Habs can now only face 4 teams in the first round

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Seeing as we're going to most likely meet in the PO's, what's Montreal s record against TBay, so far this year?

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Hey guys dont forget that Martin St-Louis isn't with Tampa anymore ! :)

Upside:
-St-Louis and Lecavalier won't be interviewed 43 times.

Downside:
-If Drouin doesn't show up, Barbiero and a French speaking water boy will be interviewed 43 times.

Avengers*

The habs records against the bolts this season is: 1-0-2 so they can easily beat them to win the regular season series.

PricePkPatch*

The habs records against the bolts this season is: 1-0-2 so they can easily beat them to win the regular season series.

Fun fact: I don't think there was a single game that ended in regulation against the Bolts this year

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I voted for TBay when this poll was originally posted so I'm happy. They are beatable, Plekanec and Subban will be tasked with shutting down Stamkos and I'm confident they can do that to some extent. Subban knows Stamkos well.

Also, I think Bishop is solvable.

Price better be on his game.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Yes, but that only means RDS will be less annoying.

Why can't we have Bob Cole covering the Habs on CBC instead of the haters? :cry:

No conflict of loyalty with RDS this time. The hatefest will likely be on the CBC. I guess I don't have a choice on where I'll watch....

Lets hope RDS get the message and have a very pro-Habs marketing strategy, I.e. no thrashing individual players...

Last edited:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I voted for TBay when this poll was originally posted so I'm happy. They are beatable, Plekanec and Subban will be tasked with shutting down Stamkos and I'm confident they can do that to some extent. Subban knows Stamkos well.

Also, I think Bishop is solvable.

Price better be on his game.

That. Not afraid of teams with offensive stars but little depth. Plekanec, Subban and Markov can shut them down.

And, as a game plan, it is so obvious that Therrien cannot be dumb enough to miss on it. No?

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Yeah I have definitely had the sense he has been a goalie on a hot streak. new number 1 that team's hadn't quite figured out yet. He is almost too tall to be a great goalie, if that makes sense.

Shoot low and quick/often gents!

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Man Tampa really scares me... they are this year's Ottawa. We are better equipped than last year though but I don't see this being easy at all. Bishop has always been excellent vs the habs, whether or not he's struggling right now doesn't matter, I remember him stealing one for the sens last year and this year he's just been great against us.

Shadow Journal

Non, je ne regrette rien
Jun 20, 2003
Here's some stats for the month of March:

GF/G - TB: 3.38 (3rd) v. Mtl: 2.54 (24th) ouch

GA/G - Mtl: 2.69 (T13th) v. TB: 3.23 (24th)

Mtl has a -0.15 difference in GF to GA, while TB has a +0.15 difference.

PP% - TB: 22.2 (6th) v. Mtl: 16.1 (19th)

PK% - Mtl: 88.2 (6th) v. TB: 82.9 (16th)

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Should make for a close series. Both teams are very evenly matched and play a similar style.

The difference may be the ability to temper Stamkos and goaltending.

One thing to watch, Bishop has actually been struggling this past month: http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/gamelog/_/id/3866/ben-bishop

.904 in March

In 11 games he let in 3 or more goals in 9 of them. He let in 4 or more goals in 7 of them.

This to my point, may be Tampa's achiles heel. Bishop has never played in the PO's before and is starting to revert back to his mean. Meanwhile Price looks like he's a man possesed and coming off the Olympics, full of confidence.

I like the Habs in 6 or 7 but it should be a close series none the less. Most 1st round series are, regardless.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Yeah I have definitely had the sense he has been a goalie on a hot streak. new number 1 that team's hadn't quite figured out yet. He is almost too tall to be a great goalie, if that makes sense.

At 6'7, he must have a giant 5-hole.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

Having Vanek might help but I don't think that's the way to go against Bishop. Maybe for Gallagher's line but doing that didn't work for us this year against Bishop.

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
Stamkos' numbers are pretty good against us, and Bishop isn't scared about shots coming from the boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad