Pre-Game Talk: Habs/Caps Tomorrow

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
WTF is going on? Why is this scrub Gallagher still in the lineup???

The preferential treatment is getting ridiculous.

This is how MSL convinces him he's done, so that by january, he doesn't pout after a 13th consecutive healthy scratch.

You had your chance buddy.
0211-spt-col-cowan-7970-2.png

Reactions: jrom and Runner77

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
These are apparently the line Martin McGuire said were at practices on the radio (read that on twitter):
22-91-17 = CC-Monahan-Anderson
49-14-11 = RHP-Suzuki-Gallagher
70-15-20 = Pearson-Newhook-Slaf
55-71-56 = Pezz-Evans-Ylonen

:help: MSL is going to tend the rope to Gallagher so much that we are going to be sick of both of them before January.
I'd switch Gallagher and Ylonen and let er rip.

I honestly don't know what to do with the lines now with Dach out and Dvorak not back yet. I don't really want Newhook at C, and Anderson fits awkwardly everywhere.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I would put the lines in a blender if Dvorak is back

Caufield-Newhook-Slafkovsky
Monahan-Suzuki-Anderson
Pearson-Dvorak-Ylonen
RHP-Evans-Gallagher

If Dvorak isn't back, Monahan takes his spot and RHP moves up to 2nd line
I'd like to reunite RHP with Anderson to try to get Anderson going. Anderson played his best hockey as a Hab in the last two thirds of last season, largely when he was playing with RHP. Not sure why they were separated.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'd switch Gallagher and Ylonen and let er rip.

I honestly don't know what to do with the lines now with Dach out and Dvorak not back yet. I don't really want Newhook at C, and Anderson fits awkwardly everywhere.

Anderson was good with Newhook in preseason and played his best hockey next to RHP last year. Yet somehow, MSL has him on a diferent than both of them.

Until Dvo is back:

Caufield - Suzuki - Pearson
RHP - Newhook - Anderson
Slaf - Monahan - Ylonen
Pez - Evans - Gallagher

Reactions: Trabdy2

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
With 3 games in 4 days hopefully Primeau gets a start. I’m guessing he’ll play Monday against Buffalo or Tuesday against NJ.
Yeah the kid played a game and a half in preseason, hasn't played in almost a month...he should really shine against either of these teams. Talk about setting up someone to fail. He needs a fresh start.

Reactions: jrom

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
I heard on the radio today that the Habs are really good 5-on-5. It's their special teams that are shitting the bed. And being the most undisciplined team in the league after 1 week (last I saw, they have like 20 more penalty minutes than the second most penalized team), it doesn't help them at all.

At even strength, Habs have 8 goals for and 3 goal against.
On special teams, Habs have 2 goals for and 7 goals against.

And then they have 2 goals against at 6-on-5 when the Leafs pulled their goalie.

Can’t get scored on when you’re always on the PK

1697836561659.jpeg

I'd like to reunite RHP with Anderson to try to get Anderson going. Anderson played his best hockey as a Hab in the last two thirds of last season, largely when he was playing with RHP. Not sure why they were separated.

Agreed, RHP strengths (IQ work ethic) complement Anderson and vice-versa (size skating)

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I heard on the radio today that the Habs are really good 5-on-5. It's their special teams that are shitting the bed. And being the most undisciplined team in the league after 1 week (last I saw, they have like 20 more penalty minutes than the second most penalized team), it doesn't help them at all.

At even strength, Habs have 8 goals for and 3 goal against.
On special teams, Habs have 2 goals for and 7 goals against.

And then they have 2 goals against at 6-on-5 when the Leafs pulled their goalie.
Habs average 8 more penalty minutes more a game than 2nd place.

Habs are 2nd for penalties take , 2 behind Carolina with 2 games in hand.

31 in 5 games, 6.

Habs average almost 10 a game, as they have 29 in 3 games.

Habs have the worst differential for penalties drawn to taken at -8.

Habs are tied for 2nd for minors taken.

Florida is tied with them at 24, but has played 1 more game. Carolina is 1st with 27 in 2 more games played.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Habs average 8 more penalty minutes more a game than 2nd place.

Habs are 2nd for penalties take , 2 behind Carolina with 2 games in hand.

31 in 5 games, 6.

Habs average almost 10 a game, as they have 29 in 3 games.

Habs have the worst differential for penalties drawn to taken at -8.

Habs are tied for 2nd for minors taken.

Florida is tied with them at 24, but has played 1 more game. Carolina is 1st with 27 in 2 more games played.
Habs are -8 thanks to the Chicago game (-5 in that game only).

But right now the biggest issue is that Refs have a very visible double standard when it comes to the Habs. The most obvious is that if they bleed after an high stick to the face, the opponent almost never get the extra +2 minutes written in the rule book since it was added.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Lemme guess, Ovi left wide open in the slot for 3 and we get destroyed all over the ice.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
I heard on the radio today that the Habs are really good 5-on-5. It's their special teams that are shitting the bed.
I think it's a bit misleading as when they take their penalties most of the time they are 5 on 5. What I mean is that they are often outplayed 5 on 5 forcing them to do something worthy of a penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad