Confirmed with Link: Habs claim Kovacevic off waivers

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
Just from the eye test, he seems to be attempting more things with the puck, especially in transition. He has a good flair to sneak in an offensive position from the blue line, but isn't doing much with it. He had good scoring numbers in the AHL too. It's going to be interesting to see him play next season with a full year with our development staff and a training camp. May be they can tap into something more than a 3rd pair defensive D.
He is gaining confidence more and more, but I dont know if there is really another gear. Anyway, I think he is proving he can play in that league and be useful.

For what it is worth, in the Dom Luszczyszyn's model, Matheson is worth 6.8m, Savard is league min, Guhle league min, Edmundson league min, Harris 1.5 and Kovacevic 3.1.

1678900389622.png

Reactions: SupRocket

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
He is gaining confidence more and more, but I dont know if there is really another gear. Anyway, I think he is proving he can play in that league and be useful.

For what it is worth, in the Dom Luszczyszyn's model, Matheson is worth 6.8m, Savard is league min, Guhle league min, Edmundson league min, Harris 1.5 and Kovacevic 3.1.

View attachment 669514
So don't take Dom's model seriously got it

JT3

May 27, 2013
Just from the eye test, he seems to be attempting more things with the puck, especially in transition. He has a good flair to sneak in an offensive position from the blue line, but isn't doing much with it. He had good scoring numbers in the AHL too. It's going to be interesting to see him play next season with a full year with our development staff and a training camp. May be they can tap into something more than a 3rd pair defensive D.
I've noticed while he isn't very good offensively, he is actually very good at holding the line and reading when/when not to pinch. I've seen him keep the play alive a lot of times by holding the boards or making a nice read to pinch in and apply pressure.

While I don't think he'll ever be a top 4 dman, he's a really steady bottom pair guy on an absolute bargain deal. Keep him for a couple years while we fill out our RD and we might get some nice value out of him at the TDL before his contract expires.

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
So don't take Dom's model seriously got it
Indeed, it has his limitations. I would not take him versus Savard, Guhle, etc. You need take it with a grain of salt! Only another source of information gather together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad