Post-Game Talk: Habs beat poor WAS goalies 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
:facepalm:

Why some of you are calling yourself Habs fans is really hard to understand for me...

Someone mentioned Danault and his line had a good game, you answered with they faced poor competition so they still suck!

I told you they actually faced top competition and you come back with Ovi didn't try hard enough?

Stop ****ing kidding yourself! You're not a Habs Fan!

Anyone who tells someone they're not a real fan during pre-season is taking things wayyyyyyyy too seriously.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Maybe you're biased? Maybe?

Clode saw the same thing I saw, I said I liked his poise with the puck in the GDT.

Lackadaisical? How keeping possession of the puck is lackadaisical?

Man, sometimes I seriously don't get this board...
He has never impressed me. 6 NHL teams in 9 years and I base my opinion on having watched him many times on many teams and....he is simply a borderline NHL D who will ensure we draft a high pick. Schlemko , Benn and Alzner are not Dman that you build a playoff team around.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Anybody else see the pattern here?

Price plays we lose
Price doesn't play we win

Same as last season!!

Maybe the reason they kept Price is because they know he is good for the tank!!
Price played great the night before last. Allowed 2 goals on 22 shots, both of which were unstoppable. Price won’t be the issue...the AHL level D will be

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Preseason do not exist so that you know the real value of your team. Preseason exist to determine as close as possible the real value of the players to either keep them or not.
Pre-season is an evaluation camp. It really has nothing to do with preparing your regular season roster.
Honestly I find it very stupid.

Reactions: Whitesnake

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
:facepalm:

Why some of you are calling yourself Habs fans is really hard to understand for me...

Someone mentioned Danault and his line had a good game, you answered with they faced poor competition so they still suck!

I told you they actually faced top competition and you come back with Ovi didn't try hard enough?

Stop ****ing kidding yourself! You're not a Habs Fan!

Its actually true
Ovechkin was not going all out
Most of the time he got on the ice for extremely short shifts, it felt like he didn't even have time to sweat out there

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
I am back from the game:

Kotkaniemi is nowhere ready to play in the NHL. He is able to skate and hang in there but the game is too fast for him to create his offense. I want him to keep improving by playing 18+ minutes in Europe or in the AHL and not 12 minutes in the NHL. He doesn't seems like a sure bet to be an effective 1st line center. Still a lot of work to do. Habs need to draft a center better than him if they want to compete for the Stanley cup in the next 10 years.

Gallagher and Tatar were amazing. I also liked Danault, Peca, Chaput and Ward.

Hudon needs to do a lot better he shouldn't think that his spot is safe Vejdemo was more impressive than him.

I thought the opposite. Maybe because he wasn't facing top flight opposition and I dont know whats his ceiling ,but he keeps setting players up and taking smart decisions with the puck. Im not saying he's ready, but he's much more closer than not. You can tell easily he'll be an NHL player

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
MTL
Alzner - Petry
Mete - Juulsen
Reilly - Valiev
*Benn, Schlemko
inj: Weber

LAVAL
Ouellet - Lernout
Taormina - Despres
Moravcik - Sklenicka

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
MTL
Alzner - Petry
Mete - Juulsen
Reilly - Valiev
*Benn, Schlemko
inj: Weber

LAVAL
Ouellet - Lernout
Taormina - Despres
Moravcik - Sklenicka

Even though he scored and he's +5 in 2 games. I don't see why Valiev would be on the NHL roster. He brings nothing special.

I prefer Lernout, at least he plays physical and can throw hits... something we lack on defense.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Anybody else see the pattern here?

Price plays we lose
Price doesn't play we win

Same as last season!!

Maybe the reason they kept Price is because they know he is good for the tank!!

Well, there’s 82 regular season games to go after preseason, but just going by the small sample size of 3 preseason games, the last loss the team scored 2 goals. In the wins, they’ve scored 3 and 5 goals.

And if you want to name names, Niemi lost the last game and if you actually watched the game, those were horrible goals.

I’ll admit as much as anyone that Price was bad last year regardless of the defence in front of him. I expect him to have a bounce back year, but acknowledge he may not.

That said, never change. We can always count on random Price hate coming from you even when he doesn’t play. All I ask is don’t blame Price for the scouts not drafting Mcleod. Not his fault.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
That said, never change. We can always count on random Price hate coming from you even when he doesn’t play. All I ask is don’t blame Price for the scouts not drafting Mcleod. Not his fault.

She doesn't even watch the games. It's obvious. Here to **** on Bergevin and Price.

But Price was good on his 30 minutes. He made a big highlight save. I'm sure he will be a lot better than last year.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Is that some sort of superstitious ritual you maritimers perform? Do you really think it'll help your team perform better?:sarcasm:

No Ritual. Just thinking the depth is there and they are playing well this pre-season (the non NHL players). With a new coach and a re-hauled AHL roster, I expect them to compete and make the playoffs. In truth, there is more competition for roster spots in Laval as their is in Montreal. It will be interesting to see who rises from those AHL depth of players.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
She doesn't even watch the games. It's obvious. Here to **** on Bergevin and Price.

But Price was good on his 30 minutes. He made a big hight light save. I'm sure he will be a lot better than last year.

Price was good in his half game. No soft goals which is key. Last year, the pucks that found their way in on Price was very bizarre and it seemed to happen every game. Price just needs to keep it simple this year. Stop the easy ones! I can deal with a goal that he had little chance to stop but the soft goals drive me nuts! It kills any momentum

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I know it's only three games in but I see a remarkable difference between this "team's" play and last year's team. It's not so much the talent level as it is the style of play. It's upbeat, fast and relentless. Once they retrieve the puck in the defensive zone it's out on the offensive play in one or two plays. I wonder if Richardson's and Ducharme's presence is being felt from the get-go?

Richardson as a coach I don't know that well but Ducharme's teams play that way - especially the last 2 junior Team Canada squads.

Reactions: groovejuice

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Price was good in his half game. No soft goals which is key. Last year, the pucks that found their way in on Price was very bizarre and it seemed to happen every game. Price just needs to keep it simple this year. Stop the easy ones! I can deal with a goal that he had little chance to stop but the soft goals drive me nuts! It kills any momentum
It was only half a game but the Pricer looked like his head was in the game and not thinking about some rodeo bull out west.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It was only half a game but the Pricer looked like his head was in the game and not thinking about some rodeo bull out west.

I'm betting he rebounds and plays a full year but he can only do so much. He can't have the mentality that he is going to lead our team into the playoffs. The team D is not the same as it was when we were winning divisions and the offensive will still struggle to score. I can see the Habs competing with non cup contenders but I'm predicting a .500 record (+/-). That means a top 8 to top 15 ish pick in the next draft. It kind of annoys me. It's middle of the pack territory.

Regardless, we need Price to get back to the guy we know. Because if we are not a playoff team for several years, I can see the Habs trading the vets and we need to get solid returns on our assets. Like we did with Patch. For those who think we won't get much for Price and Weber, I'm sorry. I don't agree. Those guys are very valuable assets and cup contenders with missing holes that Price and Weber fit will be drooling over acquiring them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad