Post-Game Talk: Habs can't tank for beans, earn loser point in Shootout vs. Bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I don't like Bergevin one bit. But he was an NHL defenseman, so he has some idea on how to find them: Petry, Sergachev, Mete, Juulsen. Reilly was a good find. Schlemko, Benn, I don't know about them. Don Waddell drafted some pretty good defenseman too, didn't mean he could manage a team.

And like I said if somebody finds Weber a d-partner next year, I like the d, from 1-6. Without Mete-Lernout as 8-9. Been a while since you could say that.
seriously...

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
wrong.

at least on those two.

You can nitpick the list if you want. Some would add a few names, take out a few names. The overall point still stands.

BTW I'm not a big fan of Luongo and Fleury either. For much the same reasons I'm not a fan of Price but the funny thing if you look at the past 10 years, Luongo has almost exactly the same stats as Price. Ten years is too much and Price was too young ? Since 2012-13, Price is at .922 and Luongo at .920. I don't really see the gigantic difference between the two. Both are fine regular season goalies whom I'd rather not have in net in the playoffs.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
You can nitpick the list if you want. Some would add a few names, take out a few names. The overall point still stands.

BTW I'm not a big fan of Luongo and Fleury either. For much the same reasons I'm not a fan of Price but the funny thing if you look at the past 10 years, Luongo has almost exactly the same stats as Price. Ten years is too much and Price was too young ? Since 2012-13, Price is at .922 and Luongo at .920. I don't really see the gigantic difference between the two. Both are fine regular season goalies whom I'd rather not have in net in the playoffs.

To be fair, neither Price nor Luongo have had good teams in front if them, and Luongo's canucks got ragdolled in the finals

Reactions: pepperMonkey

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Niemi almost wins again. He's played ridiculously well in Montreal. Philly should've traded for him instead of Mrazek.

No Chucky in the shoot-out???
:doh:What??

This team, man.
It's not just about scoring goals. He's not defensively responsible enough.

Edit: Apparently it wasn't obvious enough, so :sarcasm: lol

Last edited:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Wow, you’re not a big fan of either and don’t see much of a difference. Shocker. Luongo was a generational talent and a borderline HOFer. Fleury has played on great teams outside of his 18 and 20 year old seasons. The fact you think it’s a nudge to be in the same league as a Luongo is enough to discredit your points. He was one of the best of his generation. Price has never choked a series away like Luongo did via Chicago and Boston. Being in a league of Luongo is not some slap in the face. Wake up.

Reactions: beh3moth

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

you're trying too hard.

we all know all of this comes from a "Price hate".

Reactions: Pickles

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
It's not just about scoring goals. He's not defensively responsible enough.

It's pretty widely accepted that he's hugely improved defensively. Did you not notice a change in his game?

What would that have to do with a shoot out attempt anyway?

Reactions: Runner77

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Pissy move by Cooper putting Sergachev out there for his first shoot out attempt. Can't stand that smirking cocky little bi***. After seeing that I said screw it and wanted the Habs to win.
Then Julien puts out JD, and then I changed my mind and said screw it I hope the Habs lose. Although he scored I still don't like how pumpkinhead is messing around with Galchenyuk.
Then Kucherov scores as expected then I thought for sure pumpkinhead was going to send out Galchenyuk, but nooooo, can't do that can we.
Oh well, guess the coach agreed we didn't need the extra point, but I suspect if we did need the points he probably would have done the same damn thing.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Pissy move by Cooper putting Sergachev out there for his first shoot out attempt. Can't stand that smirking cocky little bi***. After seeing that I said screw it and wanted the Habs to win.
Then Julien puts out JD, and then I changed my mind and said screw it I hope the Habs lose. Although he scored I still don't like how pumpkinhead is messing around with Galchenyuk.
Then Kucherov scores as expected then I thought for sure pumpkinhead was going to send out Galchenyuk, but nooooo, can't do that can we.
Oh well, guess the coach agreed we didn't need the extra point, but I suspect if we did need the points he probably would have done the same damn thing.

I’d rub it in our faces too if I were him.

Reactions: Pickles

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Everything in life is interdependant and interlocked. There's no such thing as true independance.

There are other things to consider than just financial determinism. This is not just product. The fans do 'own' the team. Comparing this to potato chips is asinine. Why not try to compare this to other forms of entertainment. Don't you own blu-rays or cds or books?
Interdependence and interlock does not include ownership. The Habs are a product. And we are consumers. Some of us may make the mistake thinking we are more.

You speak of other forms of entertainment. You think you own whatever musical artist you follow. He produces a product. You can like it and buy it or you can not like it and ignore it. It may move you, touch you but you didn't create it. You simply consumed it. No owner (or artist) is going to tell you this. Their profits are dependent on us thinking it's ours.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
The Habs really need an at least a 5 game regulation losing streak right about now. Creeping up on teams just above them with all those useless points the past 2 or 3 weeks. Need to at least stay in the bottom 5 and hope for some lottery luck to at least stay there as a worst case.

We really need something positive to happen to end this very negative Habs season where everything went to ****.

Reactions: Runner77

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
You know, the Habs are tied with the most loser points this season. I hope we finish 1st! At least we will be able to say that we were first in something else than getting shutout.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron

Interesting that he would actually put Sergachev in. Tampa is just hanging onto first in the Atlantic over Boston, so points do mean something for Tampa.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
You know, the Habs are tied with the most loser points this season. I hope we finish 1st! At least we will be able to say that we were first in something else than getting shutout.

There’s nothing to gain from most loser points. They’re just stopping the tank more.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Ironic too because Montreal is one of the most corrupt cities in the world, where money is misappropriated all the time, without much scrutiny...
Hey, really? Haven't heard of masses of people disappearing, nor any public executions, or secret police etc. etc. Guess all this is going on hidden from public view in Montreal...

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
i would like to come first in being first place if you flip the standings completely upside down.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Turnovers in the shootouts can be real back-breakers.

Better be careful than sorry as they say.

Better be around when there are Lebowski threads celebrating his 20th, but apparently you couldn't be there for any of them. :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Trying to remain a fan of this team is a puzzling quest ...

"But then I read this post and I wanted the Habs to win. After that, I realized we're being run to the ground by an organization of putzes, so I changed my mind, and said screw it, I want us to lose.

Further to thinking it over for 3 minutes, I changed my mind again. I thought, what if we can still make the playoffs? So, I made the decision to say f*** it, let's win this. And then, I realized once again that we had a pumpkinhead for a coach, so I decided that it's better if we lose, so that we can get rid of him sooner.

And so, I was going to let this go ... but then I changed my mind again. I said to myself I can't possibly root for my favorite team to lose. So, I started hoping they'd prevail in the shootout. Niemi is like the Niemi of old and with Stéphane Waite, he'll be dominating.

But, this whole time, I thought pumpkinhead was at least going to let Galchenyuk shoot. He had scored a goal in the game after all. But no, this wasn't good enough for pumkinhead. I'm now rooting against pumpkinhead but for Galchenyuk. But since the disaster artist put pumpkinhead in place, now I'm hating two people. So, now, I'm livid and I want them to lose in the shootout. And wait -- I haven't even gotten to Molson and Sly yet.

Who really knows, though -- they might still play Galchenyuk at center. Right?

But then, thinking it over .... I have my work cut out." :sarcasm:

Reactions: Forum93
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad