Post-Game Talk: Habs defeat the Rags at MSG

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Fans can hope for the tank but that memo isn't being sent to the coaches and the team.
Good to see a good effort. Habs are winning with 4 rookie D against a supposed upper tier team that is well rested. No way I would cheer against them to lose.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Fans can hope for the tank but that memo isn't being sent to the coaches and the team.
Good to see a good effort. Habs are winning with 4 rookie D against a supposed upper tier team that is well rested. No way I would cheer against them to lose.

I told Molson to send the f***ing memo after Bedard's performance at the Worlds.

He told me:"I don't care people are gonna buy my beer no matter what".

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
We will be good in two years and maybe great in three. It depends on this coming draft which is critical, goaltending, and players health. With guys like Beck and Mesar waiting in the wings we should have some very interesting options in terms of trade bait to help fill the voids.
Roy with 3 more points today. Kidney is on fire currently with his new team. Mailloux is developing well. Hutson and Farrell in the NCAA.
Habs do need a legit goalie prospect. Maybe it's Dobes.
Alot of good pieces.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Unfortunately Habs always perform well against the Rangers. I cannot get totally mad about it. It's like playing against your brother. It's special and you want to beat him.
In french we have a dicton that says " il faut battre son frère tandis qu'il est chaud"

Sorry but there's no way to translate this brilliant sentence in english

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Team played pretty well. They worked hard.

Barron is looking pretty good these days. RHD are gold in this league, especially ones that could add transition/offense. Lehkonen deal might not be a loss after all.

Ylonen needs to stay up too.

Montembeault is a backup in this league. He's been pretty solid for awhile now. He has his off games but they're becoming fewer and fewer. Plus, most goalies have off - games.

It doesn't looks like Montreal will catch the bottom 5 teams now. Goal should be to stay where we are.

Vancouver scored with 17 seconds left and won in a shootout versus Carolina, so thankfully we didn't pass them.
Agreed there is some blatant tanking going on. Teams who have more talent than we do unashamedly crapping the bed.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Roy with 3 more points today. Kidney is on fire currently with his new team. Mailloux is developing well. Hutson and Farrell in the NCAA.
Habs do need a legit goalie prospect. Maybe it's Dobes.
Alot of good pieces.
Exactly no way do all of these players end up on roster unless they fill some roles we are lacking in. We need upgrades on Anderson and Armia without losing the skating and size. We need a real 4th line who can play long stretches in the other end of the rink, We all saw how a transition team had next to zero chance against a solid possesion team in the SCF.

Reactions: Tyson and Runner77

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I like seeing them play a good game here and there and even when we lose, our young guys are giving a solid effort and that is good to see.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
There is this obsession with 20, no clue as to why. I watched the last 4 games and he’s at least up to par with many vets. And Laval has f*** ALL in talent. Like f***-e awle. You guys want him to learn from the great Belzile? Who would centre him?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
There is this obsession with 20, no clue as to why. I watched the last 4 games and he’s at least up to par with many vets. And Laval has f*** ALL in talent. Like f***-e awle. You guys want him to learn from the great Belzile? Who would centre him?
I was hoping with Dach moving to C which is likely to continue for a while they'd give Slaf some shifts up top where we all hope he can end up.

Reactions: Guillermo

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
It’s not about learning from other players, it’s about playing at a level that’s more suitable for him so he could play top6 minutes and touch the puck more. He’s got to develop his playmaking abilities.

Our vets are garbage, it isn’t the right framework to compare the struggling 1OA with the vets who have one foot on the golf course and retirement.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
It’s not about learning from other players, it’s about playing at a level that’s more suitable for him so he could play top6 minutes and touch the puck more. He’s got to develop his playmaking abilities.

Our vets are garbage, it isn’t the right framework to compare the struggling 1OA with the vets who have one foot on the golf course and retirement.
Our vets are better than the shit we have in Laval.

Kid is fine. He looked better than hot shot Laf from the Rags, and he’s 18. So he took some penalties, who gives a shit. He will not learn anything in Laval. Not with the surrounding lineup. If we had more prospects down there, I would have said fine. Maybe. But not this bunch.

The only question I have is : any news on his injury from the coach?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad