Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat the Rags in SO

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
What the hell happened I only had the audio and it sounded like we won the draw then I heard Matheson's name and the next thing I hear is Zib is making his way towards our net. I only saw the end result but not the draw.

Just stumbled upon the video.

Pretty much what I remembered. (When I replied, I was going by memory)

I was curious to see Matheson’s movement. If he received the pass and squared up to the net (head / hips / toes), then the lane to CC would have opened up. it’s generally what you should coach perimeter players on the PP.

Instead, everything indicated a pass to CC. Telegraphed.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Just stumbled upon the video.

Pretty much what I remembered. (When I replied, I was going by memory)

I was curious to see Matheson’s movement. If he received the pass and squared up to the net (head / hips / toes), then the lane to CC would have opened up. it’s generally what you should coach perimeter players on the PP.

Instead, everything indicated a pass to CC. Telegraphed.
Thank You Sir.
The problem is we had Monahan wide open on the right side Matheson either doesn't see it or can't execute it.
Just have to freeze the frame at the right instance to see just how pathetic the read was.
We don't have to go back very far to see what happened in the same type of situation when Barron had to step in.
Hierarchy or no I can't accept shit like that.
More ammunition to question his presence in these situations.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Always found it strange how shots off the iron don't count as shots on net.
Read this and scoured through the rest of thread to see if any one answered it. Difficult to say what is more disappointing, that no one replied or that it was asked in the first place. lol

For all those that are not aware:

If a player shoots the puck with the intention of scoring and if that shot would have gone in the net had the goaltender not stopped it, the shot is recorded as a "shot on goal".
So obviously a shot on the crossbar or posts do not count.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Read this and scoured through the rest of thread to see if any one answered it. Difficult to say what is more disappointing, that no one replied or that it was asked in the first place. lol

For all those that are not aware:

If a player shoots the puck with the intention of scoring and if that shot would have gone in the net had the goaltender not stopped it, the shot is recorded as a "shot on goal".
So obviously a shot on the crossbar or posts do not count.

No need to be disappointed Rik as it wasn't a question so it needn't reply. I know the rule, I just don't understand how when a puck is stopped by the goalie despite it going wide and nowhere near the net is recorded as a shot on goal, and yet a puck that goes off the actual structure itself doesn't.

I was just voicing a personal observation, not looking for answer persay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
No need to be disappointed Rik as it wasn't a question so it needn't reply. I know the rule, I just don't understand how when a puck is stopped by the goalie despite it going wide and nowhere near the net is recorded as a shot on goal, and yet a puck that goes off the actual structure itself doesn't.

Oh it's subjective for sure. Certain organizations were well know to grant more SOG than there should have been.
The funny thing is the goal includes the iron yet a shot on it isn't a SOG. No inflating those goaltender's save percentage. :laugh:

Reactions: HabbyGuy

rik schau

Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi

Being a fan of club de hockey Montreal, disappointment comes with the territory. lol

FYI- If a goalie deflects or catches a shot that would otherwise have missed the net, it is not counted as a shot on goal.

• Haha
Reactions: HabbyGuy

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Being a fan of club de hockey Montreal, disappointment comes with the territory. lol

FYI- If a goalie deflects or catches a shot that would otherwise have missed the net, it is not counted as a shot on goal.
This really varies from rink to rink. You get some places where they’ll count anything as a shot on goal and others where they won’t.

rik schau

Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
This really varies from rink to rink. You get some places where they’ll count anything as a shot on goal and others where they won’t.
I suspect so,no doubt but I was referring to the actual guide book which claims this.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00