Habs Best Forward?

Best Forward?

• Total voters

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I wouldn't say that but the other teams are certainly larger no doubt. Habs are frikkin tiny,my midget teams was bigger FFS,and I mean that literally.:)
Really? Which teams have a worse best forward? Only one that comes to mind is Ottawa but that will change after the draft with their 2 top 5 picks.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
To me, all of these players are top 6, but no one is totally better than an another one. They have specific quality, gallagher hearts, tatar shoots, danault defensive skills, domi dangle, drouin playmaking would make a really good player. Overall. I think Drouin is the best player in terms of skills. This guys has an elite level for playmaking, when he is playing at his maximum intensity, hes maybe the best

Reactions: Demon Wolf

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Really? Which teams have a worse best forward? Only one that comes to mind is Ottawa but that will change after the draft with their 2 top 5 picks.

Anaheim, i dont think Getzlaf is anything special anymore.. NJ, They have Hughes et Hischier who have the potential to be great but for now they are not. Minnesota, they have Fiala whos having a breakthrough year but i dont consider him better yet then Gallagher Tatar and cie..

The rest of the league, they pretty much all have 2-3 better players then ours and its been like that for the last 20 years

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
We are one of the rare teams, with no elite forward. But we have "depth" apparently.
I think guys like Domi, Tatar and Gally are excellent complementary players, but they can't be your best forward. Also, you can definitely do well with Danault and Drouin in your top 6 if you make up for it in other ways(excellent defense, a couple of elite players playing ahead). We just have no elite guys.
Anaheim, i dont think Getzlaf is anything special anymore.. NJ, They have Hughes et Hischier who have the potential to be great but for now they are not. Minnesota, they have Fiala whos having a breakthrough year but i dont consider him better yet then Gallagher Tatar and cie..

The rest of the league, they pretty much all have 2-3 better players then ours and its been like that for the last 20 years
Disagree about Getzlaf, but they also have Rakell who I don't see how he is worse than Tatar/Gally. New Jersey has Palmieri who is on par with Tatar/Gally imo. And Minny has Staal who is pretty close to those 2.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I think guys like Domi, Tatar and Gally are excellent complementary players, but they can't be your best forward. Also, you can definitely do well with Danault and Drouin in your top 6 if you make up for it in other ways(excellent defense, a couple of elite players playing ahead). We just have no elite guys.

Disagree about Getzlaf, but they also have Rakell who I don't see how he is worse than Tatar/Gally. New Jersey has Palmieri who is on par with Tatar/Gally imo. And Minny has Staal who is pretty close to those 2.

Getzlaf had 48 and 42 pts the last 2 seasons and if you watched him play, hes nowhere near the offensive dynamo he once was.
Im not saying they are worst but not better either.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Our forward group sucks so much the NHL should just give us 1st overall

We're missing that star.

We have a lot of good complememtary offensive players: Gallagher, Tatar, Suzuki, Domi, Drouin, Kovalchuk(?)

We have a great shutdown center: Danault.

We have 3 elite 4th line 2 way players: Armia, Byron, Lehkonen. One of whom can step into a 3rd line role.

Evand is a quality 4c.

That's 11 of the 12 foward spots being good. Problem is, the 1 piece we're missing at forward is the most important and difficult piece to get in all of hockey.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
We're missing that star.

We have a lot of good complememtary offensive players: Gallagher, Tatar, Suzuki, Domi, Drouin, Kovalchuk(?)

We have 3 elite 4th line 2 way players: Armia, Byron, Lehkonen. One of whom can step into a 3rd line role.

Evand is a quality 4c.

That's 11 of the 12 foward spots being good. Problem is, the 1 piece we're missing at forward is the most important and difficult piece to get in all of hockey.
So are you saying we are one player away? :huh:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
We're missing that star.

Evand is a quality 4c.

No it's not. You can put MacKinnon on this team, obviously it would help but it remains poorly built.
We need to change the group. Too many similar players, even Gallagher isn't as feisty as he once was.
They need a better mix of guys, adding one talented player isn't going to make this team complete up front.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
We're missing that star.

Evand is a quality 4c.

I would say 1.5 players we're missing. That .5 being Suzuki taking another huge step and getting that other top line forward

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad