Recalled/Assigned: Habs call up six players from the Hamilton Bulldogs (2015 Playoff)

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
8ZIuVaK.jpg

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Glad he is not being called up. The last thing the Habs need is another undersized player on the roster.

So Carr is an important piece of the Habs future, but Andrighetto is just another undersized forward that doesn't deserve a call up?

Interesting evaluation, I'm not sure that many people that have watched the Bulldogs would agree.

DD51*

Same thing happened with Danny Kristo a few years back.

There was outrage/incomprehension at first over him being left off the Black Aces, and then he was called up to the USA team 2 days later.

Halak too was freed up to play for Slovakia... But it was to give ice time to Price, who eventually won the Calder CuP with them.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
So Carr is an important piece of the Habs future, but Andrighetto is just another undersized forward that doesn't deserve a call up?

Interesting evaluation, I'm not sure that many people that have watched the Bulldogs would agree.

Question for you.

Did Andrighetto become a more physical player in Hamilton after his 12 game stint in Montreal?

The reason I asked is because I didnt get a chance to see many Hamilton games. I did see Andrighetto avoid physical contact while playing for the Habs. 5 hits in 12 games? That's a pace that is softer than DD and PAP. The Habs do not need that in the regular season, much less the playoffs.

24 goals for Carr and 14 for Ghetto. The Habs already have an assists machine in DD.;)

DD51*

I am kind of sad about Tinordi and Bournival situation. Got a bad feeling we won't see neither of them in a habs uniform anymore. They gonna be dealt.

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
I am kind of sad about Tinordi and Bournival situation. Got a bad feeling we won't see neither of them in a habs uniform anymore. They gonna be dealt.

Trading a former first round pick when he is value is lowest is bad asset management. Not MB's style.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Did you even read that they're injured or just come in here slinging wild speculation?

DD51*

Trading a former first round pick when he is value is lowest is bad asset management. Not MB's style.

I hope so. But they have had the chance to evaluate him pretty well over the last three seasons. If they judged that he is a borderline NHL d-man, they gonna trade him like they did with Leblanc. The round they were picked doesn't mean anything.

DD51*

They're both injured, there's nothing to be sad about.

I am sad because these Playoffs would had been great opportunities for both to prove something. I know, the team is stacked now, but injuries happen very fast to key players (see Weber). besides Malhotra, thre is not many forwards available. I don't think PAP is healthy and a good solution anyway. The guy is one concussion away from retirement.

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
I hope so. But they have had the chance to evaluate him pretty well over the last three seasons. If they judged that he is a borderline NHL d-man, they gonna trade him like they did with Leblanc. The round they were picked doesn't mean anything.

It does. First round picks get extra looks. Tinordi is a 23 year old stay-at-home defensemen, those guys take years to develop.

DD51*

It does. First round picks get extra looks. Tinordi is a 23 year old stay-at-home defensemen, those guys take years to develop.

But in which state of mind does Tinordi play (or has played) this season if we judge by what his father - a former NHL stud d-man - said to the media about his son's use. Maybe, Jared would prefer to play elsewhere - at NHL level -next season.

The left side of Habs D is pretty much set with Markov-Emelin and Beaulieu

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I saw Daniel Carr live recently and came away impressed. He has decent size but his grit surprised me. He
laid a couple of nice hits. He is a long shot but 24 goals on a offensively challenged team is impressive none the less.

I wonder if Didier did enough to earn a 2 year contract...

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Q: what are black aces?

Playoff reserve players. Training dummies.

AKA, the guys who get to lift the cup if the team wins, but do not get their name on it or a ring (usually), unless they played.

It's a nice experience. I hope Sherbak gets called up for it if his team gets eliminated.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Same thing happened with Danny Kristo a few years back.

There was outrage/incomprehension at first over him being left off the Black Aces, and then he was called up to the USA team 2 days later.

The year Price won the calder cup, Halak was released to play for Slovakia. I could be wrong, but I think Halak even won AHL goalie of the year that year...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
That's the only question mark for me....Lernout but no Didier? They have seen enough for Didier to NOT sign him? Or to sign him but no need to be around?

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
That's the only question mark for me....Lernout but no Didier? They have seen enough for Didier to NOT sign him? Or to sign him but no need to be around?

Lernout is a Bergevin pick, they traded up to get him, he had a good season in the dub, while Didier is a intriguing guy from the Gainey era. I think they might sign him, but seeing him in the black aces would've been a stretch.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Who is Carr?

An important piece of the future for the Habs moving forward. He was the leading goal scorer for the Bulldogs. Quietly doing his job. And he knows how to win as he helped lead his college team to a national championship. Good size as well. Glad to see him get a sniff of an opportunity.

Sad to see Tinordi not brought up.

Perhaps but in the games I've seen Carr didn't stand out at all. He also looked smallish and skinny but good speed. I saw the last 3 games, he did score on a wicked backhander though.

Can't bring Tinordi up since he's been out since March 15th or so. No update on his injury which was said to be 3 weeks but is already over a month.

For those who watch AHL hockey and follow the Bulldogs, were they expected to make the playoffs this year? I know they missed last season as well. Was the roster not that great or Lefebvre is to blame?

Guess we'll find out what management thinks since we currently don't have any coaches under contract for our AHL club next season. If they get re-signed then management is clearly ok with missing the playoffs for the last 3 years and having the worst PP over that span (30th, 29th and 30th) But if they do get re-signed it's because they have done a good job of getting their players to work hard consistently and play a sound defensive game, as just about all the AHL call ups have not hurt the Habs in their own end. On the other hand most have struggled to produce offense and with our top 2 prospects in Scherbak and McCarron, management might want to find a coaching staff that works on helping improve their offensive game.

Glad he is not being called up. The last thing the Habs need is another undersized player on the roster.

He and Hudon were the best forwards in the games I saw and last game of the season he was likely their best forward (although Bozon had a good game and almost won it in OT) But it's not like Ghetto was going to dress in any games unless we get a number of injuries. Ghetto's ppg was a hair under Hudon's who was 2nd on the team in scoring, so at least he showed improvement in producing for the Dogs.

Smart move. Is bourny still injured?

yes, hasn't played since March 13th.

I saw the last 3 games and Didier was easily more noticeable then Lernout. Lernout was a bit shaky in the one game, was surprised to see him getting PP time though. Was surprised they called up Lernout but not Bennett, in the final 2 games he was skating so well, man can he move out there.

Could he even be called up if he's not under official contract by the Canadiens?

I don't think so, but perhaps they could do it un-officially, meaning he could just work out with the black aces but not be a call up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad