Recalled/Assigned: Habs call up six players from the Hamilton Bulldogs (2015 Playoff)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Could he even be called up if he's not under official contract by the Canadiens?

Well I would then have offered him a contract. We are not tight enough so that we would easily do without a really good potential defensive d-man.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Lernout is a Bergevin pick, they traded up to get him, he had a good season in the dub, while Didier is a intriguing guy from the Gainey era. I think they might sign him, but seeing him in the black aces would've been a stretch.

I really don't buy this. So yep, Didier isn't a Bergevin pick....but Bergevin would still be responsible for letting him go. Didier's was not Bergevin....but analysing him, evaluating him and deciding to keep him or let go of him...that's totally Bergevin. It's the first time we saw him in a pro environment. I think that he deserves a contract for what he did.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Question for you.

Did Andrighetto become a more physical player in Hamilton after his 12 game stint in Montreal?

The reason I asked is because I didnt get a chance to see many Hamilton games. I did see Andrighetto avoid physical contact while playing for the Habs. 5 hits in 12 games? That's a pace that is softer than DD and PAP. The Habs do not need that in the regular season, much less the playoffs.

24 goals for Carr and 14 for Ghetto. The Habs already have an assists machine in DD.;)

From what I saw, Andrighetto was considerably more physically implicated in the play while in the AHL than when he played with the Habs. Playing with Hamilton, you could say he even played with an edge or with some grit. I think it's something that he will have to overcome to be an effective top-9 player in the NHL in the long term.

However, his offensive ability can't be under sold. He's very skilled and capable at both ends of the ice. His high assist totals are from his dynamic offensive abilities, not from playing the perimeter. On the other hand, Carr does not create offence individually and I feel as if his goal scoring totals are a little skewed - he went on quite a run. It's difficult to say if this run is the norm and a fair expectation of his development, or an anomaly.

Moving forward, Andrighetto has the potential to be a top-6 offensive player and a difference maker on the team.... while I see Carr as more of a Drayson Bowman/ Michael Bournival/ Aaron Palushaj type of tweener. Who knows though, I don't think either would have a big impact at this point.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
From what I saw, Andrighetto was considerably more physically implicated in the play while in the AHL than when he played with the Habs. Playing with Hamilton, you could say he even played with an edge or with some grit. I think it's something that he will have to overcome to be an effective top-9 player in the NHL in the long term.

However, his offensive ability can't be under sold. He's very skilled and capable at both ends of the ice. His high assist totals are from his dynamic offensive abilities, not from playing the perimeter. On the other hand, Carr does not create offence individually and I feel as if his goal scoring totals are a little skewed - he went on quite a run. It's difficult to say if this run is the norm and a fair expectation of his development, or an anomaly.

Moving forward, Andrighetto has the potential to be a top-6 offensive player and a difference maker on the team.... while I see Carr as more of a Drayson Bowman/ Michael Bournival/ Aaron Palushaj type of tweener. Who knows though, I don't think either would have a big impact at this point.

Thanks for your reply.:)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Has there been any news on Ghetto? I had heard he was injured, was wondering if he had any shot at the WC's for Team Switzerland. Still no news on Scherbak joining the black aces? Don't see why they wouldn't even if it's just to work out with some of his new teammates for next season.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Has there been any news on Ghetto? I had heard he was injured, was wondering if he had any shot at the WC's for Team Switzerland. Still no news on Scherbak joining the black aces? Don't see why they wouldn't even if it's just to work out with some of his new teammates for next season.

Absolutely. I think his great season warrants some recognition from the Habs.

Frankly, though, I can't imagine if they wanted him on the Aces, why he wouldn't already be there.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Absolutely. I think his great season warrants some recognition from the Habs.

Frankly, though, I can't imagine if they wanted him on the Aces, why he wouldn't already be there.

I hate the not updating injuries, I know that it was said that Ghetto was injured but how bad cause in reading on the International thread for the Swiss they seemed to think he would get a look.

Really disappointed that Scherbak isn't with the black aces, just for the workout. Would have been great had Hamilton made the playoffs so that he could have gotten a taste of the AHL.

DD51*

I hate the not updating injuries, I know that it was said that Ghetto was injured but how bad cause in reading on the International thread for the Swiss they seemed to think he would get a look.

Really disappointed that Scherbak isn't with the black aces, just for the workout. Would have been great had Hamilton made the playoffs so that he could have gotten a taste of the AHL.

Absolutely. AHL PLayoffs can be as good for a kid than playing NHL Series, even better. The step is not as steep. Many junior playres found their grove during AHL Series, starting with Price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad