Confirmed with Link: Habs claim Rem Pitlick off waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The obsession with Drouin and the dearth of criticism of Hoffman is ridiculous. It's like everyone really wants to pile on the second or third worse veteran winger instead of criticising the guys that are even worse (Armia being the other)
Before Drouin it was Danault and before him that was DD. Shaw, Domi, Subban, Weber, Petry and Chiarot had their part of bashing and it prove my point I made last year that Mtl Habs are a toxic place to play. I don't why but Armia have a free pass of bashing. Good for him.

Now the stats today makes Danault the better player over Suzuki with +46 in his carreer while Suzuki is -36. They both have 7 g, 12 assists but Phil played one game less. Phil have a +12 this year when Nick is -16. Maybe Phil is playing in a less toxic place and it helps him, who knows. Maybe Nick is overated here, who knows. But what I know is it's so easy to be toxic on a forum. Too easy.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I totally agree with that, mind you, but it seems this board really, but it seems both Armia and Hoffman are mostly immune from criticism here.

I would say that Drouin's been here longer and what we gave up to get him plays a factor.

It's like KK and Caufield will always get bashed harder than someone like Ryan Poehling, the hype and expectations will drive criticisms in one direction.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Before Drouin it was Danault and before him that was DD. Shaw, Domi, Subban, Weber, Petry and Chiarot had their part of bashing and it prove my point I made last year that Mtl Habs are a toxic place to play. I don't why but Armia have a free pass of bashing. Good for him.

Now the stats today makes Danault the better player over Suzuki with +46 in his carreer while Suzuki is -36. They both have 7 g, 12 assists but Phil played one game less. Phil have a +12 this year when Nick is -16. Maybe Phil is playing in a less toxic place and it helps him, who knows. Maybe Nick is overated here, who knows. But what I know is it's so easy to be toxic on a forum. Too easy.

Danault really should've been kept if the whole point was to develop Suzuki. Having Dvorak/KK as the second best option is having catastrophic effects on Nick.

I mean, we're tanking and Danault would've been bad for the tank, but we'd still really suck, and stunting Suzuki's developpment is an unreasonably high price to pay to pick 4th instead of 2nd (in this draft at least).

Reactions: Archijerej

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I would say that Drouin's been here longer and what we gave up to get him plays a factor.

It's like KK and Caufield will always get bashed harder than someone like Ryan Poehling, the hype and expectations will drive criticisms in one direction.

We gave up a guy who looks great due to the team he's on.

Besides... If one expected first line/best winger/2nd best forward/Kane-lite maybe? type of performance from Drouin at 5.5M, the problem was with the expectations. That person probably shouldn't have expectations in the first place.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We gave up a guy who looks great due to the team he's on.

It helps but he's a far more valuable player than Drouin. I'll take a PP weapon defenseman who plays physical and pushes the pace offensively, with the occasional defensive gaffe over what Drouin is, which is a player that doesn't fit anywhere.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It helps but he's a far more valuable player than Drouin. I'll take a PP weapon defenseman who plays physical and pushes the pace offensively, with the occasional defensive gaffe over what Drouin is, which is a player that doesn't fit anywhere.

See... I kindof agree with you here, but Sergachev probably isn't that player with us.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
See... I kindof agree with you here, but Sergachev probably isn't that player with us.

Hard to know but probably right, they really suck at developing anyone.

They never valued offense and didn't know how to develop it and for a team that cared about defense first, they couldn't even develop good defensive forwards/defenseman.

Just an abject failure. "it's on the player" cool.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Danault really should've been kept if the whole point was to develop Suzuki. Having Dvorak/KK as the second best option is having catastrophic effects on Nick.

I mean, we're tanking and Danault would've been bad for the tank, but we'd still really suck, and stunting Suzuki's developpment is an unreasonably high price to pay to pick 4th instead of 2nd (in this draft at least).
This is one thing when I mentioned about the culture of a team. I mentioned Bruins as a team with an identity. Something Habs lost for a while and we have a pathetic team to watch.

I understand the tank strategy but I think we are not in a good year to tank. Wright isn't the next Lemieux, Crosby, Matthews, McKinnon or McDavid. The top five this year is very close and there isn't probably no game changer, like Dahlin isn't a game changer, neither Lafrenière. Maybe the next game changer will be picked at 5th, 9th or 11th, like Point, Kucherov or Pastrnak.

But forget about the first pick overall, having a team that lose his identity is worse. Danault was a good player to keep, period. No attitude problem, no off-ice problem, good shut-down center and rarely injured. His body is not washed-up like Gallagher. (sorry Gally, I love ya but it is what it is)

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
This is one thing when I mentioned about the culture of a team. I mentioned Bruins as a team with an identity. Something Habs lost for a while and we have a pathetic team to watch.

I understand the tank strategy but I think we are not in a good year to tank. Wright isn't the next Lemieux, Crosby, Matthews, McKinnon or McDavid. The top five this year is very close and there isn't probably no game changer, like Dahlin isn't a game changer, neither Lafrenière. Maybe the next game changer will be picked at 5th, 9th or 11th, like Point, Kucherov or Pastrnak.

But forget about the first pick overall, having a team that lose his identity is worse. Danault was a good player to keep, period. No attitude problem, no off-ice problem, good shut-down center and rarely injured. His body is not washed-up like Gallagher. (sorry Gally, I love ya but it is what it is)

I totally agree with your post, but regarding the underlined...

Without Price, Weber and Edmundson, and with Petry playing like he does so far, we'd be awful regardless.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I totally agree with that, mind you, but it seems this board really, but it seems both Armia and Hoffman are mostly immune from criticism here.

Very different players. Armia is inconsistent but can play very well at times. Hoffman is a one dimensional player who needs easy minutes and lots of help from teammates to display that dimension.

Armia may or may not be essential but he can usually help the team. Hoffman needs the same minutes that Caufield, Toffoli, and Drouin needs, and there is only room for two of them on the top two lines, unless the habs use an exploitation third line that can't play defense.

Neither player plays to their potential. Both players have bad games. I don't see that either is immune to criticism but Armia has a tendency to fade into the background.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I totally agree with your post, but regarding the underlined...

Without Price, Weber and Edmundson, and with Petry playing like he does so far, we'd be awful regardless.
I will anwer something that will make people jump or fall off their chairs but Price, Weber, Edmundston and Petry can be replaced easyer than Danault. Or except Price. You named 3 players over the age of 34. Let's say Habs want a quick rebuilt, they don't fit here except for the leadership. In that matter I would keep Weber as a special trainer with the D team so we keep his leadership with the team. Having Danault means we don't have Dvorak. It means we don't suck in pk, it means Gallagher is having a better year and it means the left winger is having some decent numbers too. It also means Suzuki and Caufield have more air to breathe when Phil take care of Matthews and Bergeron. See what I mean? With some good D here, some good goalie to replace Price, this team could reset or rebuilt faster than without Danault.

The next draft is very uncertain. I think there is no Lemieux or Crosby there but a bunch of next Koivu from 1rst to 25 th overall. I think the best player might be a defensenman picked around 9th. I don't know, there is no signs that tells me "this is the player Habs should pick".

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Thought he looked like a NHLer. Needs to shoot more, he passed up on some open looks.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I will anwer something that will make people jump or fall off their chairs but Price, Weber, Edmundston and Petry can be replaced easyer than Danault. Or except Price. You named 3 players over the age of 34. Let's say Habs want a quick rebuilt, they don't fit here except for the leadership. In that matter I would keep Weber as a special trainer with the D team so we keep his leadership with the team. Having Danault means we don't have Dvorak. It means we don't suck in pk, it means Gallagher is having a better year and it means the left winger is having some decent numbers too. It also means Suzuki and Caufield have more air to breathe when Phil take care of Matthews and Bergeron. See what I mean? With some good D here, some good goalie to replace Price, this team could reset or rebuilt faster than without Danault.

The next draft is very uncertain. I think there is no Lemieux or Crosby there but a bunch of next Koivu from 1rst to 25 th overall. I think the best player might be a defensenman picked around 9th. I don't know, there is no signs that tells me "this is the player Habs should pick".

You're right on the "easy to replace" comment, but in the shorter term (for this season) we're still stuck with an absolute goddawful D how has to overplay the likes of David Savard.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Why exactly do the mods keep tolerating the bullying against French Canadian players? This board has always been polluted by a vocal minority of bigots, but I always feel sad to see that it's being normalized to the point where even the mods are letting it go.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Why exactly do the mods keep tolerating the bullying against French Canadian players? This board has always been polluted by a vocal minority of bigots, but I always feel sad to see that it's being normalized to the point where even the mods are letting it go.
Yeah, as French Canadian..I have to say that I completely disagree with you. People are too fragile these days, just my opinion though maybe someone will fact check my comment.

Reactions: zeeto

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
You're right on the "easy to replace" comment, but in the shorter term (for this season) we're still stuck with an absolute goddawful D how has to overplay the likes of David Savard.
It would have been better for Bergevin to keep Danault and not sign Savard just to have some quebecois in the team to satisfy Rejean Tremblay, lol.
Better to forget signing Armia, Paquette, Savard and Perreault and keep the money for a legit D. Hoffman I can live with him, he's the replacement of Tatar, as much skills and as much unidimentional. I would have get Hertl instead of Dvorak to replace Kotka. But hey, I'm not the gm, I'm not taking the decisions. :eek: ;)

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Yeah, as French Canadian..I have to say that I completely disagree with you. People are too fragile these days, just my opinion though maybe someone will fact check my comment.

That you accept your people being targetted with xenophobic comments because you're not "fragile" has nothing to do with what we should accept or not as a society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad