Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Bruins Wed Jan 12 @ 7pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Great to see some regulars and better players returning in time for this game.

However, some entertainment is still needed given this putrid season.

Since the outcome doesn't matter, might as well try a few things. Like having TSN690's motor mouth, Simon Tskikilis, doing play by play. His latest commercial at the station for his realtor outfit has him hawking: "Omar called and I sold his duplex in Mirabull." Yes, "Mirabull".

Also, we should have ads in the GDT cause we're going to get them anyway during the game and we might as well get ahead of the curve.

Merci Geoff!

Reactions: CapSpace and cphabs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Speaking of ads ... it's that time of year when Bell runs its mental health commercials.

"I'm there for you, if you need me." Great initiative but it would have been more meaningful if someone other than Bell were behind it.

Not so long after completing their mental health campaign last January, they proceeded to massive personnel firings across the country, a lot of them conducted in brutal fashion -- and several employees lashed back on social media. Yeah, "I'm there for you" -- rings pretty hollow now.

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Speaking of ads ... it's that time of year when Bell runs it's mental health commercials.

"I'm there for you, if you need me." Great initiative but it would have been more meaningful if someone other than Bell were behind it.

Not so long after completing their mental health campaign last January, they proceeded to massive personnel firings across the country, a lot of them conducted in a brutal fashion -- and several employees lashed back on social media. Yeah, "I'm there for you" -- rings pretty hollow now.
Corporate bottom lines are literally the bottom line.............sad to see such profitable company say one thing, and then do another.....happens more than we realize I am sure...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Speaking of ads ... it's that time of year when Bell runs its mental health commercials.

Not so long after completing their mental health campaign last January, they proceeded to massive personnel firings across the country, a lot of them conducted in brutal fashion -- and several employees lashed back on social media. Yeah, "I'm there for you" -- rings pretty hollow now.

True but none of these corporations are there for anyone but their executives and their shareholders. Royal Bank is another who has been very heavy on the mental health bandwagon over the years. Both these Blue Chips have one thing in common the advent of contract work for the schleppers.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I'll never forget the way bell handled the TSN radio firings.

They just pulled the plug so suddenly, and the employees were basically told to pack and leave before security locked the doors. In Vancouver, they announced the station was dead, then they put a green day song on right after "time of your life".

Reactions: Runner77

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Pastrnak and Marchand with back to back 2 goal games. Can't see the Habs stopping these guys.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Random question but is Marc Denis gonna work the game tomorrow night or since he's part of the GM process they'll keep him off air for now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad