Recalled/Assigned: Habs Cuts (28th: Dumont clears waivers)

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
You talking about not talking about it is a lot more obnoxious than people who just want to discuss the potential fate of a Habs player.

Dumont = the next St Pierre

No fuss was made over St Pierre

I hope Dumont makes it but he is the last thing the team needs.

AlexCap

Aug 2, 2005
Just saw Jack Skille and Luke Adam were put on waivers. Not sure if Skille has ties to Dudley but seems like a bust but thought Adam was a decent prospect with Buffalo

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
This is the Habs board...where we have a thread about Ryan White cutting his hair. Where we actually talk about all the prospects we have even if half of them won't ever make it. Season hasn't started yet. So I guess some of us likes to talk about subjects like that. Not forcing anybody who don't want to actually join in....And it's actually not like we've opened 3 threads about it either....

I, too, am frustrated by the useless threads that sometimes clutter this board, but there's nothing we can do about it.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Just saw Jack Skille and Luke Adam were put on waivers. Not sure if Skille has ties to Dudley but seems like a bust but thought Adam was a decent prospect with Buffalo

Adam played with Tarnasky on the Americans last year, just in case anyone was stretching to find reasons why the Habs might go after him (for Hamilton :sarcasm: ). Would be an interesting log jam for the 4th line positions, lol, but I don't think Bergeron will touch guys like that (meaning halfway decent prospects that are maybe just a bit behind the development curve, but have the tools and aren't even close to approaching UFA age) inside the division - even if it's technically okay.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
We can all collectively exhale now that Dumont is safe for the time being. A solid player. A heady player. Not one you give up on early.

It's for the best, really. Bournival can be slotted in the 3rd line if need be, Gabby needs an open spot to bring some zip and energy. It'll happen sometime this season and I'm glad the Habs have such great depth.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
We can all collectively exhale now that Dumont is safe for the time being. A solid player. A heady player. Not one you give up on early.

It's for the best, really. Bournival can be slotted in the 3rd line if need be, Gabby needs an open spot to bring some zip and energy. It'll happen sometime this season and I'm glad the Habs have such great depth.

Gabby?

:laugh::laugh:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I'm guilty of expecting more from Dumont. Thought he might fit in with the 5th round steals by becoming a solid bottom 6er this season..

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'd have no problem, whatsoever, if Bergevin wanted to take a flier on Adam.

He's not THAT good, but he could be a decent bottom-6 guy. He sucks at faceoffs though.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Wondering if the Habs might make a play for Adam and whether they are in a position to get it done?

DogsFan*

To all you guys going and claiming players on waivers.. where exactly do they fit into our lineup? They have to play in the NHL if we claim them.. I can't see a guy getting cut that's gonna crack our lineup. Not only that, but what kind of message do you send to your guys when after TC you set your roster and 2 days later add a waiver pickup.. It's not going to happen. The only way it happens is if MTL waives Moen, which also is very unlikely.

Analyzer*

If Bergevin claims someone, then that means Bournival will be sent down. I highly doubt he claims anyone and if he's wanting to, then chances are a team higher in the selection will get him.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
If Bergevin claims someone, then that means Bournival will be sent down. I highly doubt he claims anyone and if he's wanting to, then chances are a team higher in the selection will get him.

Unless it's a "too good to pass up" option, I don't see them claiming anybody. Forwards are already overflowing with the top 9 set plus Prust Moen Parros White and Bournival, that's 14 with everybody healthy.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Unless it's a "too good to pass up" option, I don't see them claiming anybody. Forwards are already overflowing with the top 9 set plus Prust Moen Parros White and Bournival, that's 14 with everybody healthy.

Also, if it's 'too good to pass up' another team would likely claim them before we had the chance. We drafted 26/30 last year. I remember during the whole Ryan O'Reiley fiasco, He'd have had to clear waivers if colorado didn't match the offer sheet. Many said Columbus would claimed him at #1 on the list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad