Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Bruins Wed Jan 12 @ 7pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Random question but is Marc Denis gonna work the game tomorrow night or since he's part of the GM process they'll keep him off air for now?

Of course he will. He is currently still employed by RDS.

Chantal Machabée was still working on RDS as a journalist even though she was talking with the Canadiens about her new gig.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'll never forget the way bell handled the TSN radio firings.

They just pulled the plug so suddenly, and the employees were basically told to pack and leave before security locked the doors. In Vancouver, they announced the station was dead, then they put a green day song on right after "time of your life".

Bell directly responsible for causing the type of mental anguish and despair that their campaign is supposedly trying to avert.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
old-boomer.gif

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Don't matter to me. It's either going to be a shot at #1OA or we get 2-8 range and the talent is similar.

I'm just glad we got a game to watch.

If we want a game-breaking forward, we're gonna need to be top 3, top 5 minimum if we think there's a chance a team will go for a RHD over the forwards.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't think they were mentally ready to start the season after a very short off season and it set the tone.

Agreed.

* Short offseason
* Danault/Weber/Perry out
* Price, Edmundson, Byron have not played a game yet.

We all knew we were still a bubble team but we did miss calculate the impacts guys like Danault, Weber, and Perry provided both in the room and on the ice. Combine that with injuries and roster turnover and it is what it is. Best thing to happen cause maybe our new management avoids more reset/retool attempts that continues us on our bubble team direction

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If we want a game-breaking forward, we're gonna need to be top 3, top 5 minimum if we think there's a chance a team will go for a RHD over the forwards.

I'm not sure. I know you feel you got a good handle on the rankings but they do vary by a lot from what we see today. One example might be what your top 10 looks like vs what Bob M provides as mid season rankings here soon? They are not out yet right?

Totally understand what you are saying but I'm not that worried about it. I do expect some sort of rebound by the Habs but nothing substantial that derails our lottery shot by a huge amount. It won't be easy to finish last place

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm not sure. I know you feel you got a good handle on the rankings but they do vary by a lot from what we see today. One example might be what your top 10 looks like vs what Bob M provides as mid season rankings here soon? They are not out yet right?

Totally understand what you are saying but I'm not that worried about it. I do expect some sort of rebound by the Habs but nothing substantial that derails our lottery shot by a huge amount. It won't be easy to finish last place

We just need to remain in the bottom 5 which looks very plausible considering the hole we've dug, the coach we employ, and the fact we will start trading off some players going forward.

And yeah, Bob's rankings aren't out yet.. I'm not sure when they are planned as they normally come post world juniors.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We just need to remain in the bottom 5 which looks very plausible considering the hole we've dug, the coach we employ, and the fact we will start trading off some players going forward.

And yeah, Bob's rankings aren't out yet.. I'm not sure when they are planned as they normally come post world juniors.

My gut says we will get a top 5 pick regardless of any pride the players have to finish the season. I do think management will do some things to improve the probability of keeping that top 5 pick.

Curious to see when Bob's mid season list comes out. There will still be movement from that to the end of the season but I am focusing on the variance of rankings from what you see from others. Am I wrong by saying there are more variance this year from what you see in typical drafts?

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
My gut says we will get a top 5 pick regardless of any pride the players have to finish the season. I do think management will do some things to improve the probability of keeping that top 5 pick.

Curious to see when Bob's mid season list comes out. There will still be movement from that to the end of the season but I am focusing on the variance of rankings from what you see from others. Am I wrong by saying there are more variance this year from what you see in typical drafts?

I don't think so. It's pretty normal variance at this point, maybe slightly heightened due to the pandemic but we are used to that from last year where the seasons were far more impacted.

There will be a big shift from pre-season to mid-year as there normally is, and then what we will see is what we normally see.. some players will help their stock in the play-offs/U-18 and others will drop back because of others carrying that momentum.

We came into the year with big expectations on guys like Lambert and Miro, but both (Miro more than any) have hurt their cases.. though Lambert in a brief WJC period may have saved his stock a bit.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't think so. It's pretty normal variance at this point, maybe slightly heightened due to the pandemic but we are used to that from last year where the seasons were far more impacted.

There will be a big shift from pre-season to mid-year as there normally is, and then what we will see is what we normally see.. some players will help their stock in the play-offs/U-18 and others will drop back because of others carrying that momentum.

We came into the year with big expectations on guys like Lambert and Miro, but both (Miro more than any) have hurt their cases.. though Lambert in a brief WJC period may have saved his stock a bit.

I'm both excited and nervous about where we pick and who we get.

Question, would you trade any top 5 pick for Lafreneire?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I actually expect a much better Habs team and a much better Petry.

I can see the Habs being much more competitive for the rest of the year.

I guess they can't be any worse than they've been. Or can they? :o

Boston sure is firing on all cylinders.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Agreed.

* Short offseason
* Danault/Weber/Perry out
* Price, Edmundson, Byron have not played a game yet.

We all knew we were still a bubble team but we did miss calculate the impacts guys like Danault, Weber, and Perry provided both in the room and on the ice. Combine that with injuries and roster turnover and it is what it is. Best thing to happen cause maybe our new management avoids more reset/retool attempts that continues us on our bubble team direction
Yep. Enough of the bubble team! Even with everyone you mentioned, they were still a bubble team and weren't going to compete for a cup. This has gone on long enough.

Reactions: Habs Halifax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad