Post-Game Talk: Habs def. Canucks - 5-4 (SO) (Virtanen, Boeser, Horvat, Motte)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
They have 34 shots and 30+ scoring chances?

Correct. Keep in mind not all chances are equal so some may be give a score of 3. The link gives how these are calculated. But there was a stretch in the second where the Habs had the trailer with a wide open shot in the slot only to miss....several times. They were racking up scoring chance points in that stretch.

Natural Stat Trick - Glossary

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think some posters are really overrating the lopsidedness of this game. If Montreal has had 30 scoring chances the guy counting them is drunk.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It’s crazy that the Canucks might win this 4th game in a row while getting absolutely dismantled in 3 of them. Sure take the points but these aren’t performances that should be telling a n organization to switch gears and buy at the deadline.

It’s ridiculous. This team is playing like absolute shit but goaltending and blind luck are saving them.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Guys, I've missed most of the game. How's Holtby been?
D758C0C6-9128-4450-A719-5D02009D6A2E.gif

Turtle lover
172D5E33-A7E1-4DAF-B73D-2867AA9FC33B.gif

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
If you scroll further right, you may agree more with the “high danger scoring chances” stat more.
The definitions they use for what constitutes a particular kind of scoring chance are so vague (and they have to be) that I can't see this system being predictive over the course of one game. Over the course of a season, sure.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I mean, if this game goes past regulation it’s going to be a canucks win.

But the loser point is big.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
The definitions they use for what constitutes a particular kind of scoring chance are so vague (and they have to be) that I can't see this system being predictive over the course of one game. Over the course of a season, sure.
Different stat collections vary on what would be considered a high danger chance or whatever. I know the one for goalie stats that NHL teams use Woodley brought up one time on the Vancast tends to differ a lot.

But this is about all we’ve got for free data available and I don’t find a big discrepancy between what I see there and what I see watching the game honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad