Rumor: Habs Considering Pomminville (PTO or Deal?)

Would you sign Pominville?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Why not on a PTO. I mean, the more options, the better. If Prospects (Suzuki primarly) show they are not ready, Pominville on the right side might be a decent option.

Reactions: dralaf and Vachon23

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Nothing against that if it’s a PTO

Although I agree, still seems like a waste of time. If we have a spot for a vet, why dodn't we sign MoJo or Dzingle? They were available at bargain prices and we have plenty of cap space anyways...

Reactions: Habs Icing

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Although I agree, still seems like a waste of time. If we have a spot for a vet, why dodn't we sign MoJo or Dzingle? They were available at bargain prices and we have plenty of cap space anyways...

Because they are not on PTO and they wanted more then 1 year

MolleSon

May 21, 2018
I guess it all depends how the kids will do at training camp. Thats why a PTO is the only thing I would consider at this point

Reactions: dralaf

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Because they are not on PTO and they wanted more then 1 year

We could have traded them for picks after 1 year if we didn't want them for a 2nd year. Just like Radulov, it's better to have their rights for 2 years than 1...

Who cares if they're not on a pto. We have 8 million of unused cap space.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
We could have traded them for picks after 1 year if we didn't want them for a 2nd year. Just like Radulov, it's better to have their rights for 2 years than 1...

Booof at that point, not sure these 2 are the solution so I prefer a guy that we can just sign if the others player are not ready

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Maybe we tried signing them. Who knows.

They are also both left hand shot, which we have a ton of, while Pominville is a RH shot.

Also, Pominville is a QC born vet and we like those.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Better Pominville than Shaw...
He's younger #NOT
He's faster #NOT
He's more productive #NOT

But he's cheaper.....that's right in Bergevin's alley.
Build with the kids.....by not playing them.
Pominville, if ever he comes to the Habs, will be as a PTO...and if he should ever earn his way onto the team, it'll be on a 1yr deal.

But that's alot of "if"...

The Habs kicking the tires on a potential PTO player has nothing to do with a plan.

If Pominville signs an actual contract and plays an actual role all while blocking the path of one of the younger players, then i'd agree with your post.

But that's not the case

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Eh, if you believe that Montreal needs to add a RWer, that's probably a smart play.

He's not quite as good as Shaw, but based on last season, he'd be a defensive upgrade.

And while it's really hard to predict what a 35+ player will do year to year, Shaw is pretty unlikely to repeat the performance he had last season.

Pominville likely wont be expensive or command any term.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
More bandaid fixes instead of a sound plan from this clueless management team. If this happens and he somehow ends up on the team I may end up canceling the NHL package for the year. This is becoming too much.
It's a PTO which every team does around this time. Ease up on the drama boss.

Reactions: dralaf

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Booof at that point, not sure these 2 are the solution so I prefer a guy that we can just sign if the others player are not ready

Yeah I prefer getting the picks.

Booof at whatever your logic is.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Maybe we tried signing them. Who knows.

They are also both left hand shot, which we have a ton of, while Pominville is a RH shot.

Also, Pominville is a QC born vet and we like those.

We have 8 million in cap space. We could have outbid others and made it happen...

About the RHS, just shows we should have gotten David Perron last summer when he was under valued by the market...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad