Post-Game Talk: Habs def. Canucks - 5-4 (SO) (Virtanen, Boeser, Horvat, Motte)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Different stat collections vary on what would be considered a high danger chance or whatever. I know the one for goalie stats that NHL teams use Woodley brought up one time on the Vancast tends to differ a lot.

But this is about all we’ve got for free data available and I don’t find a big discrepancy between what I see there and what I see watching the game honestly.
The team's been weak, certainly.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Different stat collections vary on what would be considered a high danger chance or whatever. I know the one for goalie stats that NHL teams use Woodley brought up one time on the Vancast tends to differ a lot.

But this is about all we’ve got for free data available and I don’t find a big discrepancy between what I see there and what I see watching the game honestly.

And it's consistent with what Hirsch is reporting from his pov.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
OT: Time to drop Montreal - again..

tumblr_ow7hhokqao1wv9nfpo1_400.gif
Fingers, and paws, crossed.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Either the Canucks keep their OT play alive or the Canadiens get the OT monkey off their back.

I'm going with the Canucks. Montreal has to beat the ot slump as well as the no wins in 5 attempts inn the blues.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

I think goalie stat ones would naturally differ because you would want to measure the chances of a shot actually going in, whereas team stats are more about opportunities. For instance, having a bunch of point blank chances for a team is good, and looks bad for the opponents defense, but if everyone shoots wide on them, it doesn't mean the goalie was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad