Post-Game Talk: Habs can't tank for beans, earn loser point in Shootout vs. Bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Let's say you're a big fan of Lay's potato chips, does Lay's belong to you? Although you won't find it in a thesaurus but fan is a synonym for consumer.

And what the f*** do you think no consumers mean you genius?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Let's say you're a big fan of Lay's potato chips, does Lay's belong to you? Although you won't find it in a thesaurus but fan is a synonym for consumer.

Everything in life is interdependant and interlocked. There's no such thing as true independance.

There are other things to consider than just financial determinism. This is not just product. The fans do 'own' the team. Comparing this to potato chips is asinine. Why not try to compare this to other forms of entertainment. Don't you own blu-rays or cds or books?

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
As people say price is a superstar and franchise player, I was thinking more Brodeur and hasek. As that is the category he seems to be placed in by some here.

The guy you quoted placed Price amond Holtby, Schinder, Bobrovsky, Lundqvist, Rinne, Rask. Those are all superstars and franchise players too.

You don't need to be Hasek or Brodeur to be a supestar or a franchise player.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
I really hope Price asked to be moved, i dont care about the return, just get him out of town so we can move on with the rebuild. We are not winning with or without Price for another 5 years, so why keep him?
I was thinking the other night how Price’s spanking new insane contract most likely tied Marc Bergevin’s ability to trade Price by March 26 to say, the Flyers. Petr Mrazec isn’t going to help the Flyers hoist their first Cup since 1974, however a UFA Carey Price might have. Flyers’ GM Ron Hextall could have sent the Habs potential No. 1 centerman Sean Couturier in exchange for rental player Carey Price?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Galchenyuk is what? 15th shooters on this "stacked" team?!<

Here's some funny stats. Since MB was anointed GM here's the list of the best offensive tools of our team :

Top 6 points
1. Patch 334 points
2. Galchenyuk 244 points
3. Plekanec 242 points
4. Gallagher 226 points
5. Markov 203 points
6. Subban 202 points

Top 6 ppg (minimum 40 games)
1. Patch 0.79 ppg
2. Subban 0.74 ppg
3. Radulov 0.71 ppg
4. Galchenyuk 0.60 ppg
6. Markov 0.57 ppg

Top 6 SO goals
1. Desharnais 11 goals
2. Galchenyuk 8 goals
3. Byron 7 goals
4. Eller 5 goals :laugh:
5. Patch 5 goals
6. Radulov 4 goals

Top 6 goals in OT
1. Patch 8 goals
2. Galchenyuk 6 goals
3. Desharnais 4 goals
4. Markov 2 goals
5. Subban 2 goals
6. Byron 2 goals

Top 6 GWG
1. Patch 38 goals
2. Plekanec 17 goals
3. Galchenyuk 17 goals
4. Desharnais 14 goals
5. Eller 13 goals :laugh:
6. Gallagher 13 goals

Top 6 ENG
1. Patch 15 goals
2. Nobody is really close

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Deslauriers should have been traded for a pick and resign has a UFA but MB couldn’t take the media presure of letting go of a player for Qc that was playing well...

4th and 5th round picks and improved bottom pairing players aren't going to get us out of this mess. Bergevin has done fine in the bottom pairing/bottom six department.

He needs to be fired for what he's done to the top 4d and top six lines.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Here's some funny stats. Since MB was anointed GM here's the list of the best offensive tools of our team :

Top 6 points
1. Patch 334 points
2. Galchenyuk 244 points
3. Plekanec 242 points
4. Gallagher 226 points
5. Markov 203 points
6. Subban 202 points

Top 6 ppg (minimum 40 games)
1. Patch 0.79 ppg
2. Subban 0.74 ppg
3. Radulov 0.71 ppg
4. Galchenyuk 0.60 ppg
6. Markov 0.57 ppg

Top 6 SO goals
1. Desharnais 11 goals
2. Galchenyuk 8 goals
3. Byron 7 goals
4. Eller 5 goals :laugh:
5. Patch 5 goals
6. Radulov 4 goals

Top 6 goals in OT
1. Patch 8 goals
2. Galchenyuk 6 goals
3. Desharnais 4 goals
4. Markov 2 goals
5. Subban 2 goals
6. Byron 2 goals

Top 6 GWG
1. Patch 38 goals
2. Plekanec 17 goals
3. Galchenyuk 17 goals
4. Desharnais 14 goals
5. Eller 13 goals :laugh:
6. Gallagher 13 goals

Top 6 ENG
1. Patch 15 goals
2. Nobody is really close

The Subban and Shaw trades shouldn't have happened. But after the Drouin trade I was still so looking forward to seeing something like the following:

Pacioretty Danault Radulov
Droiuin Galchenyuk Gallagher
Lehkonen Plekanec Hudon
Carr De la Rose Byron

Markov Weber
(Mete) Petry
Benn (Juulsen)

Too bad Bergevin had to skrew everything up, again.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
If I'm not mistaken, S, Bah is from B.C., Canada. If you know anything about Canada, BC has some of the best ganja in the world. That stuff beats out anything that Texas can do to you at 90 degrees

Apologies, I mistook him for Tyson who I believe lives in TX.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I was thinking the other night how Price’s spanking new insane contract most likely tied Marc Bergevin’s ability to trade Price by March 26 to say, the Flyers. Petr Mrazec isn’t going to help the Flyers hoist their first Cup since 1974, however a UFA Carey Price might have. Flyers’ GM Ron Hextall could have sent the Habs potential No. 1 centerman Sean Couturier in exchange for rental player Carey Price?
That!
Or we could have emptied their prospects pool and received draft picks.
Bergevin really f***ed this up.

Reactions: Pickles

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I guess where I draw the line is when things get personal. Criticism for the job done is par for the course, and demonstrations are fine if you feel like you want to do it, but I don't feel comfortable calling people names or worse, threatening the person or his family.

Soccer fans are a hardcore lot. I recall Liverpool fans going out on the street demanding that gillette and Hicks surrender the team. Fine, but I also recall him talking about personal threats, which is just unacceptable.

It is possible to voice your displeasure about an organization without resorting to the personal route.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

You can use whatever examples you want, I know one thing....if there are no fans, there are no products. Bergevin did f*** up MY team. Because you know what will happen the day Bergevin leaves or if Molson sells? The Montreal Canadiens will STILL exist. And chances are the SAME fans will still exist too. They will be gone. We will be there. So I guess it's a whole lof of semantics going on here, but I TOTALLY understand fans talking about THEIR team. We as fans also invest in it.

Reactions: Pickles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad