Recalled/Assigned: Habs Call up Nättinen, Beaulieu

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Yakupov is scratched in the edm vs. Winn game. Maybe they are working something out :sarcasm:

Way off topic, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of Nail Yakupov for Nazem Kadri deal.

Especially with the Dallas Eakins factor in Edmonton. Leafs aren't afraid to trade picks.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Yakupov is scratched in the edm vs. Winn game. Maybe they are working something out :sarcasm:

Not to ruin the joke but it's disgusting how Yakupov gets made an example of when all of the Oilers young players are turning into floaters since they have nothing to play for and no guidance. Eberle has been just as bad in the defensive zone as Yakupov, but only one gets called out and punished for it.

Way off topic, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of Nail Yakupov for Nazem Kadri deal.

Especially with the Dallas Eakins factor in Edmonton. Leafs aren't afraid to trade picks.

Wingers are the one thing the Leafs do not need.

Locks

May 28, 2005
Yak was hit in the head by the Head master Matt Cooke and is out. And I highly doubt he is even remotely the type bergy wants, his spectacular -31 aside. I just imagine MT's face when he learns he got a -31 player who is on pace to -52. Won't happen, though!

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
This is the best opportunity that beaulieu has ever had to stick in the nhl. Unlike his previous stints, the team is actually performing quite poorly, and needs an injection. If he can move the puck out of the zone with regularity, he is already a serious contender to stick... It sounds like a simple task but the habs have great difficulty with it.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
This is the best opportunity that beaulieu has ever had to stick in the nhl. Unlike his previous stints, the team is actually performing quite poorly, and needs an injection. If he can move the puck out of the zone with regularity, he is already a serious contender to stick... It sounds like a simple task but the habs have great difficulty with it.

I agree. It,s up to him if he stays or not. Yet...he has to be paired to shine. Playing on his wrong side with Bouillon or Murray won't cut it.

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
Yak was hit in the head by the Head master Matt Cooke and is out. And I highly doubt he is even remotely the type bergy wants, his spectacular -31 aside. I just imagine MT's face when he learns he got a -31 player who is on pace to -52. Won't happen, though!

Yak is the perfect example of a player that was rushed into the NHL. He, as well as the other Edmonton youth, would perform better if they were all better surrounded and on different teams. It's a bad situation in Edmonton now. Each additional year that these kids stay with little to no leadership will only make it worse. Also, they could use a few more NHL caliber D.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I agree. It,s up to him if he stays or not. Yet...he has to be paired to shine. Playing on his wrong side with Bouillon or Murray won't cut it.

...yet we are almost guaranteed that's exactly what Therrien is going to do; pair him with Black Hole Bouillon and stick him on the right side...:rant:

TheRooster

Dec 31, 2013
Montreal
I have mixed feelings about this call up. On one hand, it's about time they gave some guys from Hamilton a chance, and I'm happy for Nättinen and Beaulieu.

At the same time, I still really want Leblanc to get a chance, and want him to succeed, and I just know MT is going to ****ing stick Bealieu with Bouillon and bench him if he makes a mistake.

This organization sometimes... :shakehead

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I have mixed feelings about this call up. On one hand, it's about time they gave some guys from Hamilton a chance, and I'm happy for Nättinen and Beaulieu.

At the same time, I still really want Leblanc to get a chance, and want him to succeed, and I just know MT is going to ****ing stick Bealieu with Bouillon and bench him if he makes a mistake.

This organization sometimes... :shakehead

Leblanc would not be effective on the fourth line.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Leblanc would not be effective on the fourth line.

Depends who you have on your 4th line, plus who said he'd be on the 4th line? Bourque is sitting out. I'd rather see Bournival - Eller - Leblanc, Prust - Nattinen/White - Moen than what we currently have.

Put Briere with Plekanec and Gionta. It's not rocket science ffs.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Depends who you have on your 4th line, plus who said he'd be on the 4th line? Bourque is sitting out. I'd rather see Bournival - Eller - Leblanc, Prust - Nattinen/White - Moen than what we currently have.

Put Briere with Plekanec and Gionta. It's not rocket science ffs.

...I agree, Leblanc with Eller & Bournival would be a good 3rd line to try out right now...so no way will Therrien think of it...:shakehead

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT

And they pair him with Cube...poor kid! :help:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Brolieu with bouillon? Who is playing on the right side?? Either way, that's not a good way to get the kid some nhl ice time.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Brolieu with bouillon? Who is playing on the right side?? Either way, that's not a good way to get the kid some nhl ice time.

I'd rather Bouillon than Murray, at least Frankie has the speed to cover (assuming he doesn't try to do everything himself, which is unfortunately a big assumption). It's really annoying that Beaulieu is going to end up playing on the right though...come on, give this kid a real chance.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I'd rather Bouillon than Murray, at least Frankie has the speed to cover (assuming he doesn't try to do everything himself, which is unfortunately a big assumption). It's really annoying that Beaulieu is going to end up playing on the right though...come on, give this kid a real chance.

Yeah I much rather Bouillon than Murray, and if it wasn't for the extreme MOAR BIGGER bias this forum seems to have, I think many more would agree with the notion.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
I really feel bad for the kids on this team.....:shakehead

Big reason this club has continually failed to develop prospects for years. The coaches are always so desperate to win and not get fired they fail to/refuse to properly develop the future. 1st rounders can often get used in situations that can't handle and get pushed to gain a roster spot too much, just cause they were 1st rounders. This franchise goes the opposite way and makes them "earn it" and play with ****** veterans then the kids get the blame when things go wrong! :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad