Rumor: Habs Considering Pomminville (PTO or Deal?)

Would you sign Pominville?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Please elaborate since I have no idea what point you are trying to make

The point was made that good teams don’t build this way. They do. They suck and don’t sign anyone and accumulate high draft assets, no?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Is this the potential big move that some of you have been waiting for? Hopefully, this is just a stupid rumor, we seriously do not need another player like this, geez, just play the kids and see what happens, who cares anyway? It's not like this team has any realistic shot at winning anything. Do what you say you are doing and stick with it, stop flip-flopping for Christ sake.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
After Hemsky, Semin, Briere and others... you would believe that we moved on from such players... but nahh, we need more deppppptttthhh

tenor.gif

Reactions: ArtPeur

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Have to say though, I always hoped he'd score when I listened/watched a Sabres game just for the "population of Pominville" references. That was gold.

Reactions: Lshap

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
Lets sign pominville to a contract, he is just what we need...what a joke if this is true

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
The scary part is, this is so MB.......which is why we are all in a panic. This is the GM who says one thing, and does the opposite.

For sure, no rhyme or reason to anything he does. If he signs pominville to gain a right shot, why again was Shaw traded?[/QUOTE]

Help

Can I help you?
Apr 8, 2011
HELP HELP HELP
Not opposed to signing him up as a cheap stop gap measure with Shaw gone. If one of the younger guys wants his job, they can take it. If not, I'm okay with playing him 11-12 minutes a game at 5v5 for one year. One of the few positive contributors the Sabers had up front last season, managing to break even with or without Eichel/Skinner

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
MAYBE on a PTO and even then I'd rather see someone younger have a fighting chance at the camp if I'm being honest. We're not one last rodeo vet away from being a contender.

Reactions: Milhouse40

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Even after sending guys down to the minors, I think it's more like 6. Until we can do that we're at 4.

Meh, I wouldn't challenge the "8 millions" in cap notion even if it's not technically correct.

What we have is 4 millions in cap, 4.625 millions on Alzner and 1.366 millions on Mason... So that's almost 10 millions NOT helping the team in any way, shape, or forms. And that's before being roster compliant.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Meh, I wouldn't challenge the "8 millions" in cap notion even if it's not technically correct.

What we have is 4 millions in cap, 4.625 millions on Alzner and 1.366 millions on Mason... So that's almost 10 millions NOT helping the team in any way, shape, or forms. And that's before being roster compliant.

Well unfortunately bad contracts still count against the cap.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Screw Pomenville.

They not sign him. He's a bum.

Hen Habs were interested, he used them as leverage to get a deal he wanted done.

Now that he's washed up and no one wants him he all of a sudden hopes Habs show interest and send him an offer?

Yeah... Keep looking Pommy.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Id wait after camp for these kind of signings. These vets train on their side and it's not like they need camp like the younger players, they've been to several already.

If neither Suzuki nor Poehling make the team then maybe you do it but let's not crowd it too much.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
MAYBE on a PTO and even then I'd rather see someone younger have a fighting chance at the camp if I'm being honest. We're not one last rodeo vet away from being a contender.

A PTO doesn’t stop a young player from making the team.

At this point I don’t see him coming but if he does the young guys need to show their worth with a little competition.

Truthfully, I’d love to see both Poehling and Suzuki in the AHL. Let them dominate there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad