Post-Game Talk: Habs beat the Stars... But just.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Is there an update on Anderson????

I imagine there will be one tomorrow. Canadiens had today off. Tomorrow is a game day & I can't imagine Anderson plays. OTOH, Montreal hasn't recalled anyone from Laval, so maybe Dvorak is ready to go & they'll stick with 11F, 7D.

Last update on Dvorak was return unknown rather than day-to-day. Someone has to be recalled. We can't play with 10 forwards.

Reactions: Habs

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
It might just be that their fanbase is unaware of HF boards. The crowd seemed to be into the game, it wasn't a Florida Panthers like atmosphere and I actually like the green home jerseys but their old black one with the star in the center was better looking.
As Stamkos was to The Athletic earlier this year about TBay
“You have enough notoriety if you need to (pull strings to) get a reservation or go anywhere, but it’s not over the top,'” said Stamkos. “That’s what is pretty special about it — you have the sold-out rinks, the passionate fans but you can go to the beach and not get recognized.

You can play golf during the season, you can get away from the game a little bit and be outdoors and from a family perspective, that’s amazing too.”

Reactions: OldCraig71

MtlSars

Dec 9, 2016
Is that you Geoff? :laugh: last time I checked the NHL isn't a coaching development League. He refused veteren coaching help when Gorton asked,kept Burrows and hired his buddy Robidas who also has very little coaching experience,we are last in defense and special teams,sorry but a rebuild is painfull enough ,the fans are entitled to more than that after 30+ years of mediocrity
I'm curious, who would you rather see as our HC?

This team has been fun to watch for 2 years because for once were not playing a stingy trap system a la Therrien Jacques Martin Claude Julien etc. Kids arent stuck to the bench after a silly mistake while Matheson falls every other shift... The key players are showing decent growth and progression and the team is playing and competing, if you told me we'd be playing .500 in January at the season start I would have laughed at you, nevermind missing Dach and Newhook for all/most of it.

I'll give you the f*** Burrows and this PP and PK are bad and there's no excuse, even the lineup on paper doesn't solely justify the lack of creativity and our lackluster PP.

You do realise the coach here needs to speak french too? I didn't make the rule, the fans didn't make the rule either, the media made the rules because they all speak english like Renaud Lavoie....

Which hasbeen are we going to recycle to play the 14th brand of Jacques Lemaire boring hockey?

PS: We're also number 1 in scoring from the backend...we have 4-5 22 year old players in there......so Robidas can pass the no nepotism test for year 1.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
“You have enough notoriety if you need to (pull strings to) get a reservation or go anywhere, but it’s not over the top,'” said Stamkos. “That’s what is pretty special about it — you have the sold-out rinks, the passionate fans but you can go to the beach and not get recognized.

You can play golf during the season, you can get away from the game a little bit and be outdoors and from a family perspective, that’s amazing too.”
Wouldn't want that turd on my team.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Wheeler had story where he went up to a bouncer trying to use his name to get in an Atlanta club.

He told them he plays for the Atlanta thrashers. Everyone started laughing and told him to get back in line.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Maybe that’s the ultimate issue… needing to manage expectations when scouting reports clearly stated there was no generational talent in 2022 draft…

Not all draft cuvées are created equal.
That’s just how expectations work sadly but I agree 100% that not all drafts are made equal and that’s unfair to him

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Please keep logic out of this and just repeat the mantra: MSL is bad; Matheson is bad; Slafkovsky is bad: Harris is bad… I don’t know why they are bad, but if you repeat it enough, it must be true.
Whose mantra is that? Ever since Slaf has taken another step up in his game, I don’t think I’ve any attacking posts about him. The others, that’s a whole other story.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
This team has one line and yougins on the blue line (2 experienced fellas back there, that’s it), and some posters blame the coach. This is funny as f***.

It’s a rinky dink lineup with three legit good forwards, a bunch of misfits, including a guy who was traded WITH a first round pick because they really, really wanted to get rid of him, and some of you believe MSL is our weakness???? Bwahahahaha!

Vous avez appris votre hockey aux loisirs St-Euzèbe ou quoi???

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Wheeler had story where he went up to a bouncer trying to use his name to get in an Atlanta club.

He told them he plays for the Atlanta thrashers. Everyone started laughing and told him to get back in line.
Therefore Atlanta will be gifted another franchise, pathetic!

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
This team has one line and yougins on the blue line (2 experienced fellas back there, that’s it), and some posters blame the coach. This is funny as f***.

It’s a rinky dink lineup with three legit good forwards, a bunch of misfits, including a guy who was traded WITH a first round pick because they really, really wanted to get rid of him, and some of you believe MSL is our weakness???? Bwahahahaha!

Vous avez appris votre hockey aux loisirs St-Euzèbe ou quoi???
1704341751163.gif

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
I agree with this. I can only imagine what type of dman Harris will be at 25. I have a feeling, luke Ylonen, Harris will decide to really bulk up. And this will bring his effectiveness as a defender to a higher level.

/ snip /

I remember reading last year that Matheson & Harris were both in impeccable shape with regard to body fat / cardio.

Hopefully Harris is able to add strength but he’s like 8 pounds lighter than Matheson and 3 inches shorter so maybe that’s it. I agree that he needs to address this somehow to become a top4 guy.

Reactions: 26Mats

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Therefore Atlanta will be gifted another franchise, pathetic!

Atlanta is very sprawled out city. At least in their current plan, they are targeting the area of the city that would give the best chance to succeed.

Phillips arena was a terrible locale from a demographic standpoint.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
MSL is getting exposed so hard. Guy is a legend on ice, but has serious flaws as a coach.

He should be assistant, not head coach. They'll have to move from him when this team is able to compete.
This was just a bad hire. I'm not sure if he got hired because he became BFF with Gorton while in New York, but you can't take a dude with no serious coaching experience and make him the guy. It's similar to Gretzky coaching in Phoenix.

Just like players need to develop before they're ready for the NHL, so do coaches.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
MSL is the best coach we've had since I can remember.

The development we've seen from young players literally was a lucky bounce most of the time.. the methodical approach of building the skills, the concepts, etc. is all great and will pay dividends in due time.

We are winning more games than we should with the roster we have and a lot of that is on the coaching but also the development happening of key players.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
The Habs are a one line team and the rest of the Fs and Ds are basically being held together by duck-tape and playing over their heads.

The goalies are said to be overperforming, but it is very hard to believe that all 3 of them are at the same time (number 2 to 4 in the steals rankings with similar % share) so there must be an external factor at work here (who face whom, dzone system causing stat padding, extra development and pause with the 3 goalie system, etc). For example, Allen's performance take a dive when he plays too many consecutive games, so him not playing a lot with 3 goalies really helps.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I wasn't complaining that you were complaining, I was asking what it is you were complaining about.

So many teams are in contention because of the salary cap. When a team acquires a lot of successful players, they can't keep them all due to the cap. So the good players get spread out around the league. I don't see that as having a bad league. It does make it really challenging to build a dynasty. But I'd rather a league where it's hard to build a dynasty than a league where it takes a team forever to get out of the gutter. The salary cap makes it challenging to build a winner - and that's how it should be, challenging to build a winner.

I also want ts to tank harder. But management has made a decision to balance keeping some good vets and trying to build a winning mentality/culture with the youth. So far I like management, so we'll see how it turns out. I would like to move David Savard if we get a good offer this TDL. When Monahan was playing well at C, I wanted to go Suzuki- Dach-Monahan down the middle, so that young guys like Newhook, Slaf, RHP, Roy, and Ylonen wouldn't get stuck playing with Dvo as their 3c. Now that Monahan has slowed down, to my eye, I'm more open to moving him. But I also do think he's great to have around for the young guys. It's possible he'll be good for another 5 years, given he's still only 29.
Interesting to take notice of, a complaint is a legitimate grievance and often an undeniable fact. An observation and or not up to an individual's standards and also a preference. Why do they ask a patron how they like your steak cooked?, a preference. If you soup comes too cold, it's a fact.
Losers just take it and never say a thing and always make excuses for others and their actions, no backbone, just accept things as they are and hope things will turn out for the better eventually.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
It might just be that their fanbase is unaware of HF boards. The crowd seemed to be into the game, it wasn't a Florida Panthers like atmosphere and I actually like the green home jerseys but their old black one with the star in the center was better looking.

People who are passionate about hockey will find these boards. There is a direct corellation between the size of passionate fanbases and traffic on related internet sites.........North American geography has nothing to do with it. People in Florida are far from passionate about hockey lol. I will be in Ft. Lauderdale for a month so I will let them know about us:thumbu:

Reactions: OldCraig71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad