Habs Could Be Playoff Bound

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Won't hear me complain if this happens. We'd get smashed though lol.

Smashed drunk you mean?

giphy.gif

Reactions: David Suzuki

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
publicity stunt / cookie for the fans. Habs don't deserve this. Would rather have a top 5 pick . it seems like a moot point anyway. no gatherings of over 50 till like May 15th...training camp for 10 days? then a newly structured, reduced playoffs? maybe. makes no sense to play into august if they want a regular season next year

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Wow.. please no, I don't wanna watch such a pathetic display, they don't deserve to be in, I don't want MB saying they reached their goal at the end of the year.

Reactions: Eggbeater

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
only thing scares me about this is, they say hey this was good ..(more teams making playoffs= more money )..and they work this type of format into a normal season ......more teams making playoffs or a chance to get in =less whining fans

scary times....

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Wow.. please no, I don't wanna watch such a pathetic display, they don't deserve to be in, I don't want MB saying they reached their goal at the end of the year.

if any team win the playoffs there name should included an astrix beside it ..."Mickeymouse" playoff 19-20

I seen glow pucks
I seen jerseys to make players faster..
I seen the proposal to make nets bigger to increase scoring....

Nothing will suprise me

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
If it were to happen I can just imagine dumb and dumber's press conference, they'd be going on about what a great season we had, made the playoffs.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
How would we still be in the lottery if we are in the playoffs?

I don't know if the new playoff format would automatically mean they're just doing a lottery for the bottom 7 teams.

I feel like, just as with the shootout, where you have an entertaining shootout, but the loser still gets a "tie game" point, perhaps they'll make it fun for fans of teams that otherwise wouldn't make the playoffs by allowing them in, yet still having them be in the lottery. I just don't know what they're thinking.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This is ridiculous, they should just let 31 teams into the playoffs. That takes the same amount of time and brings in more revenue.

I heard of a March madness setup. I don't know how they do it with odd number of teams but I assume that would involve everyone. I suspect if the time crunch gets really severe, they may opt for it.... 5 or 6 do or die matches to the Cup.

I think the season is finished though.

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
May Headline: Bergevin Led Habs Make 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

July Headline: Habs win 25th Stanley Cup, Bergevin becomes first ever GM to win the Conn Smythe.

HF Explodes.

the leader of the country south of us says we could all be hunkered down until July- Aug....so bye to Nhl ...

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Anything happened :D

rumor is , all Nhl teams will make playoffs and can only send 1 PLAYER to compete ....

Each player will have 5 shots and stand on a platform into open net....only 1 man left standing

Cup goes to that team...

Reactions: Frenchy

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
rumor is , all Nhl teams will make playoffs and can only send 1 PLAYER to compete ....

Each player will have 5 shots and stand on a platform into open net....only 1 man left standing

Cup goes to that team...

Can the Habs bring up Caufield for this?

Reactions: Habaneros

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
The season will be canceled and also say goodbye to that top draft pick since I think it will be a weighted lottery.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Any lottery system would have to be heavily weighted towards current standings/win percentage.

I don’t think there’s a perfect solution but we also need to keep in mind that the good teams also lost a lot this season. Some traded away prospects/draft picks to try and win this season. I think they also deserve some sort of compensation.

Now the team that traded away their 1st round pick is screwed no matter what. Maybe does picks can be defer for 2021 instead?

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
The season will be canceled and also say goodbye to that top draft pick since I think it will be a weighted lottery.
I don't think so because teams have played +- 70 games . It's enough to get a realistic portraiture of the Draft ranking

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I don't think so because teams have played +- 70 games . It's enough to get a realistic portraiture of the Draft ranking

i think we should give players like OV and Matthews 50 goals too...estimate stats......:) why not ? we all know there on pace to score 50 and likely would have ...............yeah im jokin '

Our friends to the south just said expect until July /Aug to be "hunkered down"......as i said earlier today, the real question is will the Nhl 20-21 season get messed up ......chances gotta be atleast 50/50

Let's say in Aug 2020 they say ok everyone live more cautiously, but your allowed to roam free.and everything starts going back towards "normal" life...THEN 1 player in the Nba or Nhl get the virus in Sept/ Oct 2020.......it's over again ....

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad