Habs Best Forward?

Best Forward?

• Total voters

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Tatar is our best forward. Gally works hard but he's not the one creating on that line. He plays an integral role but Tatar, and maybe even Danault, drive the play and create the offense more than Gally does.

Domi and Drouin are the guys that need to step up the most. They have the most upside but they're inconsistent. If they, along with Suzuki and KK become the players I think they can, then the Habs offense could look good. That requires quite a few things going well though.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I like Domi’s overall skillset the most. Still think Drouin has the most upside.

Ok but in terms of actual contributions this year, per gamesplayed, it has to be Tatar, Gallagher, or perhaps Kovalchuk?

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Ok but in terms of actual contributions this year, per gamesplayed, it has to be Tatar, Gallagher, or perhaps Kovalchuk?

If we’re only looking at this season then it’s obviously Tatar.

Domi has mostly been used as the 3rd C this year and he often had the wingers to go along with it. Obviously, he never really got going so it’s not like his usage was undeserved.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If we’re only looking at this season then it’s obviously Tatar.

Domi has mostly been used as the 3rd C this year and he often had the wingers to go along with it. Obviously, he never really got going so it’s not like his usage was undeserved.

Yes, it's hard for me to know how good Domi is right now, or his potential, given how bad his wingers were this year.

I really hope MB beings Kovy back AND signs another skilled winger, loke say Mike Hoffman. Those two, along with Tatar, Gallagher, and Drouin makes 5 skilled wingers. So, Danault, Domi, and Suzuki will each be playing with at least 1 skilled winger.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Yes, it's hard for me to know how good Domi is right now, or his potential, given how bad his wingers were this year.

I really hope MB beings Kovy back AND signs another skilled winger, loke say Mike Hoffman. Those two, along with Tatar, Gallagher, and Drouin makes 5 skilled wingers. So, Danault, Domi, and Suzuki will each be playing with at least 1 skilled winger.

Hoffman would be amazing. I was always super impressed with him in Ottawa.

Reactions: Dutronc and 26Mats

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
My top two :

Tatar: if you were to surround him with superstar players, I think he'd perform the best. He's just a solid all round player, good puck handling without being selfish, has a good shot. Give him some solid 1st liners to play with and every aspect of his game will improve.

Drouin: pre-injury Drouin was a completely different player than what we saw last year and post injury. He was arguably the best forward... For a few games lol

HM: Gallagher. Goals + intangibles

Reactions: angusyoung

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
You aren't winning anything with Gallagher as your best forward. It's absolutely pathetic. Nothing against Gally, but he wouldn't be the best forward on 95% of the teams in the NHL and for good reason.
No argument here man... He is the best forward on the habs right now though, as in most consistant, not the most skilled but he has more impact on the game than any of our forwards is what i meant... He should not be but it is what it is... I'll say i do disagree with people calling him a 3rd liner

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
Drouin and Domi (in that order) are our most talented forwards but Gallagher and Tatar are more consistent. It's up for debate how you apply that to who is actually 'the best'.

Reactions: BHD

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
How or why should we have a best forward thread when the team is bad? Do the forwards enjoy some sort of exemption from the awful? When I think Montreal Canadiens I am always thinking, man we sure do have that one best forward guy.:sarcasm:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hasn't everyone give up on Drouin by now?

He had a good start and many were back to being hopefull. Then he comes back, ckearly not 100% for a very small sample size, and evryone's given up on him again.

My take: I throw out the sample he came back still injured. Befire that he's been so up and down that I have to see more. No point in giving up on him because of the small sample size he was playing injured. No point in trading him for a bad return. i.e. we just have to wait and see what happens with him. Everyone wants to rush to a judgement or are angey at him beacuase he was bad when he came back still injured.

Just wait. The truth about who he is will be confirmed either way.

Reactions: Hacketts

Jerryvvv

Apr 4, 2020
kind of sad,

no matter who anybody thinks is our best player,

none of our players would be on the top line of a contending team

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Gallagher. He can produce with anyone and always make his line mates better. Legit 30 goal scorer that has never played with a great C. I have him as one of the better even strength guys in league. If he was a better PP player I think he would be 35+ per.

Reactions: JoelWarlord

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I would go more along these lines :

Work ethic : Gallagher
Skill : Tatar
Talent: Drouin (unfortunately we only started seeing it this year)
Passion : Domi (clearly not present this season)
Future : Suzuki (although in his last few games, he has struggled)

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
kind of sad,

no matter who anybody thinks is our best player,

none of our players would be on the top line of a contending team
I don't agree, Drouin would likely be catapulted on a first line if traded tomorrow on any team. He has talent and skill to be a top player, unfortunately he doesn't use it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad