Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Caps Tomorrow

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
They also had a very lenghty meeting, doors closed after practice. Matheson was pissed, so was Tit-cull22.
You think they were pissed? Now, imagine the fan base watching the games?

With Caufield, Suzuki, Dach, Monahan and Matheson, there was enough talent on the PP for a better production than we saw.

Now, even with Caufield, Suzuki, Monahan and Matheson, with no Dach, there's a net front presence in Monahan, a sniper in Caufield, a playmaker in Suzuki and someone to walk the line with a strong shot in Matheson.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I'd have RHP be the netfront guy on the powerplay like vintage Gallagher.

Then I would have Caufield set up in that Ovechkin/Stamkos zone.

Suzuki opposite Caufield on the right side threading passes

Xhekaj set up for the Weber bomb

Matheson at LD to set up the Caufield or Xhekaj shot, or Monahan if Suzuki shows he can't win a faceoff

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Allen is going to rob Ovi from his PP spot and slam the door on breakaways and odd man rushes. He’ll then proceed to allow a muffin from center ice and/or a goal from behind the goal line anytime the Habs press, killing whatever momentum they had.
That’s ma boy Allen.

• Haha
Reactions: sandviper

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I have such a bad feeling for tonight.

Capitals PP% is at 0 after 3 games, they are dead last in the league. They are so scoring on the PP against the Habs.

Capitals can't score actually (4 goals in 3 games), but have better scoring chance % than the Habs overall.

They are so scoring a boatload tonight...

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
You think they were pissed? Now, imagine the fan base watching the games?

With Caufield, Suzuki, Dach, Monahan and Matheson, there was enough talent on the PP for a better production than we saw.

Now, even with Caufield, Suzuki, Monahan and Matheson, with no Dach, there's a net front presence in Monahan, a sniper in Caufield, a playmaker in Suzuki and someone to walk the line with a strong shot in Matheson.
Seems like the happy go lucky gang mentality is getting on some folks’ nerves.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Minnesota got embarrassed by Toronto and came to Montreal pissed off.

Washington got embarrassed by Ottawa and I am sure are coming to Montreal pissed off.

Should be interesting

I have such a bad feeling for tonight.

Capitals PP% is at 0 after 3 games, they are dead last in the league. They are so scoring on the PP against the Habs.

Capitals can't score actually (4 goals in 3 games), but have better scoring chance % than the Habs overall.

They are so scoring a boatload tonight...
Well you know Allen will let in at least 2 weak ones. That's a given.

Reactions: jrom

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'd have RHP be the netfront guy on the powerplay like vintage Gallagher.

Then I would have Caufield set up in that Ovechkin/Stamkos zone.

Suzuki opposite Caufield on the right side threading passes

Xhekaj set up for the Weber bomb

Matheson at LD to set up the Caufield or Xhekaj shot, or Monahan if Suzuki shows he can't win a faceoff
Matheson hasn't impressed me on the PP. Too many plays either die on his stick or the next player to touch the puck because of poor/slow play selection including useless shots with no traffic. Just my take.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We are actually decent at 5 on 5 , we smacked toronto around at 5 on 5 in the opener . Special teams is another story .

Unfortunately (or fortunately for me and fellow tankers) the regular season is a glorified powerplay festival , 5 on 5 play is still the most important factor in the stanley cup playoffs but you can't even get in the playoffs without decent regular season special teams in this day and age
Some of the penalties are just plain stupid but we can't ignore the fact that many of them are a direct result of poor 5v5 play. A tiny bit of salt should be ingested when looking at the premise that we are a good 5v5 team.

Just want to know if Pezz has come down from whatever this was.

qTnADFt.gif
Same medical connections Shitfly has? :sarcasm:
:laugh:

bonneaug

Aug 2, 2017
I saw Ovy and a couple Caps at Flyjin Thursday night. If the game goes anything like it, I can attest he’s gonna miss a couple nets, but he’ll still end up putting in two at the end of the night.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
So we are all in agreement we want Ovy to break out tonight

Ovi ovi ovi

IMG_20230911_110334.jpg

I saw Ovy and a couple Caps at Flyjin Thursday night. If the game goes anything like it, I can attest he’s gonna miss a couple nets, but he’ll still end up putting in two at the end of the night.

Exactly what the doctor ordered he's gonna have a good game.

• Love
Reactions: Nedved

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Very winnable game as Washington has been pretty bad so far.

Probably won't be able to watch this one.
Good game guys !
Hopefully Suzuki will wake up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad