
Is it a relatively new chant though? It's been around in Montreal for multiple decades going back to the 70-80s

Source: I've been to games

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Either way, frowning on the habs crowd for being what they are, the very thing that makes it the most special place to play hockey seems nuts to me. Why would anyone want it any other way? There's not a more electric hockey arena in the world. The rest of the league can kiss our hockey crazed passionate hab asses for all I care.

Ole ole ole ole, ole, ole, MFer's! :P Welcome to the Mecca.

Note we're actually losing in this game. It's NOT a victory chant, but I'll be damned if this passion ain't magical, beautiful and completely without rival. <3

Last edited:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I've never understood this. Aren't goalies part of the team.

It's like when Leafs fans say to us....well you wouldn't have got to the cup finals without Price. Uhhhhh okay.

One cup final since 1993 and it was the lockout and we got in the playoffs cause they were charitable?

Now imagine if we would have had elite players at other positions.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00