Rumor: Habs Considering Pomminville (PTO or Deal?)

Would you sign Pominville?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He's gotta think of the grandkids now.

He can always take a management job with the Habs in that case. Really don’t see the point of adding a guy like this. I get the PTO part but it’s probably going to mean a young player not getting a chance, since the veteran gars de chez nous would most likely have the edge on a job. We will never learn.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He can always take a management job with the Habs in that case. Really don’t see the point of adding a guy like this. I get the PTO part but it’s probably going to mean a young player not getting a chance, since the veteran gars de chez nous would most likely have the edge on a job. We will never learn.

Personally, I'm indifferent. I'd be fine if they bring him in and fine if they don't.

I don't think he'd be blocking a young guy because I'd be more than okay if guys like Poehling and Suzuki start in Laval.

He won't affect Domi, Tatar, Gallagher, Drouin, Kotkaniemi or Danault. Players who may be affected would be players like Cousins, Thompson, Hudon (if not moved).

Reactions: John B

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Even a PTO, we already that if Pomminville put 2-3 points in preseason there will be guys like JiC, Lavoie, Therrien who will do backflips to put some pressure on the organization to keep le p'tit gars de chez nous and they will trash better players in order to have it their way.

Reactions: Pickles

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Personally, I'm indifferent. I'd be fine if they bring him in and fine if they don't.

I don't think he'd be blocking a young guy because I'd be more than okay if guys like Poehling and Suzuki start in Laval.

He won't affect Domi, Tatar, Gallagher, Drouin, Kotkaniemi or Danault. Players who may be affected would be players like Cousins, Thompson, Hudon (if not moved).

You’d see Pominville as a 4th liner with a coach like Julien who loves his veteran players?

Even a PTO, we already that if Pomminville put 2-3 points in preseason there will be guys like JiC, Lavoie, Therrien who will do backflips to put some pressure on the organization to keep le p'tit gars de chez nous and they will trash better players in order to have it their way.

Guaranteed that would happen. Some local demagogues posing as media hacks believe nationality and language spoken are hockey skills. Add Mario Languesale, Philippe Cantin and Reggie Tremblay to the list.

Reactions: Edgy and Milhouse40

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I wouldn't hate him on a PTO to be honest. Pure stopgap, and that's provided he can still be useful on the PP.

He's, in fact, exactly the type of player pretty much all teams offers some PTO's to.

Reactions: Vachon23

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
You’d see Pominville as a 4th liner with a coach like Julien who loves his veteran players?

I do. This is the Julien who scratched Plekanec and Alzner last year in favor of younger players like Domi, Kotkaniemi, and Peca at center and Mete and Reilly on LD.

IF he earns himself a contract, I could see Pomminville on the Bottom-6 and possibly even a healthy scratch some nights. And when he's in the line-up, will get PP time. If he doesn't earn a contract, then okay.

Guaranteed that would happen. Some local demagogues posing as media hacks believe nationality and language spoken are hockey skills. Add Mario Languesale, Philippe Cantin and Reggie Tremblay to the list.

They can write and broadcast all they want. I don't think the organization cares how much they want to promote the local players. It didn't work for Hudon, Deslauriers, and Ouellet last year.

They don't care about how much they complain and always asking about not drafting french players and all of that.

MB won't sign Pomminville to a contract because Cantin writes an article pushing for it or because JiC will talk about it on TVA Sports non-stop every day.

Reactions: Vachon23

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Pominville’s « family reasons » in relation to Montreal only surface now that he’s past 35 years old and on his last legs. How unpredictable. :sarcasm:
Guys like him and Briere had a chance to come to Montreal while in their prime but decided against it. Hell with him now wanting to play for the Habs. You had your chance.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Smallest team in NHL history coming our way. What a time to be a fan.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Guys like him and Briere had a chance to come to Montreal while in their prime but decided against it. Hell with him now wanting to play for the Habs. You had your chance.

You’d like to think that’s how they’d handle it but not likely. It’s become its own meme.

Reactions: Tyson

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I do. This is the Julien who scratched Plekanec and Alzner last year in favor of younger players like Domi, Kotkaniemi

You couldn’t have had much of a worse start here. Plekanec was all kinds of awful and only got his ten games on a wink wink nod nod deal, while Alzner has shown why MB should never be allowed to sign any more UFAs. Those two guys could have been scratched and replaced by anyone with two feet and a heartbeat and the difference would be minimal. Don’t make Julien seem like a guy wanting young kids to play based on those two moves, anyone and their dog could see neither guy was any good.

Reactions: cphabs

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
gign4ZA.gif
Thanks runner lol

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
People will joke about your post but I won’t. I am not a fan of small players, I don’t want more than 2-3 on my team and obviously I don’t want a team full of McCarron types but I want some size, grit and skill to play a prominent role.

Thank God there’s still some of us left. Cue the “Crosby” isn’t big blah blah blah bullshit red herrings anytime.

Reactions: OldCraig71

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
How so? Especially for a guy like Pominville, why wouldn't you give him all the reps that a kid would have had to see if he's worth a contract? And based on your last statement, you don't think that having guys on PTO wouldn't confort a GM in thinking that finally he wishes to see both kids dominate the AHL rather than having to use them in the pros because there's nobody else.

Yes, PTO could stop a young player from making the team. That's just a fact. Remains to be seen then if the said fact is beneficial for the kid. It could be.

Well Ward didn't make team last year.

Either way, I want them in AHL. I think it would be huge for them and the AHL team. If they can't beat a guy who will be 37 in november then they probably could use AHL time anyway.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Well Ward didn't make team last year.

Either way, I want them in AHL. I think it would be huge for them and the AHL team. If they can't beat a guy who will be 37 in november then they probably could use AHL time anyway.
the "need to beat" argument is dumb, Habs prospects do not need to "beat" anyone, they need to show they belong in the league...

who gives a f*** of Thompson or Peca (or Weal or Weise or Hudon or Cousins) is slightly better at FO or along the boards, the experience the kids will gain is far more important than the extra 3% or 4% on faceoff Thompson may provide...

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
People will joke about your post but I won’t. I am not a fan of small players, I don’t want more than 2-3 on my team and obviously I don’t want a team full of McCarron types but I want some size, grit and skill to play a prominent role.

Get ready for the injury parade by December, out of the playoffs by January 15th. Bergy will blame the man games lost on hockey players , rather than the abuse small teams take month after month.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Get ready for the injury parade by December, out of the playoffs by January 15th. Bergy will blame the man games lost on hockey players , rather than the abuse small teams take month after month.
The roller coaster of rinse and repeat everything, just goes in circles...sad.

Reactions: Habs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad