Habs clinch the PO! Byron blooming! Habs 6-2 vs Flo

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Vanek demoted to 4th line on the Panthers and people wanted to waste a draft pick on this marshmallow.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Throwback Thursday:

5KDZFa5.png

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Dude I'm not twisting anything MB had 'til June 30th last year to get the deal done.
He wouldn't be here had we not signed him :huh:
I'll eat my shorts if MB's legacy is determined by his signing Byron. ;)

Soooo, Good signing :D

Byron is all but one of many moves

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Still here :)
Firstly, I am glad we made the playoffs. Last year was such a terrible feeling not making the playoffs. However, I hate to be that guy again, but this team will probably face issues scoring in the playoffs. I will say this, Vanek is very slow, doesn't play with heart, and bad defensively. Regardless of how sheltered he is, he is producing this year. He won't put up superstar numbers, he has declined big time, but this season he managed to have pretty respectable offensive numbers on garbage teams. Sure Ott, King, and even Martinsen are better defensively. Offensively? Vanek could score more than all of them with one hand. His linemates may help him out, as we have a decent amount of good defensive forwards, but there is no doubt that there could still be potential of scoring with us. Even if he fails miserably, I really don't see the big deal. A 3rd round pick is worth nothing.

This. A lot of this. My biggest fear this year is the lack of scoring.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
apparently Vanek played in this game. Wasn't MB roasted for not getting this guy again?

Never wanna see this guy in a hab jersey ever again!! the way he competed in the playoffs with us was a pure joke, rather have Steve Ott or whoever!!

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
It would be "So Huge to have the Habs/Oilers Stanley Cup Finals, two great Arena's with a 1st Habs/Oilers for the SCC, living the Canadian/Canadiens Dream Series!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Never wanna see this guy in a hab jersey ever again!! the way he competed in the playoffs with us was a pure joke, rather have Steve Ott or whoever!!

Every Bergevin aquisition at the deadline outplayed Vanek tonight......seems the detractors have gone to bed early tonight...:laugh:

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
Love Beaulieu. Defends his teammates all the time, has top notch skills and he's our fastest defenseman. Still young. Don't get the hate he often gets by some of the fans.

Also Martinsen needs to stay in the line-up for the playoffs. Kid's a beast. Fast, energetic, hits like a truck, plays like a tank, decent with the puck. Perfect prototype 4th liner. Remember the Rangers game?

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
CJ is getting to like Martinsen

I hope he stays in saturday but I know Mitchell wont miss two games in a row

So...

Martinsen Mitchell King

I'd like to see Martinsen - McCarron - Mitchell. Either way though, we have lots of great combos for that 4th line. Top 9 looking really solid this evening.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Love Beaulieu. Defends his teammates all the time, has top notch skills and he's our fastest defenseman. Still young. Don't get the hate he often gets by some of the fans.

Also Martinsen needs to stay in the line-up for the playoffs. Kid's a beast. Fast, energetic, hits like a truck, plays like a tank, decent with the puck. Perfect prototype 4th liner. Remember the Rangers game?

Love to see Beaulieu play this way. He has so much speed, if he picks his spots right he could be a very dangerous asset. Hope he keeps that confidence up.

I like how Martinsen is always bringing the puck to the net. He's a big body who can skate and when he brings it to the net he's bringing guys with him. That will create a few garbage goals no doubt. That 4th line could score some key goals.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
It's great to hear all the fans that think the Habs are underdogs, I'm sure all the opponent's are hoping to avoid playing the Habs, except in the Conference Finals or Stanley Cup Finals, not that I think it will matter when they meet the Habs, that is their end game/series!!!...:nod::nod::nod:

Go Habs Go!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
It's a shame to see such a talented, young player like Jonathan Huberdeau on such a terrible franchise like the Florida Panthers.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Who cares?

Even in Florida they don't.
Florida attendance:
  • 14-15 - 11,271
  • 15-16 - 15,384
  • 16-17 - 14,574

With Barkov, Huberdeau, Marchesault, Ekblad, Trotcheck, Bjugstad, Yandle, Demers, Smith and Louongo after the expansion draft, they have a pretty good team.
They are also very young.

The Gudbranson trade was bad. At least McCann will not need to be protected in the expansion draft.

I could see Florida coming back next year among the best teams in the Atlantic Division. They had so many injuries.

Back to the game, with Louongo, Barkov and Ekblad, this is another game.
Rato Berra is their third goalie.:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad