Confirmed with Link: Habs Claim Kale Clague Off Waivers

MtlSars

Dec 9, 2016
Chiarot is a fine D, but with the last 2 playoffs and playing 22 tough minutes a night..... he'll warrant more than 3.5m a year.

We have Edmunson for 2 more years after this and Romanov on the left side. If you hope to insert one of Guhle Harris Struble Xhekaj or any of our other D prospects (I'm not throwing the towel on Norlinder but he has yet to display the expected/wanted impact) then you have to make room at some point.

The draft is in MTL this year we a new GM and most importantly Timmins isn't drafting so we actually have something to look forward to for once. You kinda have to, the guy has significantly increased his value since coming with us has given him more spotlight... we are just as likely to get outbid and lose him for nothing at the end of this season.....you think he wants to stay for a rebuild and a pillar of this defense for the coming years? You think he's having fun coming to the rink right now?

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Harris is not here, Norlinder can go back in Sweden and it doesn't change nothing for Romanov, it's more I prefer having Clague then Wideman/Niku/Schunneman
Wtf? Niku is like our best defenseman lol

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I like this move from the a seeking standpoint. Better to bring in bodies if you plan to trade Chariot, Petry and others. I feel I’d want to keep Edmundson around given what I hear about him. He seems like a good upbeat type of guy, still fairly young from a professional sports point of view.

Welcome aboard Clague, I hope your life jacket fits.

Reactions: BozoTheClown

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
The sad thing is if he didn’t always feel he HAD to be right, alienate people and argue with every single person that doesn’t agree with him, he may have had a better scouting career.

spends everyday talking trash and arguing and then when it’s time to subscribe to his site he’s begging everyone. Cmon man.

Last edited:

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
We also have an issue on the left side. I see Ghule taking Chiarot and Edmy to the old people home within a few years, but unless we really want to have an atrocious defense, trading away what is our third best defenseman in a questionable defense makes us even worse. (Petry, Romanov, Chiarot.....laundry equipment).

The fundamental difference is that I don't want to dismantle the team in the childish hopes that if we trade away all our quality assets somehow we will magically get a pile of future NHL players that we will carpet ride us into contenders. Absolute FACTS over decades of drafts tells us that it will be five years of MAYBE taking the next level. Or not.
The D is pretty atrocious even with Chariot to be honest. In a perfect world he'd be a number 3 or 4 defenseman but because of our lack of depth he's playing way more minutes than he should be.

The draft is always a crap shoot and before Timmins was fired I would have agreed with you. His first round picks rarely amounted to anything. With better scouting and development hopefully on the horizon hopefully that will improve.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
You misspelled Canadiens. :laugh:

2 mins @sampollock

upload_2021-12-5_8-5-46.jpeg

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
To be honest I like Kulak a lot. He is cheap, good enough to make us sligthly competitive, not enough to make the playoffs..which is perfect for a rebuild.

If we trade Chiarot, next year our D core could look like this..

Edmonston, Petry
Kulak, Romanov
Clague, Savard

Hoping Romanov continue to improve through the season.

While Ghule develops in the AHL!

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Dennis Bernstein this aft said that Clague is no better than a 7th-8th D who is offensively challenged, FWIW.
Kings fan here in peace
I don't agree with Bernstein here and I often disagree with him.
FTR- Most Kings fans were very upset he was waived.

Although I originally had issues with him being named after a vegetable, Kale has gotten better with each call up.
None of us on the Kings board know why management doesn't like him and why someone like Maata is playing over him

I think Kale will be a solid 4-5 offense first dman who is responsible. It has been said at each level Clague took some time to adjust to the new league. I think you guys got a good deal man here.
Best of luck Clague!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad