Confirmed with Link: Habs claim Kovacevic off waivers

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
True. But I'mmonterested in getting 1sts and simultaneously tankong to get Berard/Moshkov/Fantelli.

But if Matheson is playing very well he gets you way more than a late 1st in a trade.
We can't have rational discussion about what is best while some are intentionally advocating for what is worst but all the while teaming up with others who want the same thing but because they think it is best.

The result is a Tower of Babel.

I thought it was agreed that the tank thread would be the 2023 Roster, Schedule & Standings Thread.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We can't have rational discussion about what is best while some are intentionally advocating for what is worst but all the while teaming up with others who want the same thing but because they think it is best.

The result is a Tower of Babel.

I thought it was agreed that the tank thread would be the 2023 Roster, Schedule & Standings Thread.

Ok I thought it was just in game day threads that you couldn't discuss what's best for the long term.

And this is the Kovacevic thread. Probably not the best thread to discuss the pros and cons of trading Matheson.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Good job by HUGO. What a pick up from the waivers. Im very impressed by his play. He secured a spot on the line up for next season.

Guhle-Savard
Matheson-Barron
Xhekaj-Kovacevic
Harris

I would prefer Mailloux to simmer one year in the AHL before making the team

DailyKaizen

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Good job by HUGO. What a pick up from the waivers. Im very impressed by his play. He secured a spot on the line up for next season.

Guhle-Savard
Matheson-Barron
Xhekaj-Kovacevic
Harris

He's got 2 more season at a pay below 1 mill.

He might be an option next deadline for a competing team looking for a cheap, but good bottom pairing d.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Guhle-Savard
Matheson-Barron
Xhekaj-Kovacevic
Harris

If Matheson or Savard get a high offer from a team at the TDL, could we see:

Guhle - Matheson/Savard
Xhekaj - Barron
Harris - Kovacevic
Wideman

I don't think Matheson's value has peaked. But given Savard's age and the season he's having, his value may be higher than it's ever going to be.

If Hutson and Mailloux keep developing well. Kovacevic and Harris could be use as trade bait.
True, but you as also need cheap, reliable bottom pair D. If Guhle, Mailloux, and Hutson all hit high ceilings, they will each cost a lot against the cap.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Not the best puck handler, but he's quietly a solid bottom pairing D man. Too bad he isn't the best puck handler because he has a pretty good knack at pinching in the offensive line to stop the opposing team breakouts.

Such a quiet player. I think he'll have a decent career as a #6-7 d-man.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Not the best puck handler, but he's quietly a solid bottom pairing D man. Too bad he isn't the best puck handler because he has a pretty good knack at pinching in the offensive line to stop the opposing team breakouts.

Such a quiet player. I think he'll have a decent career as a #6-7 d-man.
You can tell MSL likes and trusts him. He has been a decent pick up for sure.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019

Guhle-Savard
Matheson-Barron
Xhekaj-Kovacevic
Harris

like the pairing but they have a lovefest for harris so he will be playing higher and who knows with Xhekaj injury depending how bad it is how this plays out.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019

Guhle-Savard
Matheson-Barron
Xhekaj-Kovacevic
Harris

So who did you trade?

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
So who did you trade?
This season at the deadline Edmundson has to go. Add picks, retained if you have to maximize his value.

Matheson and Harris could be traded if you see a deal you cant say no to.

In a couple of seasons if Hutson keep developing well the LD would be

Guhle
Hutson
Xhekaj

On the right side since we have no depth I would keep Savard. Seems like a good vet, block shots , can set a good example for the younger players.

Reactions: Leon Lucius Black

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I'd take him for a 2nd before the deadline. We let him stew in our system and he is a nice dependable 3rd line D as a backup on a contending team. We can pick up another like him on next years waiver wire. But he really has done good by us. Anything less than a 2nd I'd probably balk at.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
He's pretty good for a guy who hadle the puck like a hot potatoe. It's pretty insane he's that effective.

Reactions: Andy

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal

Guhle-Savard
Matheson-Barron
Xhekaj-Kovacevic
Harris

Harris as the 7th D? Despite posting such good analytics?

Reactions: viceroy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad