HABS BOARD mock 3.0 Finished/ congrats all who participated!!!

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Ottawa would like to trade and get another 1rst. We have two 2nds rounders (39 & 43) and Jared Cowen and Robin Lehner are available.

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
As a result for not being there,

the Sharks receive, from the Sarnia Stings, OHL, center Pavel Zacha.

ottawa are next, pmd

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
The Ottawa Senators are proud to select, from the Ottawa 67'S of the Ontario Hockey League,

Travis Konecny

1297595612172_ORIGINAL.jpg
21onhcg.jpg

We feel like we've got a top 10 player who only fell because of size. His determination, leadership and style of play are all qualities we're looking for in Ottawa and he fits in perfectly with the Ottawa Senators identity.

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
The Calgary Flames are proud to select from the Youngstown Phantoms, Kyle Connor. The flames feel like Connor was worth a top 10 pick and are happy he slipped to 14. Our current President of Hockey Operations, Brian Burke, is also impressed by the fact that he can spell the word ‘intensity’.

From Future Considerations:†A smart two-way forward who sets up his linemates with well-timed passes…is mature and intelligent with the puck, and does not rush a play no matter the pressure he is under…has impressive hands and vision, but it is the creativity and hockey sense that make him most dangerous…sees lanes opening and hits his targets consistently…also has a decent one-timer, but is definitely a pass-first guy… plays well away from the puck, constantly moving in order to get open…not overly physical…comes back deep into his own zone to make himself available…needs to add considerable strength, but the potential is there. “

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
The :kings2 would like to congratulate the :habs for their Stanley Cup, and Carey Price for his hitoric 16 playoff shutouts! (*jinx*)

This pick has been debated internally with Impossible Glory, the Carolina Hurricanes GM, regarding the possibilities of the Kings making the playoffs (and said pick going to Carolina in relation with the Sekera trade).

WITH THE 15th OVERALL PICK, the :kings2 are extremely proud to select...

FROM The Sweden 1st Division, AIK:

Defenseman Oliver Kylington

oliver-kylington.jpeg

bb140208zk001.jpg

The Winnipeg Jets are on the Clock! (GM PM'ed)

Gervess

@Gervess
Jan 3, 2011
Gatineau, Quebec
With the 16th pick, Winnipeg Jets are proud to select Jansen Harkins from the Prince George Cougars of the WHL. Excellent two-way player with high hockey IQ. High end vision & playmaking. Could become a 1C one day in Winnipeg.

Could someone PM the next GM please. I would do it but I need to run to my other classes. Thanks

Dec 8, 2014
With the 17th pick the bruins are proud to select defenseman Jakub Zboril from St-John in the QMJHL

Zboril's is a smart player with great skills, looks like a dman that will translate easy to the nhl. Top 2 dman potential imo.

Jakub Zboril is a smart, fleet-footed two-way defenseman that plays to his strengths in all three areas of the ice. While he doesn't aim to impress, he does all of the little things right and plays with an edge. The neutral zone is his launching pad: he is able to take off into the offensive end, or backcheck quickly into his own end. Very sound positionally. Smooth skater with lots of energy to burn. Not afraid to lay the body, or take a hit to make the play; can and will stand up for teammates. Possesses good hands and awareness on the ice, as well as a hard shot that is quite accurate. All-in-all, a complete defenseman that is relied upon to offset any oncoming attacks, as well as create chances in the opposing end.

Last edited:

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
next gm PM'ed.

By the way.
I have multiple players/prospects available.

Williams
Regehr
Stoll

Couple more.

Looking for everything (picks prospects players)

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Is this an actual GM game or just a mock draft? I'd prefer to have trades that only involve picks instead of players, but that's just my opinion ;)

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
With the 18th pick of the draft the Vancouver Canucks are proud to select from the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles Left Wing, Evgeni Svechnikov

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
You can either go with the BPA (based on rankings) or draft a player that will fill a need for your player's organisation. The point of having a mock draft is to either pick the best players down the road or to get your selections right in terms of what your team will actually pick.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
You can either go with the BPA (based on rankings) or draft a player that will fill a need for your player's organisation. The point of having a mock draft is to either pick the best players down the road or to get your selections right in terms of what your team will actually pick.

ok perfect thanks i was just wondering if i need to pick purely for points or not - only our draftee points count tho right? rest of the team is not relevant?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
ok perfect thanks i was just wondering if i need to pick purely for points or not - only our draftee points count tho right? rest of the team is not relevant?

Really the thing you want to do is to fill your team's future needs and/or take the best player available. The points don't matter really since you could draft a goalie or a defensive forward and etc. There is no real way to evaluate a draft until the player comes to the NHL so you basically take the player you think will be good in the years to come. If I understand your question well, there is no "winner" or "loser" in a mock draft like this just for fun and the points don't count. Only in a couple years we can come back and look if we did good or not ..

LeHaboholique

Respek is earn, not give to!
Jul 25, 2012
Same
Minnesota Wild
19th Overall

10350643.jpg

The Minnesota Wild are proud to select, From the Kelowna Rockets Nicholas Merkley!

"An offensive forward that makes an impact in the game every time he touches the puck…improved skater this season and possess more jump in his step.
not big by any stretch but shows a willingness to throw his weight around…impressive hockey sense and ability to think the game…very creative and crafty with the puck
plays a complete 200-foot game…a strong playmaker with impressive vision and touch on his passes…willing to take the puck to the net…has an effective shot that is quick off his stick."​
- Future Considerations​

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Well points don't tell the whole story anyway and I don't really understand what you mean by rest of the team?

Well when I've done this with friends we usually draft and the point totals from the draftees whether goals etc or goalies with wins give you points but the standard roster doesn't matter because we're trying to pick players that add the highest worth. I dunno if that makes more sense

Like how does this thread evaluate which guy did the best draft. Thanks for the help as said I'm kinda new at this

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
List hasn't been updated yet :/ Sorry.
Going to go off the board a bit with my pick and go with Mitchell Vande Sompel

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad