Post-Game Talk: Habs def. Canucks - 5-4 (SO) (Virtanen, Boeser, Horvat, Motte)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: March 20, 2021, 4:00PM PST
WHERE: Bell Centre, Montreal, QC
TV: CBC
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

upload_2021-3-20_9-6-45.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed)

Boeser - Horvat - Hoglander
Vesey - Miller - Virtanen
Motte - Sutter - Hawyrluk
Roussel - Gaudette - MacEwen

Edler - Schmidt
Hughes - Hamonic
Myers - Benn

Holtby

Montreal Canadiens’ Lineup:

To Be Posted.

Relax, have fun, and Go Canucks Go!

Let’s stay on topic, and hopefully we have a good game to talk about.

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
Still trying to swallow giving up that late goal yesterday.. Holtby needs to come up big and earn that money today

let's go

Edit: He earned a lot of that money by winning a cup but you all know what I mean.. Let's go

Last edited:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
It’s a no-brainer decision to be honest
It’s a no brainer because you pay the guy starter money and you’d expect he can fill in once in a while.

He has not played a good game since January.

His last two starts he was the main reason we lost.

There’s so much pressure on him to win tonight. The only team’s we’ve made up more than like a game on are Toronto and Ottawa during our recent run. We keep tying these series of consequence.

It’s a must win in regulation game for the team.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Anyone else getting MIGHTY tired a these early afternoon games to APLEASE the eastern canadian hockey fans??? Will do my best to catch this game so people can get my LIVE in person analysis and commentary but NO guarantees ffs :shakehead

Anyways 5-3 Canucks with goals from Hamonic, Horvat, Hughes, Brock Boeser and Millsy

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Holtby! :laugh:
Definitely 6 fir the Habs. He’s not stopping all the breakaways and odd man rush high danger chances we give up like Double Bubble has been doing.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Demko is already getting rode hard, 8 consecutive starts this month. We can't do what Calgary is doing to Markstrom. Can't have the golden goose to get injured or tired....the season kind of hinges on it.

The trouble is, now we HAVE to score 5 goals tonight. 2 or 3 is not going to be enough. I mean, 5 is probably not enough either when Holtby's averaging 5 goals against them this year.....I'm ready to eat this L, a road split hurts when we're chasing them, but my outlook for the rest of the season is optimistic. Getting a week long break is huge, our April schedule is light compared to teams we're chasing, we have lots of games left vs beatable teams...let the goose rest

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Demko is already getting rode hard, 8 consecutive starts this month. We can't do what Calgary is doing to Markstrom. Can't have the golden goose to get injured or tired....the season kind of hinges on it.

The trouble is, now we HAVE to score 5 goals tonight. 2 or 3 is not going to be enough. I mean, 5 is probably not enough either when Holtby's averaging 5 goals against them this year.....I'm ready to eat this L, a road split hurts when we're chasing them, but my outlook for the rest of the season is optimistic. Getting a week long break is huge, our April schedule is light compared to teams we're chasing, we have lots of games left vs beatable teams...let the goose rest
Whenes the week off?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah - the Canucks fly back to Vancouver right after this and have a game against Winnipeg on Monday evening. Demko will hopefully be rested up for that one.
The other option is to play Demko in 3 games in 4 nights and 4 in 6 nights today as it's a huge game and play Holtby on Monday vs Winnipeg. Gives Demko 3 days from Sunday-Tuesday off before the next game on Wednesday.

But it's been a while since his AHL days where he played so many games in so few days. Probably don't want to push it.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Holtby starts tonight..In the big picture, probably the wisest choice..The team has won 3 out of a possible 4 already, and you dont want to run your star goaltender into the ground ....Hopefully the Canuck players have some jump in their game tonight..They haven't played a solid 60 minutes in all 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad