Recalled/Assigned: Habs call up six players from the Hamilton Bulldogs (2015 Playoff)

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
MONTREAL, QUE. – Montreal Canadiens and Hamilton Bulldogs general manager Marc Bergevin announced today that six Bulldogs have been recalled to the Canadiens to serve as black aces for the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The recalled players include forwards Daniel Carr, Charles Hudon and Christian Thomas, defencemen Darren Dietz and Brett Lernout as well as goaltender Mike Condon.

The players will travel to Montreal on Monday, April 20 and practice at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard starting on Tuesday.

http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/pressbox/news/?article_id=1197

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
Won't need any of them.

Spare forwards:

Malhotra, Parenteau

Spare D:

Gonchar, Weaver, Pateryn

Spare G:

Doesn't matter because if Price is done then we're done.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I'd love to see Eller and Hudon play a game together, but hopefully we wont have to see any of those players used because then it'll mean we are either losing or have some major injuries.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
You know what, that's a hell of a point, the Habs probably chose to make him available for that over having him here as a practice dummy.

Same thing happened with Danny Kristo a few years back.

There was outrage/incomprehension at first over him being left off the Black Aces, and then he was called up to the USA team 2 days later.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Tangradi and Bowman probably should seek employment elsewhere for next year. Like in Europe.

Dumont not a Black Ace either...

Im kind of dissapointed about Dumont. He was easily Hamilton's best defensive forward and a good leader. The guy rocks a great beard as well.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
I expect him to join the Swiss team for the World Hockey Championships

I saw on Twitter that he got hurt last night.

Kristina Costabile ‏@kcostabile1 · 11m11 minutes ago
@DanKramerHabs It may be because he hurt his shoulder last night. Left during the third and had his arm in a sling after the game.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Im kind of dissapointed about Dumont. He was easily Hamilton's best defensive forward and a good leader. The guy rocks a great beard as well.

Just not effective in his role at the NHL level. If he were 6'1 ish he'd be similar to a Clutterbuck. But at his size he's just not effective.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

Dan Kramer @DanKramerHabs · 34 min il y a 34 minutes
Tinordi, Bournival, Drewiske, and Allen are injured, hence no call up to #Habs. Dumont banged up also.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Tangradi and Bowman probably should seek employment elsewhere for next year. Like in Europe.

I would assume so, can't see Bowman back either way and Tangradi I could see signing elsewhere. Dumont didn't play in the final game, they didn't say what his injury was though. Guess it was worse then Hudon's or they just didn't feel the need to call him up.

Analyzer*

Bowman probably, but Tangradi is a decent player in the AHL.

The dogs need depth and players who can actually produce, not continuing to bring in ****** players just because we drafted them.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
MONTREAL – The Montreal Canadiens announced sunday that goaltender Mike Condon, defensemen Darren Dietz and Brett Lernout, as well as forwards Daniel Carr, Charles Hudon and Christian Thomas have been recalled from the AHL’s Hamilton Bulldogs.

All six players will arrive in Montreal on Monday, April 20. They will practice this week, starting Tuesday, April 21 at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=764089

No Tinordi :)

Who is Carr?

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

Who is Carr?

An important piece of the future for the Habs moving forward. He was the leading goal scorer for the Bulldogs. Quietly doing his job. And he knows how to win as he helped lead his college team to a national championship. Good size as well. Glad to see him get a sniff of an opportunity.

Sad to see Tinordi not brought up.

MJN79

Nov 21, 2008
For those who watch AHL hockey and follow the Bulldogs, were they expected to make the playoffs this year? I know they missed last season as well. Was the roster not that great or Lefebvre is to blame?

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
For those who watch AHL hockey and follow the Bulldogs, were they expected to make the playoffs this year? I know they missed last season as well. Was the roster not that great or Lefebvre is to blame?

I don't watch the Bulldogs much but I would say yes, as they signed quality AHL veterans who can produce as well as brought up some good Habs prospects. They also have good depth at defense and great goaltending.

But since I don't watch them, I don't know why they didn't make it. Maybe because they've had the league worst powerplay for a long time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad