Post-Game Talk: Habs blow 2 goal lead again lose 5-2 to Rags

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Guess we’ll see what happens this summer.....it’s IMPOSSIBLE that we go with the same core and expect different results.

If one or both were not traded at the deadline, it’s gotta be at the draft.....I just pray that it’s one of them, or Drouin, too many of the same type players.

Hey!!....CBJ are probably gonna trade Anderson in the off season, that would be a start, just anything, throw us a bone Bergy, we’re f***ing hungry for something

he needs a new contract, had an awful season. has yet to put up 50 points, came close once. Good buy low candidate. Another one might be Jesse Puljujarvi.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
he needs a new contract, had an awful season. has yet to put up 50 points, came close once. Good buy low candidate. Another one might be Jesse Puljujarvi.
I’d snag both....Puljujarvi I bet would blossom with fellow countryman Kotkaniemi, Armia and Lehkonen, and of course Ylonen....

Anderson I’m all over, sometimes it just takes time for you to get it.

And of course I’m throwing the Brinks truck at Pietrangelo

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Obviously it's an opinion. What anyone says here about anything in the future is an opinion. But thanks for pointing it out.

you didn't write it in the future tense. lol

Well Drouin was in theory our best offensive winger. He's just highly inconsistent.

best winger, in theory. not even sure if this is a serious statement, but .... for the 2 seasons they've been on the same team, Drouin is 3rd in PPG to Gally and Tatar. Fact, not opinion.

Last edited:

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Panarin makes a huge difference too. What a player.
NYR got a boost with the FA route. They also retooled by trading big pieces like McDonagh, JT Miller, Stepan, not the likes of Cousins or Thompson. That gave them 2 first rounders in 17, 3 in 2018 and they got lucky with the lottery in 2019 jumping to 2nd pick.

Another big difference is their 2 prime time Russian goalies.

2 first round picks again this year.

NYR should be better than Mtl the next few years.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Well KK is not a full time NHLr anytime soon considering how he can't even dominate AHL defensemen. 0 goals in 11 games and counting
I’m not worried about KK, this entire AHL experience will make him a much better player, and a 3 week vacation to Suomi followed by an immediate return to Montreal to train with NHLers will go miles into his development.

As I said, Suzuki, KK and whoever else we draft or sign or acquire will surely push Danault into his proper chair which in turn will give us an even better version of Danault.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
NYR got a boost with the FA route. They also retooled by trading big pieces like McDonagh, JT Miller, Stepan, not the likes of Cousins or Thompson. That gave them 2 first rounders in 17, 3 in 2018 and they got lucky with the lottery in 2019 jumping to 2nd pick.

Yep, they've done a good job.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I’d snag both....Puljujarvi I bet would blossom with fellow countryman Kotkaniemi, Armia and Lehkonen, and of course Ylonen....

Pietrangelo ...

could they sell Petry first? Winnipeg, maybe ... nobody will sign there and they want to win now.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

One Russian goalie, Gergiov is Bulgarian but I assume he played in Russia and Bulgarian names and language are similar to Russian.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
If it's a concentrated deliberate rebuild... it's fine. It really is.

Losing when you're supposedly a playoff team is a whole other story. And it's not just one season, it's four or five or something like that...

I agree completely. I’m frustrated that we haven’t traded Tatar and Bergevin wants to resign Petry. I am holding hope however that we trade assets this summer that don’t work out. Everyone outside of Suzuki should be available.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
7 of those assists were in the first 4 games.

And this changes things, how?

11 games... 11 assists... thats the statline.

We all know that a PPG player doesn't mean you score exactly 1 point every game. Players go on hot streaks and on cold streaks, at the end of the day, you get the biggest sample size possible and the hot and cold even themselves out.

So its 11 in 11..... we don't break it down as 7 in 4 followed by 4 in 7...... you look at the sum total at the end of the year.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It is nearly impossible to come up with a sentnence that has words "elite" and "canadiens" in it, but people are still trying....
Some fans are very creative. We often dominate the opposition with our perimeter game and low percentage shoot from anywhere strategy also. What many fail to take into account is when the games get real few of our player can break a check. They sure can cash them though. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
i have a feeling he'll be the #1 as long as he's here... in montreal, defense is more important than scoring goals.
This is exactly what the problem is. I'm not even sure a new coach would change anything given our penchant for dinosaurs.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

of course you do, RD Pietro... wonder who plays 3rd pair between him, Weber and Petry...

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Some fans are very creative. We often dominate the opposition with our perimeter game and low percentage shoot from anywhere strategy also. What many fail to take into account is when the games get real few of our player can break a check. They sure can cash them though. :sarcasm:

The idea that they shoot from the perimeter is not supported when you look at xG and shot charts (heat maps).

The issue is a lack of elite finishing talent... and that our defence gives up too many shots from the slot as well.

But forwards not getting good shots from scoring areas? This is a myth for the Habs 5v5 play.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The idea that they shoot from the perimeter is not supported when you look at xG and shot charts (heat maps).

The issue is a lack of elite finishing talent... and that our defence gives up too many shots from the slot as well.

But forwards not getting good shots from scoring areas? This is a myth for the Habs 5v5 play.

Yes sir this team has led the league for most shots on goal because we don't shoot from anywhere. :huh:
Not to mention the stretches against good teams where we don't generate any. :help:

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Yes sir this team has led the league for most shots on goal because we don't shoot from anywhere. :huh:
Not to mention the stretches against good teams where we don't generate any. :help:

Go look at their xG which measures where the shot comes from.

Go look at the heat maps which also do this.

Go compare them to the rest of the league.

I prefer stats to your anecdotes

The shots are from.quality areas. The players taking the shots are just not good enough shooters. Give Ovechkin 10 shots from the circle. Give those same 10 shots with 4 to nick cousins, 3 to jordy weal, 3 to Tatar (had to include a good scorer too)... and tell me which team is gonna score more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad