ClassicMatureKob.gif

toothpaste-tooth-paste-asian-misc-bb-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1352.gif

+
chewbacca-gif

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec

No. 1, one thing I miss about playing? Crazy post-game pile-ups. Mosh pits ain't got nothing on 20-some sweaty guys ramming into each other and having a good time. :)laugh:, yeah, I know.)

No. 2, for all the jokes we make on his IQ, the only one that seemed to have got what Price was going for was Bourque.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I remember your post about visiting from NS after the win against Boston.

Care to share some thoughts about your time in Montreal and the atmosphere at the Bell Centre? It must've been awesome to see them win three straights game at home.

Montreal never disappoints. Of course them winning all 3 games helps a lot :laugh:
Very expensive for all the tickets but worth it. I sat in a different section of the Bell Centre for each game. The first two games the atmosphere was incredible, especially for the Colorado game thanks to the highlight reel goals from AG and PK (really kept the crowd going all the way until his post game interview for the fans). Went out for some drinks and food after the game on Saturday while the streets were flooded with Habs jerseys :yo:
Tonight was a little different, I was in the Reds around more suits than Habs jerseys, no real rivalry, and the refs / offsides we're killing the pace of the game all night.. but man when Galchenyuk scored the building exploded.
I honestly wasn't even going to go to the game tonight. I was pushing it on money spent but I checked the Canadiens website yesterday and they still had good tickets left at face value, I was surprised and jumped on it right away.

Outside of Hockey, Montreal is just a great city. My favourite place to visit in Canada for sure. I'm sure you've heard it all before, beautiful city, great people, food, pubs etc.

I also got to briefly meet some of the players and coaches when they were leaving the Bell Centre yesterday after practice which was cool. Price and Therrien signed my jersey, Prust signed a Prust hockey card that a random guy gave me to get signed who was waiting there as well which was nice.

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Not the most fun game to attend until Galchy scored. The amount of offsides the Habs got was so frustrating. But a win is a win.

One of the most fun post-games, however! I still can't believe we left the building with a win. I keep checking NHL.com stats just to drink in the reality.

DoctorPurple

Jun 9, 2014
Montreal, Canada
No. 1, one thing I miss about playing? Crazy post-game pile-ups. Mosh pits ain't got nothing on 20-some sweaty guys ramming into each other and having a good time. :)laugh:, yeah, I know.)

No. 2, for all the jokes we make on his IQ, the only one that seemed to have got what Price was going for was Bourque.

I might have a low IQ, but what WAS Price going for ?! Chewbacca celebration?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Montreal never disappoints. Of course them winning all 3 games helps a lot :laugh:
Very expensive for all the tickets but worth it. I sat in a different section of the Bell Centre for each game. The first two games the atmosphere was incredible, especially for the Colorado game thanks to the highlight reel goals from AG and PK (really kept the crowd going all the way until his post game interview for the fans). Went out for some drinks and food after the game on Saturday while the streets were flooded with Habs jerseys :yo:
Tonight was a little different, I was in the Reds around more suits than Habs jerseys, no real rivalry, and the refs we're killing the pace of the game all night.. but man when Galchenyuk scored the building exploded.

Outside of Hockey, Montreal is just a great city. My favourite place to visit in Canada for sure. I'm sure you've heard it all before, beautiful city, great people, food, pubs etc.

I also got to briefly meet some of the players and coaches when they were leaving the Bell Centre yesterday after practice which was cool. Price and Therrien signed my jersey, Prust signed a Prust hockey card that a random guy gave me to get signed who was waiting there as well which was nice.

Sounds like a great experience overall. Some nice bonuses with the wins and personal signings. Consider yourself a good luck charm and come back again in, say, late-May.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Sounds like a great experience overall. Some nice bonuses with the wins and personal signings. Consider yourself a good luck charm and come back again in, say, late-May.

:laugh: I'm starting to think I might be. I think my record for live games is 13? - 2 now, which is very lucky. I feel like I'm due for a loss every time I go to a game now.

I came up for my first playoff games this past spring and saw game 3 and 4 against Tampa and it was an unbelievable experience.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
My friends are complaining that the Wings got away with a lot but I disagree - the Wings are TOUGH to play against but they don't cheap-shot like the cowardly Bruins, they make it brutally hard to go through them and to gain position on them. They play smart, they play with guile, they play like the Evil Bad Guys in those sports movies. They're just so damn good.
Well the Wings did more cheap shots and dirty play against Galchenyuk than the Bruins.
I guess that every team is have Galchenyuk in their game plan but the Wings were dirtier than a lot of other teams...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad