Recalled/Assigned: Habs Cuts (28th: Dumont clears waivers)

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Not underestimating his work ethic at all...I agree that he's a hard worker, and that will keep him in the lineup...but he may never be a top 6 forward, as the size/speed dimension are so important for that role despite his determination and character.

Just don't be expecting too much from him this season - I have a feeling it may be a tough one for him as expectations are so high.
I think that he can keep a pace of .5 ppg.
He did better last season.

I do expect Galchenyuk and Eller to improve their ppg but not Gallagher.

Then, who knows, he already surprised us.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
Wasn't it Eller or Gally that pulled Briere's stick at faceoff?

A line of

Briere Eller Gally would be fun :)

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Wasn't it Eller or Gally that pulled Briere's stick at faceoff?

A line of

Briere Eller Gally would be fun :)

That was Eller.

fcs0er.gif

A Plekanec, Eller, Briere line would be a lot of bad blooded history on one line!

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
This could be the lineup against Toronto according to today's practice.

Trios d’attaquants :

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Brière
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Moen-Prust-Parros
Extra : White, Bournival

Duos de défenseurs :

Markov-Diaz
Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Bouillon
Extra : Murray

It look's funny, is it a challenge or something?

In french:

D’ailleurs, Andrei Markov a impressionné les curieux en décochant un puissant lancer frappé en provenance de l’autre bout de la patinoire. Or, la rondelle a heurté la barre transversale et cela lui a valu d’être submergé par ses coéquipiers.

Puis, ayant visiblement perdu un pari amical, les instructeurs, Therrien en tête, ont dû effectuer quelques coups de patin. Le pilote de la Sainte-Flanelle semblait exténué au terme de l’exercice qui s’est déroulé sous le regard amusé de tous.

:laugh::handclap:

Last edited:

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
This good be the lineup against Toronto according to today's practice.

Trios d’attaquants :

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Prust-Parros

Duos de défenseurs :

Markov-Diaz
Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Bouillon

In french:

D’ailleurs, Andrei Markov a impressionné les curieux en décochant un puissant lancer frappé en provenance de l’autre bout de la patinoire. Or, la rondelle a heurté la barre transversale et cela lui a valu d’être submergé par ses coéquipiers.

Puis, ayant visiblement perdu un pari amical, les instructeurs, Therrien en tête, ont dû effectuer quelques coups de patin. Le pilote de la Sainte-Flanelle semblait exténué au terme de l’exercice qui s’est déroulé sous le regard amusé de tous.

This is the forward i want for the game.

We need Tinordi + Murray on defence.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Trios d’attaquants :

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Prust-Parros

Duos de défenseurs :

Markov-Diaz
Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Bouillon

In french:

I'd pair Tinordi with Markov. Markov-Diaz/Bouillon is just a recipe for disaster.

I'd also have White in over Moen at this point. Parros does need to be dressed for this game so I understand why Bournival will sit.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I'd pair Tinordi with Markov. Markov-Diaz/Bouillon is just a recipe for disaster.

I'd also have White in over Moen at this point. Parros does need to be dressed for this game so I understand why Bournival will sit.

The top 4 is always going to be an issue. Even when emelin is back, i don't think its a great top 4. Markov cannot carry his partner like he used to, and I don't think tinordi is ready for an elevated role. Diaz is our best option at this point even though I have not been thrilled with his game for quite some time.

The right wing situation also annoys me. There is too much of the same asset in gionta briere, and Gallagher. We are always bound to have at least one very small line that must rely on transition to do most of there damage, albeit Gallagher seems to do very well for himself along the boards.

I also suspect Moen will have a short leash this year with the added competition in the bottom 6. If he doesn't cut it, its easy to put in bournival. I don't know if mt trusts white but he can't do any worse than Moen either

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
How could 29 GMs pass on Gabriel Gretzky?

So easy to say after the fact....wish we would have heard you before. Hey, what if I would have told you that Marc-André Cliche would be taken? I guess his name was Marc-André Gretzky after all...

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
So easy to say after the fact....wish we would have heard you before. Hey, what if I would have told you that Marc-André Cliche would be taken?

Give it up...

We have not had a bad waiver incident since Francois Beauchemin and that was caused by the lack of training camp due to 2004 lockout.

and even so MA Cliche... Wow such a difference maker. Who cares?

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Give it up...

We have not had a bad waiver incident since Francois Beauchemin and that was caused by the lack of training camp due to 2004 lockout.

and even so MA Cliche... Wow such a difference maker. Who cares?

Responding to the post who mocks people who thought Dumont could not clear. I couldn,t care less about Cliche, yet, he was claimed. So was MacIntyre. So if MacIntyre and Cliche were taken...why wouldn't Dumont be taken? Point is, I can't stand people whose only opinion is the opinion of others....

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
Responding to the post who mocks people who thought Dumont could not clear. I couldn,t care less about Cliche, yet, he was claimed. So was MacIntyre. So if MacIntyre and Cliche were taken...why wouldn't Dumont be taken? Point is, I can't stand people whose only opinion is the opinion of others....

My opinion is that there is no reason to even talk of Dumont on waivers. It was inconsequential to us making teh playoffs or even winning the Cup 2 3 4 years later.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
My opinion is that there is no reason to even talk of Dumont on waivers. It was inconsequential to us making teh playoffs or even winning the Cup 2 3 4 years later.

This is the Habs board...where we have a thread about Ryan White cutting his hair. Where we actually talk about all the prospects we have even if half of them won't ever make it. Season hasn't started yet. So I guess some of us likes to talk about subjects like that. Not forcing anybody who don't want to actually join in....And it's actually not like we've opened 3 threads about it either....

PunkinDrublic*

Trios d’attaquants :

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Prust-Parros

Duos de défenseurs :

Markov-Diaz
Gorges-Subban
Tinordi-Bouillon

In french:

Diaz is the habs number 2 defenseman. Where do we get these coaches from ?
Take him out and put in Murray.:help:

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
This is the Habs board...where we have a thread about Ryan White cutting his hair. Where we actually talk about all the prospects we have even if half of them won't ever make it. Season hasn't started yet. So I guess some of us likes to talk about subjects like that. Not forcing anybody who don't want to actually join in....And it's actually not like we've opened 3 threads about it either....

Too many emo...You would think that someone with 30K+ posts would get a handle on "the waiver wire".

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Too many emo...You would think that someone with 30K+ posts would get a handle on "the waiver wire".

Don't see how number of posts means perfection. By the way, Luke Adam is on waivers.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
was st-pierre sent down?

Yes, he already cleared waivers.

You talking about not talking about it is a lot more obnoxious than people who just want to discuss the potential fate of a Habs player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad