Recalled/Assigned: Habs Call up Nättinen, Beaulieu

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Make no mistake, Nathan Beaulieu is the most promising of all Hab prospects by far. The kid just migh be ready. He turned 21 a month ago.

He has a shot at securing a spot on this team. He's a tremendous skater, can make a good pass, has a good shot, isn't afraid to mix it up after the whistle.

He can definitely take Bouillon or Murray's spot if he impresses.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Average size (6 feet tall), average on face-offs (49.4%), terrible +/-, 2 points in 33 games and both of them are assists.

A 4th liner should be able to do one thing well imo, which White doesn't do. He is a sinkhole of mediocrity.

Personally I see White as a gritty, team-first player who draws the opposition's ire so our skill guys don't have to deal with it so much.

He's not there to score goals but I think he could if he had a chance.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Average size (6 feet tall), average on face-offs (49.4%), terrible +/-, 2 points in 33 games and both of them are assists.

A 4th liner should be able to do one thing well imo, which White doesn't do. He is a sinkhole of mediocrity.

In contrast, Lapierre was really good on the penalty kill and drew a lot of penalties, and Chipchura has pretty good offensive numbers for a 4th liner. We should have kept what he had.
His +/- is mostly affected by his stint with Blunden and Parros (oh god was that painful to watch)... White is a good penalty killer, he brings toughness and based on what we're seeing on 24CH he seems to be a good guy to have in the locker room. I recall Bournival saying on l'Antichambre that White was who helped him when he made the team. I used to have the same opinion as you last year that we needed to upgrade our 4th line center with a Lapierre or Gordon. But I've been pleasantly surprised by White this year. He's more disciplined and he's doing the little things right. Sure it'd be nice if he could produce more but he's not terrible in terms of hockey skills. His passing is nothing special but he does have a pretty hard wrist shot.

Anyway problem with Lapierre is that his shtick gets old pretty fast and that's why he's changed teams 4 times in 3 years. As for Chipchura, depends what you're looking for but Phoenix puts a lot of emphasis on having contribution from every line. Another thing is that we don't have any right handed centers so White brings that dimension too. It really comes down to personnal preferences.

As for Nattinen, I don't think he's an upgrade over White nor do I think he's part of plans going forward.

Analyzer*

He's playing tonight.

By that, I mean Nattinen. I believe Beaulieu is playing as well.

PricePkPatch*

He's playing tonight.

By that, I mean Nattinen. I believe Beaulieu is playing as well.

Therrien clearly said that they didn't called the youngsters to make them watch the game from the stands. If they called them, they'll play them.

which means, Nattinen will bump someone out, so will Beaulieu.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Therrien clearly said that they didn't called the youngsters to make them watch the game from the stands. If they called them, they'll play them.

which means, Nattinen will bump someone out, so will Beaulieu.

It's already been confirmed. Murray, Diaz, Bourque out. Beaulieu, Nattinen, Bouillon in.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Some fresh blood is much needed.

Hopefully these two put some pressure on the Hab underperformers and steal some jobs.

It's about time. I'm not holding as much hope for Beaulieu as he's had more issues than not when looking at his year overall, but based on what I'm reading about Naatinen, the guy has flat-out worked his way in and deserves an extended opportunity.

If Beaulieu can somehow run with this and carve out a spot, I won't be complaining. I'm just skeptical. Probably needs more seasoning. We'll see.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
He has a shot at securing a spot on this team. He's a tremendous skater, can make a good pass, has a good shot, isn't afraid to mix it up after the whistle.

He can definitely take Bouillon or Murray's spot if he impresses.

Without Parros, I think we need at least one bigger tough player to help out. Don't you think?

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Without Parros, I think we need at least one bigger tough player to help out. Don't you think?

If the bigger tough player can actually play hockey then sure. If you're talking about Murray, he's statistically among the worst players in the league. He may have his uses against a handful of teams, but if Beaulieu's worked on his defensive issues than I'd rather have his skating and offensive abilities than Murray's weight.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If the bigger tough player can actually play hockey then sure. If you're talking about Murray, he's statistically among the worst players in the league. He may have his uses against a handful of teams, but if Beaulieu's worked on his defensive issues than I'd rather have his skating and offensive abilities than Murray's weight.

Murray has his usefulness in a limited role against certain teams -- the same teams that Diaz is useless against. Yin and Yang.

habitue*

let's just suppose that Markov, Diaz, Murray and Bouillon are all gone by July 1st....

Could we see that defensive unit next year ?

Tinordi - Subban

Beaulieu - Emelin

Gorges - Patteryn

Drewiske

5 guys over 6'2 !!!

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
let's just suppose that Markov, Diaz, Murray and Bouillon are all gone by July 1st....

Could we see that defensive unit next year ?

Tinordi - Subban

Beaulieu - Emelin

Gorges - Patteryn

Drewiske

5 guys over 6'2 !!!

Half of our defense would be rookies? No thanks. The most young guys on the back-end I see next year is two out of those three guys, depending on who plays the best. If we don't have Markov back or a UFA of the same calibre, our defense will be pretty average at best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad