Habs comeback and win 4-3 in SO V.S. Fleyrs

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Not to rag on you because I agree with a lot of your posts but. I'd rather PK fail for trying to do too much than see patches be completely invisible so far for not trying anything at all.

Ill stop with patches bashing now but its truly painful to watch him play the game when he's not skating or involved.

Pacioretty had a great first game, he was everywhere on the ice. He was really quiet in the last two games though.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Bulldogs win their 1st game of the year 6-4 in Rochester Hudon 1 goal and 1 assist,he will be Hamilton's best 2 way player this year.
Doubtful.

Dumont will likely be their best two-way player. Dumont is a damn good AHLer.

Hudon should do well though, as should Andrighetto.

Hopefully their terrible coach will put Condon in net more than Joey Mac.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Precisely why we SHOULDN'T move him to center. Right now he's playing with no strings attached and doesn't have to worry about if someone's going to be there to cover his ass (Pleks is there).
That's ridiculous. Why would we stress him about his defensive game so much? This is pure HF fabrication. Of course, you have a little more defensive responsibilities as a center but to suggest it would somehow be detrimental to his offensive game is pure crap. It's just an excuse people say because they know the likely candidate Galy would replace is DD.

He's going to grow his offensive game so much more as a LWer than he would as a C, in my non-professional opinion.

Nonsense. You have more room as a center to skate and create things. Not only that but you get the puck a lot more as well. It's pretty evident that Galy would benefit from this. Galy is a beast, and he's going to develop his game as a center or a winger. Assuming he stays healthy, I can see him pot in his 60pts, but playing as a center would develop his game tenfold.

Plek's line is looking pretty good now, so I kind of want to see just how well they can play together, but at the same time, Galy at center is a no brainer.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
That's ridiculous. Why would we stress him about his defensive game so much? This is pure HF fabrication. Of course, you have a little more defensive responsibilities as a center but to suggest it would somehow be detrimental to his offensive game is pure crap. It's just an excuse people say because they know the likely candidate Galy would replace is DD.
lol no... Therrien would replace Eller - quite clearly. And Plekanec would go back to defensive zone face-offs. And we'd have no LW to play with Galchenyuk. Fantastic.

I'll agree with what they're currently doing. Much better depth, much better (IMO) Galchenyuk, and overall... a much better team.

If Galchenyuk moved to center, you'd probably be looking at;

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bourque-Galchenyuk-Parenteau
Eller-Plekanec-Sekac

I'll stick with what we have now, thanks!

geometrically*

Tinordi played great. When Emelin comes back

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Beaulieu
Tinordi-Gilbert

or

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Gilbert
Tinordi-Beaulieu

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Beaulieu
Tinordi-Gilbert

or

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Gilbert
Tinordi-Beaulieu
How about we wait a few more games?

Emelin could be out awhile - we don't really know. And Weaver was fantastic down the stretch last year - we need to see if Tinordi can keep it up. Beaulieu too, because until late last game - he hasn't been good either.

Emelin would not be good with Gilbert, IMO.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
lol no... Therrien would replace Eller - quite clearly. And Plekanec would go back to defensive zone face-offs. And we'd have no LW to play with Galchenyuk. Fantastic.

I'll agree with what they're currently doing. Much better depth, much better (IMO) Galchenyuk, and overall... a much better team.

If Galchenyuk moved to center, you'd probably be looking at;

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Bourque-Galchenyuk-Parenteau
Eller-Plekanec-Sekac

I'll stick with what we have now, thanks!

No wonder you think we currently have a better team, you just created the worst possible set up if we were to move Galy to center. Eller does not play wing. It's been tried on more than one occasion and it's failed.
Also, it makes no sense to give Eller's minutes to Galy. It's not the role you would want to give him. DD is the one that has the go-to offensive role. If Galy is moved at center, it's not to become a 2 way center who can help out in defensive assignments. It's to let him lead the offense. It's to give him the most offensive and favorable minutes and wingers to produce.

It would be pretty freaking stupid not to pair him up with Max if we moved him to center. I mean, you'd keep DD on the 1st trio with our best winger, give Galy guys who have a reputation for inconsistency, and turn Plek into a 3rd line center?? This makes zero sense, and it's obvious that it's driven by your bias towards DD.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
I was at the game in the upper bowl, geared up and surrounded by Flyers fans. They were chirping me and other Habs fans all night, so obnoxious too. But I stayed quiet when we were down, the team was indeed playing like crap.

One group of guys in particular couldn't stop focusing on Subban all night. Any opportunity to talk **** on him, I mean every shift, it's like they were new to hockey and found out the "cool" thing to do is to bash Subban.

Then of course there were the Carey chants coming from behind me when we were down 3-0. Right after we won, and Carey stopped all 4 shootout attempts, with the biggest smile I turned around and stared down the 10 rows behind me mocking them back "Carey? Carey? I don't hear Carey anymore???" with my hand cupped to my ear. And no one talked **** back to me. Just blank stares.

A very satisfying feeling. :D

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
People tend to forget that 3-0 is the worst lead to have in hockey.

and can people calm down with subban..

Pretty sure a 1 goal lead is the worst lead in hockey. Don't have the numbers in front of me but wouldn't surprise me at all if the % of teams blowing 1 goal leads is significantly higher than the teams blowing 3 goal ones. ;)

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I'm pretty sure it's a proven fact that a five goal lead is the worst in hockey.

(why would a three goal lead be the worst? That's ridiculous)

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Beaulieu
Tinordi-Gilbert

or

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Gilbert
Tinordi-Beaulieu

I like this. Beaulieu looks ready now, he needs a bigger role. Gilbert had a couple bad turnovers early and was out of position on one goal, but he's played well in other games. Trying to do too much maybe. Tinordi was solid. Weaver was trapped on one goal just standing there in the offensive zone. Not sure if that was his fault or if it was a sudden turnover.

Scuba-Steve

Jun 8, 2006
Québec
I was at the game in the upper bowl, geared up and surrounded by Flyers fans. They were chirping me and other Habs fans all night, so obnoxious too. But I stayed quiet when we were down, the team was indeed playing like crap.

One group of guys in particular couldn't stop focusing on Subban all night. Any opportunity to talk **** on him, I mean every shift, it's like they were new to hockey and found out the "cool" thing to do is to bash Subban.

Then of course there were the Carey chants coming from behind me when we were down 3-0. Right after we won, and Carey stopped all 4 shootout attempts, with the biggest smile I turned around and stared down the 10 rows behind me mocking them back "Carey? Carey? I don't hear Carey anymore???" with my hand cupped to my ear. And no one talked **** back to me. Just blank stares.

A very satisfying feeling. :D

:laugh: That is perfect!! :yo:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Markov is looking so good.

He always does at the start. I don't understand why Therrien insists on giving him equal TOI to Subban. Markov will wear down by the end of the year at this rate. He's not a 26 and a half minute player anymore.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I'm I the only one who think that Weise look slow this year versus last year?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He always does at the start. I don't understand why Therrien insists on giving him equal TOI to Subban. Markov will wear down by the end of the year at this rate. He's not a 26 and a half minute player anymore.

MT can't help himself...
He'd make a terrible drug addict. :laugh:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
A little stressful watching the Habs down 3 - 0, but very nice to see their resilience coming back the last two games and winning their first three road games. Not an easy task trying to beat NHL teams in their buildings at any time, but in season opening games in particular. This team has some striking resemblances to past Hab teams that went to SC appearances, having four lines that can threaten offensively while still playing sound defensive hockey. It's all good news for the Habs & their fans, even the Bulldogs pulled off a big comeback beating Buffalo's farm team Rochester 6 - 4 last night, with 6 different players scoring. Impressive even for those of us that witnessed the 70's team and it's farm team Nova Scotia Voyageurs.:handclap:

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
28 and 24 looked great too. Loves seeing BEAULIEU get 18 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad