Habs Best Forward?

Best Forward?

• Total voters

Jerryvvv

Apr 4, 2020
I don't agree, Drouin would likely be catapulted on a first line if traded tomorrow on any team. He has talent and skill to be a top player, unfortunately he doesn't use it.

seriously?

you think JD would make the top line in tampa, boston, toronto, etc?

tampa didnt even WANT drouin at all!!

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
seriously?

He was playing top minutes in Tampa. The only reason he was traded was because BargainBin wanted to bring in a talented french player to appease the french media. Also, he acted like a spoiled brat and that didn't fly well, similarities with the PK and Pac situations in Montreal. Unfortunately, he was labeled as the next Flower by BargainBin and hasn't lived up to expectations like many other french players that passed on this team. Then again, he has no Stamkos or Crosby to feed him the puck.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
seriously?

LOL ! Tampa didn't want him at all ...
it's such a wrong way to describe the trade Tampa have made . Drouin was the 3rd points scorer of the team , but they had Johnson, Point and Gourde that were on cheaper contract . Drouin needed a new one and would have cost more $$$$. They would have lost him or one of the ones i named to Vegas. So they trade him for a good defenseman to young to be picked by Vegas

Reactions: Habitant le colon

Jerryvvv

Apr 4, 2020
LOL ! Tampa didn't want him at all ...
it's such a wrong way to describe the trade Tampa have made . Drouin was the 3rd points scorer of the team , but they had Johnson, Point and Gourde that were on cheaper contract . Drouin needed a new one and would have cost more $$$$. They would have lost him or one of the ones i named to Vegas. So they trade him for a good defenseman to young to be picked by Vegas

dude, tampa would have taken peanuts for drouin, they just wanted him gone,

they wern't missing him, he wasnt even playing

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet

Jonathan Drouin Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com Dude JD 2016 was in is top year at only 3rd year nhlpro and he got 53 pts so just as much as last year. ... Can you tell me again why he was peanut or not even playing when he was only beaten by Hedman(72) and Kucherov(85)???

Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

I love to troll around in trade thread and even on main board. But dude STATS are clear here, you are misjudging JD by a mile.

Reactions: Dutronc and JAPPO

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
They all got in common to be elite second liners but questionable first liners?

I'd say this : Suzuki will outsmart and outplay them in a near future because he is a real 1st liner (body and soul) where Drouin need a kick in the balls and might be as well a problem for Domi. Wonder where Caufield will fit but actually the best forward in points production is Tatar. Do I have to vote. I don't think so cause this year is lost and JD miss almost all of it. Next year will be fun to watch tho ...

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Jonathan Drouin Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com Dude JD 2016 was in is top year at only 3rd year nhlpro and he got 53 pts so just as much as last year. ... Can you tell me again why he was peanut or not even playing when he was only beaten by Hedman(72) and Kucherov(85)???

Tampa Bay Lightning 2016-17 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

I love to troll around in trade thread and even on main board. But dude STATS are clear here, you are misjudging JD by a mile.
Putting up point (mostly on the PP) or playing didn’t mean the he was wanted or fit it want they wanted to do. TB had a lot of injuries, he might not have gotten that playing time if there aren’t any injuries. Drouin had request a trade and held out, TB had issue with the cap +they had to resign him and expansion draft... They wouldn’t have given him away for peanuts but he was clearly the odd man out and he had been on the block for quite some time. In the position they were in, getting one of the best prospect not playing in the NHL at a position of need for them was already top return + helped their cap and exp draft situation, that trade check all the boxes for them they were more than happy to finally move him. It isn’t the first time a team has traded away a talented player, him having talent doesn’t change the fact that they want get rid of him.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Have to admit I’m a sucker for Drouin’s skill level. IF he can put a consistent effort level like he did at the beginning of this season, I think he can be our “best” forward. That’s why I voted for him.

As it stands today, I think there’s little doubt Tatar is the best forward as he’s the most consistent point getter in the lineup and quite skilled. That’s kind of sad as he should be a 2nd line, supporting player on a contending team.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

It doesn't mean tampa will lose all sense of business if they dislike him. They are not peanut houle, if that deal with montreal wouldn't work, they would wait for similar offer with another team, not giving him for nothing. Maybe Mtl paid too much, we just don't know what would have been the deal with another team. I think tampa gm is smart and wouldn't give drouin for nothing. I sound like I'm repeating myself, lol.

Reactions: JAPPO

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Have to admit I’m a sucker for Drouin’s skill level. IF he can put a consistent effort level like he did at the beginning of this season, I think he can be our “best” forward. That’s why I voted for him.

As it stands today, I think there’s little doubt Tatar is the best forward as he’s the most consistent point getter in the lineup and quite skilled. That’s kind of sad as he should be a 2nd line, supporting player on a contending team.
He showed that it's possible for a 25 games stretch, before get injured. That's why I wouldn't trow the fur of the bear under the bus with JD yet. Not yet.

Reactions: Habitant le colon

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
He showed that it's possible for a 25 games stretch, before get injured. That's why I wouldn't trow the fur of the bear under the bus with JD yet. Not yet.
Exactly. Drouin did well before his injury but in term of production wise, it's the same production that he had the year before and we all know how it ended. Drouin is in the NHL for 6th season now, he's not a rookie, not young anymore, he should be in his prime like MacKinnon, Barkov, Jones, Lindholm, Monahan etc.. the guys in his draft yet Drouin still haven't got a single consistent season and it's not like he doesn't have the talent too. It might be a fluke but even Domi had a good season in his pocket.

So for me his 19 games "great" games haven't convince me of anything for several reasons. First, in the first 2 months, the scoring is usually pretty high, a lot of players plays for PPG rate. Secondly, like I said Drouin started the season the same way last season so it's not new that he can have a good start in a season, the later game are the ones that matter more or tougher to play.

Remember when finally had his chance to play as a center to start a season, he looked great with a production of 23pts in 25 games. He got injured and never found in his game back.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

thats the thing with him. He can do it over a short period of time. If he can learn to do it more consistently and over a full season, I think he can be a ppg player. He’ll have to do it soon because he’s entering what should be his prime and same players take longer to mature than others which I hope is his case. Too much talent to give up on just yet.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
Gallagher and Domi are #3 FWDs
Tatar and Drouin are #5 FWDs, but Tatar is playing better because of top lines mins.
Danault is a great 3rd liner
Armia and Byron are good bottom 6ers
Suzuki will be top 6
Lehkonen is worth having

It's pretty easy, the Habs just need a #1 and a #2 FWD then it looks normal!

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Habs haven't had what I call an elite forward in decades. Turgeon was the last arguable one but I still wouldn't say so. You'd probably have to go back to Lafleur being the last one. Yet they have 5-6 Vezinas between three different goalies in that timespan. If they draft Askarov this year over a top forward, I'm done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad